Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So failing to sign a player the club very possibly neither require nor want is now a resigning matter? Why? Because a few Mixers would get their panties in a twist?
How dare you be rational.

BTW, how’s your leg doing?………hope you‘re on the mend. Are you at least able to move around a bit ,( go to the fridge for a beer;)).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepúlveda been on Sky just, was asked about Nunes to Wolves.

Said Nunes initially didn't even want to hear from Wolves as had no interest whatsoever in joining. Eventually agreed to listen to proposal made but no agreement was reached. Player waiting for other options later in the window.

The journalists opinion was that he could not see Nunes going to Wolves as feels he suits a much 'bigger project'.

Without saying it in as many words he made it sound like we have absolutely no chance.

One interesting bit was on Palhinha though. Said Fulham have it all agreed with Sporting CP and it's simply down to the player saying yes, with Fulham constantly pushing him to sign now.

Unlike reports on Twitter he didn't make it sound it's inevitable Palhinha says yes, instead saying we will find out his decision in a week or two.

No mention of Wolves but my interpretation was that the journalist was indicating Palhinha is still holding out for another club and will give it as long as possible to see if something comes up.
TY for an interesting post. Basically then both players are holding out for the best club that they can get. Wholly unsurprising.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why not follow benfica's offer.
Perhaps as simple as we want someone in for the start of the season? If we'd signed him on those terms and had a bad start and/or, God forbid, midfield injuries can you imagine the state of this place and what would be said about the management?

Edited to add: l still remember when folk on here said now that results don't matter play the kids and then, when that happened and we really weren't very good, bleated like hell...

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How dare you be rational.

BTW, how’s your leg doing?………hope you‘re on the mend. Are you at least able to move around a bit ,( go to the fridge for a beer;)).
Thanks for the question. I am still in plaster (a lovely purple, my daughter's favourite colour) and unable to weight bear on my right foot until 5 July (so can't sign on 1 July to save the day, sorry, lol). While my left hand leg muscles are taking a battering l am coping (and can indeed get to the fridge!).

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be happy if that’s what happens!

I’m a bit burned by the last two windows. Last summer in particular I was prettt bullish and defended the club’s activity right up to deadline day. But when it became clear that none of the rumoured deals were happening, it was a massive let down, and compounded by Jeff’s backtracking in his later interview.
In any case I'll be reserving judgement until Preseason, season's eve and transfer deadline day. Until those milestones any judgement is just noise.

R

reanswolf

So failing to sign a player the club very possibly neither require nor want is now a resigning matter? Why? Because a few Mixers would get their panties in a twist?
You're the one most upset about any slur about your lovechild Donk.
Didn't you read those stats about his play? Obviously not :)-.
I agree was exaggerating when I gave him 2 out of 10 for dribbling, passing, tackling, shooting, creativity.........and he deserves 11 out of 10 for chasing shadows.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sums up my fears above, players aren't shut off from the world, the perception of Wolves isn't as a project but as a window shop.
It used to be. Sadly, performances on the pitch reflect Shi and Sellar’s dour personalities. They have successfully smothered the fires of ambition and along with it expectations and excitement. Over the last couple of seasons they have also turned us into a mid to lower order batsman of a mid to lower table county cricket side where the occasional 50 is to be celebrated.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a slight concern for me is we have had "strong" links from respectable sources for the likes of Palhinha,Nunes and Fernández but every other position we need to strengthen has gone really quiet apart from the odd one from bad sources (Barbosa and Collins) I just hope we are working on other areas of the side at the moment and just not hearing about it than just looking at the Centre Midfield position which as of now looks like it could drag on for a while..

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're the one most upset about any slur about your lovechild Donk.
Didn't you read those stats about his play? Obviously not :)-.
I agree was exaggerating when I gave him 2 out of 10 for dribbling, passing, tackling, shooting, creativity.........and he deserves 11 out of 10 for chasing shadows.
Also defends the management on another thread, whilst being one of the biggest critics of Bruno, quite surreal. :)

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree! Our midfield aren't the best at being able to play that way, they are much better at supporting the defence than the attack. I don't think it's one thing or the other, but many causes. If we got a dynamic creative midfielder in, still think we'd be at the lower end of the "Goals For" column. All that would happen would be what we saw in the first 3 games last season - more chances wasted.
So, how do they fix it without a radical overhaul? From day one, Bruno acknowledged we didn’t have enough goals in the team and after one full season he hasn’t been able to resolve the problem with the existing squad.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the question. I am still in plaster (a lovely purple, my daughter's favourite colour) and unable to weight bear on my right foot until 5 July (so can't sign on 1 July to save the day, sorry, lol). While my left hand leg muscles are taking a battering l am coping (and can indeed get to the fridge!).
Now come on. Anyone else okay it might happen on the 5th July but you are a Wolves fan and all things Wolves. So you should know it aint going to be then. I would guess another 6 months or so when the next window comes into play.
Might be less if you are lucky and get away with it as you choose to go for purple and not black and old gold That might fool them.
All seriousness aside and now I am only joking .....................I wish you a speedy recovery. :D

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
This can’t be true. We wouldn’t have sent someone to South America to try and secure a deal in the days before the release clause increased only to not be prepared to pay the original release clause.

Would make no sense at all.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PR is much more than that.
Do you know where we are planning to head next year and how we are going to get there ?
I have no idea , and reading MM, I am joined by almost everyone on here, so how can we get players to join us without a clear purpose.
I don’t necessarily disagree but I would say that what is outlined to players and agents may be different to what is in the public domain for fans. When you apply for a job or are head hunted you are often given a recruitment pack that pulls together information to describe where the organisation is going or wanting to achieve for that role. This information is different to that in the public domain for customers/fans. Also for players, the sell is not where we will be in 5/6 years but where they can use the club to achieve, will we facilitate the sale of the player to a bigger club, what’s the length of contract and what will I be paid.

