Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour out of marca

Manchester United have increased their bid for 25-year-old Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong from a fixed 60m euros (£51.5m) to 65m euros (£55.8m), but the Spanish club want a minimum of 75m euros (£64.4m) for the Dutch international. (Marca)

I guess if nunes goes barca, we have the chance to pick up nico and others if mendes (tells us , to let them have him). Not like nunes would choose wolves over barca anyway
Yeah,it will be next weekend before we start crying over another failed attempt i guess

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would we? He'll either want to stay at Brentford or go to Utd.

And given how many of our fans think it's embarrassing as a club to go for someone when you're not 100% sure they'll sign for us, it's probably a good thing we're not!

Besides the fact that we probably couldn’t afford his wages.

Being serious, with our recent luck in injuries, for his and our health, I am glad we’re not in for him. Excellent player, and I’m glad he was able to make his return and show his skill again, but there is a residual risk even after his treatment.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I'm not a panicky type but i have to admit i'll be extremely concerned if we havent got a couple of players sorted by Tuesday. I know you will get all the people saying how hard it is to seal deals blah blah blah but i feel we should be on the ball a lot more. Hopefully i get proved wrong.
Can I ask why specifically Tuesday?
If yes...

Why specifically Tuesday?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brighton finished above us and Crystal Palace 2 places below so we already are that type of club.
Yeah, exactly unless we can get an advantage say through Mendes’ relationship.

Point I’m trying to make is if we hadn’t had the Mendes link in the past to give us the players he has already , we would have finished way behind Palace and BHA as I think their recruitment team appears better than ours.

Gallagher
Bissouma
Lampty
Cucurella
Mwepu
Guehi
Mitchell
Trossard (edit)

All (loans excluded) bought pretty cheap and massively increased in value imo.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s all ok. Tuesday will see our excellent media team unveil our latest signing. Fresh from his trip to South America, Hobbs introduces Maria, the new tea lady… We can expect moody lighting as she brews a pot, and skilfully pours the first cup. A smiling Hobbs shows his appreciation for her deft brewing skills. Then an extended interview where she describes her upbringing and how her family helped her develop her tea making skills, before she got her big break.

PS. Then in his pre season interview, Jeff fails Maria as a generational talent (in tea making), and Russell talks about the opportunity to grow the brand in the Brazilian market after this high profile signing, and the potential to launch Wolves Tea…

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit of investment in PR where we control reported events should be employed
Wolves can’t stop people making things up in their bedroom. Nor can they stop click bait sites doing similar. They also can’t help if people lose their minds on fans forums and make wild assumptions based on GCSE business studies and an infallible ability to catastrophise. Denying every rumour would be a full time job, also some rumours help distract from what we are trying to do.

I think we will sign players, maybe not the marquee signings that people have heard of but then we have only done that once. What people forget is that Neves, Jota, Jimenez et al were not marquee Premiership signings, we weren’t fighting off the rest of the Premiership for their signature. They have become good Premier League players but when we signed them they were bench players for teams in Spain and Portugal.

My biggest concern is the manager, will he get the best out of the players? Me, I’d have got rid at the end of the season. Fosun have chosen to keep him, it’s probably their biggest gamble so far.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s all ok. Tuesday will see our excellent media team unveil our latest signing. Fresh from his trip to South America, Hobbs introduces Maria, the new tea lady… We can expect moody lighting as she brews a pot, and skilfully pours the first cup. A smiling Hobbs shows his appreciation for her deft brewing skills. Then an extended interview where she describes her upbringing and how her family helped her develop her tea making skills, before she got her big break.
Maria, I once met a girl called Maria.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves can’t stop people making things up in their bedroom. Nor can they stop click bait sites doing similar. They also can’t help if people lose their minds on fans forums and make wild assumptions based on GCSE business studies and an infallible ability to catastrophise. Denying every rumour would be a full time job, also some rumours help distract from what we are trying to do.

I think we will sign players, maybe not the marquee signings that people have heard of but then we have only done that once. What people forget is that Neves, Jota, Jimenez et al were not marquee Premiership signings, we weren’t fighting off the rest of the Premiership for their signature. They have become good Premier League players but when we signed them they were bench players for teams in Spain and Portugal.

My biggest concern is the manager, will he get the best out of the players? Me, I’d have got rid at the end of the season. Fosun have chosen to keep him, it’s probably their biggest gamble so far.
But we weren't a Premier League team when we signed Neves and Jota

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask why specifically Tuesday?
If yes...

Why specifically Tuesday?

