Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles and Sanderson are bang average.

MGW is just about average.

We have fell that far in the space of just a couple years, and are that desperate for a signing, we are making championship cloggers out to be world beaters.

For the love of god Jeff get your moth covered ****ing chequebook out ffs as people are losing their ****ing minds. Me included.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Lage but I hope he walks if Fosun ship players out and fail to replace them with similar or better because let's face it they do have form.
If it actually comes to that, I hope he goes with the style of play he wants, **** or bust.

If it falls flat he can turn around and say they should have backed him, then he gets his pay off too.

What I don’t want to see next season is the same squad playing the same turgid football 75% of the time anymore.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely does hold contempt for fans, he doesn't give a **** about us. He cares about the brand and Esports/ plastic fans abroad. Nothing else
He might well feel the venom of the Molineux Faithful unless he gets his finger out.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here's a thought...those links to Icardi last week, what if Mr Hobbs has gone over to Argentina to speak to him. Player maybe back home there...only a thought.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont have any depth in quality. It is a big issue and was in the final three months of last season and will be the same again next season in my opinion.
Our first 11 is a match for anyone on their day but the subs are by and large mediocre. We need impact players on the bench, players that can change a game.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reality hurts boys, but welcome to the continued self sustaining model.
In the best league in the world where we've finished in the top half more than the bottom in our recent time in it

Awful, just Awful....

Boo Fosun out!!

Some of us need to get a grip we really do!

Long gone are the days where we were the proclaimed big fish in the 2nd tier yet I feel some believe we really have more clout than we really do when attracting players in from abroad. We are no more attractive than Palace, Leicester, West ham, Brighton to a degree, certainly not Newcastle now, Leeds even, villa or Everton.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our first 11 is a match for anyone on their day but the subs are by and large mediocre. We need impact players on the bench, players that can change a game.
Our first XI is nowhere near good enough. WhoScored ranked 303 Premier League players last season. We had 3 - RAN, Adama and Ruben Neves - outfield players in the top 100. Moutinho and Coady were below half way. So was Jimenez. Donk and Hwang were ranked around 220.
Every objective metric you look at - Infogol, the scatter graphs on Ben Mayhew's site - suggests that our league position last season was far better than it should have been. Re-produce that level of performance and - if Sa has an average season - we will be relegated. And that's before you consider the squad is significantly weaker than it was at the end of the season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the best league in the world where we've finished in the top half more than the bottom in our recent time in it

Awful, just Awful....

Boo Fosun out!!

Long gone are the days where we were the proclaimed big fish in the 2nd tier yet I feel some believe we really have more clout than we really do when attracting players in from abroad. We are no more attractive than Palace, Leicester, West ham, Brighton to a degree, certainly not Newcastle now, Leeds even, villa or Everton.
Absolutely spot on.

Get your tin hat ready though mate.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our first XI is nowhere near good enough. WhoScored ranked 303 Premier League players last season. We had 3 - RAN, Adama and Ruben Neves - outfield players in the top 100. Moutinho and Coady were below half way. So was Jimenez. Donk and Hwang were ranked around 220.
Every objective metric you look at - Infogol, the scatter graphs on Ben Mayhew's site - suggests that our league position last season was far better than it should have been. Re-produce that level of performance and - if Sa has an average season - we will be relegated. And that's before you consider the squad is significantly weaker than it was at the end of the season.
We’re in trouble without 4/5 reinforcements that’s obvious

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite current appearances, we could still get this window bang on, and be back in the hunt for Europe next season. Alternatively, we could start the season the way we finished the last one, have a torrid season and end up back in the Championship, with Fosun, Mendes and the Portugese contingent running in the opposite direction as fast as they can.

Isn't it exciting!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite current appearances, we could still get this window bang on, and be back in the hunt for Europe next season. Alternatively, we could start the season the way we finished the last one, have a torrid season and end up back in the Championship, with Fosun, Mendes and the Portugese contingent running in the opposite direction as fast as they can.

Isn't it exciting!
That’s it summed up.

We below Europe by failing not to strengthen last season. This season could really struggle if we fail again.

3 or 4 key signings and it could be another European push, this time we could do it too.

The question is, and I’m being serious, if we finished 17th every season would that be enough for Fosun?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Isn't it exciting!
PL, championship, L1, L2.
Who cares, we will still be there.
I ****ing love it either way.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s it summed up.

We below Europe by failing not to strengthen last season. This season could really struggle if we fail again.

3 or 4 key signings and it could be another European push, this time we could do it too.

The question is, and I’m being serious, if we finished 17th every season would that be enough for Fosun?
No because that's not a stable investment. However, I think they'd be very happy with say 13th every season with minimal spend. That's the vibe you get at the moment anyway.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really I disagree with that . We have needed a CM for about 2 seasons and we have been lucky with Moutinho that he doesn't get injured often at his age.
Yeah, I agree we need a central midfielder, but one better than we have. There is a reason noone else us coming in for him. He ain't all that.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised we have not been linked with Florentino Luis since Lage arrived at Molineux. Centre midfielder who came to prominence under Lage at Benfica. Hasn't really pushed on from there and was on loan at Getafe last season.

Last edited:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Awful, just Awful....

Boo Fosun out!!

Did I say anything to the contrary?

No.

So off the soap box.

Back
Top Bottom