The problem with saying we want to achieve this or achieve that is that a) you can be hoisted by your own petard if things don’t progress as planned b) people become cynical. SJH and Morgan made all sorts of promises and never delivered to the extent the vision was a pipe dream. I believe Fosun want to establish us as a leading club in the country that in the long term is consistently challenging the top 6. That’s what’s been said and that’s what I am looking for them to achieve.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone looking forward to Fabio next season? He has all the right attitude, Atleast in training.

The limited access I have to social media, he seems to be constantly training and bettering himself, even on his holidays.

He has gained a substantial amount of muscle, and will continue to do so.

Genuinely think he’ll do well next season.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In any case I'll be reserving judgement until Preseason, season's eve and transfer deadline day. Until those milestones any judgement is just noise.

Out of curiosity (and not being fractious, genuinely interested), will you be satisfied if let’s say hypothetically we keep the current squad and add 1-2 Trincao performance level players on loan?

This is just my hunch as to how this window will unfold, give or take Neves staying.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I guess his account slightly different from Spiers because he has had his personal account on Twitter since 2009. Spiers account was originally an E&S Twitter handle so he was expected only to Tweet about Wolves stuff. It might be wise for Madeley to stick to Wolves content from now on, but it's up to him really. He's using his Twitter to promote his Athletic stuff now and again, promote other Athletic articles, and also Tweet on his other interests and views. That's fine, he's allowed to Tweet about what he likes just like anyone else is. If someone doesn't like it they can unfollow him and just get his Wolves related stuff on The Athletic if they want to. His account wasn't started by, or owned by The Athletic so he can Tweet about what he likes. I appreciate this will annoy some people, especially the 'Stick to football ' crowd who seem to always get annoyed by football accounts like Gary Lineker tweeting about non football stuff they don't agree with. Yet they feel they can post anything they want that's not related to their job or profession on their own personal accounts. Maybe slightly different with football journalists like Madeley but the principle still stands. He doesn't have to just tweet what Wolves fans want him to. He can Tweet what he likes and anyone is free to unfollow or ignore him.
He can post what he wants, absolute weirdos monitoring his account.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiosity (and not being fractious, genuinely interested), will you be satisfied if let’s say hypothetically we keep the current squad and add 1-2 Trincao performance level players on loan?

This is just my hunch as to how this window will unfold, give or take Neves staying.
If we added a CB and CM on loan with options to buy I'd be somewhat satisfied.

I'd be hoping for Boly/Jonny levels of performance though, not Vallejo/Trincao performances.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that Jeff is not very concerned about the last two seasons’ performances and the serious lack of goals. He’s not blind…..and he knows how easy a club can start circling near the drain.
I doubt that Wolves will accept that again so I presume we’ll get players in to help address that.

Thats always assuming that said players in will want to come to the Wolves.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looking forward to Fabio next season? He has all the right attitude, Atleast in training.

The limited access I have to social media, he seems to be constantly training and bettering himself, even on his holidays.

I hope so.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are
I was being facetious to be fair. However at the same time, after how many abject failures of transfer windows do they start getting truly held to account. Palhinha is the easiest signing we could ever make, and massively improves the match day squad options, yet we are losing out to a team that takes a Victoria sponge cake on their away day train. It’s ridiculous.

My own opinion on everything, we had a stumble under Nuno, some ego maniac hit the panic button, and now we have thrown the baby out with the bath water. The club feels more 3M’s than prime Fosun, and I can’t quite understand how we have ended up throwing it all away like this.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are

I was being facetious to be fair. However at the same time, after how many abject failures of transfer windows do they start getting truly held to account. Palhinha is the easiest signing we could ever make, and massively improves the match day squad options, yet we are losing out to a team that takes a Victoria sponge cake on their away day train. It’s ridiculous.

My own opinion on everything, we had a stumble under Nuno, some ego maniac hit the panic button, and now we have thrown the baby out with the bath water. The club feels more 3M’s than prime Fosun, and I can’t quite understand how we have ended up throwing it all away like this.
I'm not sure that l wholly agree but it certainly feels like we are drifting and the sense of aim we had is missing.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was actually going to start a thread on this last night but I was too tanked up lol.

He's ripped to shreds now - he definitely wasn't anything like that when he joined. I have a good feeling about him

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that Jeff is not very concerned about the last two seasons’ performances and the serious lack of goals. He’s not blind…..and he knows how easy a club can start circling near the drain.
I doubt that Wolves will accept that again so I presume we’ll get players in to help address that.
I don't trust him or sellars .

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This can’t be true. We wouldn’t have sent someone to South America to try and secure a deal in the days before the release clause increased only to not be prepared to pay the original release clause.

Would make no sense at all.

Exactly. Whilst journalists might get general information on transfers from contacts, eg player x going to club y, through various second hand sources, the chances of them knowing accurately why a deal didn't happen is really slim. They're relying on the view of someone who's likely biased, from buying or selling club, and probably got the information second hand themselves.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kalvin Phillips to city surely means they’re not buying another midfielder (Nunes)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps as simple as we want someone in for the start of the season? If we'd signed him on those terms and had a bad start and/or, God forbid, midfield injuries can you imagine the state of this place and what would be said about the management?

Edited to add: l still remember when folk on here said now that results don't matter play the kids and then, when that happened and we really weren't very good, bleated like hell...
I'd like to know in which game we "played the kids"? Against Brighton we had a very experienced line up that let us down.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

westside wolf

Reaction score

This time last year everyone here was utterly convinced he was about to have a breakout year. Didn’t score a single goal. I hope you’re right.

Back
Top Bottom