Back in training next week, and i feel we have had plenty of time to get our act together since the end of last season. While i dont expect all our business done early in the window, i dont think its unfair to expect something in the bag by now. Tuesday seems a good day to me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont mind if we dont sign star players, but we need to identify players to bring in capable of developing to that level alongside just solid, proven players to help other develop.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree WWFC cant control others but we are a every prominent company. Aspiring to be good .
.And our image will attract players and fans and journalists.
We all need a strong narrative, to be told things in a positive way, not left to guess . The cost of a PR department £250,000 . The effect massive IMO

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we weren't a Premier League team when we signed Neves and Jota
No we weren’t but I would still say that whilst there was a lot of hope and hyperbole when they signed there was still concern as many of us weren’t sure how they’d get on. I can remember posters questioning how good Neves was in the early season.

My point being you just don’t know who will come good and who won’t with the model we are following.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

PS. Then in his pre season interview, Jeff fails Maria as a generational talent (in tea making), and Russell talks about the opportunity to grow the brand in the Brazilian market after this high profile signing, and the potential to launch Wolves Tea…
And in a further development, it has been revealed that former tea-lady Doris is relocating to Sheffield United. In an interview Doris has stated that at this stage in her career her priority is to simply enjoy brewing tea and feels her opportunities at Molineux would have been greater if she had been called Dorisinho. Doris has been quoted as saying she now wants "to do it for Yorkshire".

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont mind if we dont sign star players, but we need to identify players to bring in capable of developing to that level alongside just solid, proven players to help other develop.
I would agree. The signing of Moutinho helped considerably in that first season or two. I would argue he is still a massive help as he’s seen and done most things in his career. We do have experienced players now (provided we don’t sell them all). What I don’t want to see and we are in danger of doing is not refreshing the team and it stagnating and growing old together. It’s almost the Wolves way as it’s what we did in the 70s, early 80s, 90s and under Jones and McCarthy.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we weren’t but I would still say that whilst there was a lot of hope and hyperbole when they signed there was still concern as many of us weren’t sure how they’d get on. I can remember posters questioning how good Neves was in the early season.

My point being you just don’t know who will come good and who won’t with the model we are following.
Tbf my biggest surprise of recent was Neto I know they said he had potential, but they say that about everyone we get lol, but Neto really did come good just unfortunate with the injury

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree WWFC cant control others but we are a every prominent company. Aspiring to be good .
.And our image will attract players and fans and journalists.
We all need a strong narrative, to be told things in a positive way, not left to guess . The cost of a PR department £250,000 . The effect massive IMO
Our comms have been poor at times. I think the Ask Wolves pieces are good but are once a year. I would still not expect them to talk about transfer business even generally

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Back in training next week, and i feel we have had plenty of time to get our act together since the end of last season. While i dont expect all our business done early in the window, i dont think its unfair to expect something in the bag by now. Tuesday seems a good day to me.
Nothing wrong with a Tuesday mate. And also not unfair to expect some sort of incoming activity by now but not exactly surprising for me that there isn’t.

What’s ya tip for Sunday night?

I’m gonna say Maroons by 4.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Tuesday mate. And also not unfair to expect some sort of incoming activity by now but not exactly surprising for me that there isn’t.

What’s ya tip for Sunday night?

I’m gonna say Maroons by 4.

Hoping they take out the series, but they way the Blues have been crying about the Refs in the media i'm expecting them to take out game 2 with a few leg ups from the officials.

R

reanswolf

It’s not football manager.
Players are bought, not sold.
Dendonker is criminally undervalued both for his versatility and talent.
You’ll be lucky to get £2.50 for cutrone.
Sorry Stu I don’t like feeling unhappy with players but Donk for me plays 1 good game in 10. And the other 9 he is absolutely dire.

Of course we might still get worse, but Neves would benefit so much by having more bite mobility but with someone who can pass and play around him too.

Good squad member but for me he desperately needs upgrading if we are to thrive.

It’s all opinions though, but my lad used to rate him until he watched his play closely.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Stu I don’t like feeling unhappy with players but Donk for me plays 1 good game in 10. And the other 9 he is absolutely dire.

Of course we might still get worse, but Neves would benefit so much by having more bite mobility but with someone who can pass and play too.

Good squad member but for me he desperately needs upgrading if we are to thrive.
I don’t think he’s dire buddy at all. I think he lacks influence for sure, but he’s for me now our Saiss, cover across loads of positions

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This lad for grasshoppers could be our first signing

Back
Top Bottom