Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I am going to kill any internal optimism and just wait for the inevitable meltdown. It’s Sanches & Bottyman mk. 2.
Last year I went berserk out of frustration - this year I just feel a sad sense of apathy.

That's the perfect description for it - apathy. This club being a total shambles in the transfer market is just accepted now, it's the norm every single season.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Athletic this morning stating that any move for Nunes is unlikely, we’re not in for Palhinha anymore & he looks set to join Fulham & we want Enzo but we have no agreement, and he’ll likely join Benfica given the fact that they do.

View attachment 28505
View attachment 28506

Also stating Neves could stay though, which is positive
It was a difficult window

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A prime Ronaldo (either one) would struggle to score in this side.
While i agree, it's a bit of an exaggeration as players of that level would get the ball and make something happen themselves!

D

Deleted member sbk12944

While i agree, it's a bit of an exaggeration as players of that level would get the ball and make something happen themselves!
Would be difficult to do that whilst defending in your own half most of the time. Still relying on them to produce magic a few times a game every game.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased with that.

They don't really have a left wing-back so he should play every week and I think they'll be in the mix for promotion so worst case he will have a good value as part of a team going for the Prem.

Wilder also seems very good at getting the best out of wing-backs.

Makes up for the ridiculous decision to send him to Blackburn in January.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A prime Ronaldo (either one) would struggle to score in this side.

He'd struggle more than he would at Real Madrid, yes. But he'd still have managed at least 12 for us last season. At least. Goal scorers don't need goals handed to them on a plate. They do it by their own skill and vision and working alongside other forwards. Ours are either not good enough, injured , or both.

Haaland has scored 20 in 21 matches for Norway. Norway! Infamous for their well organised, dour football. If he can do that for Norway, he can score anywhere. And perhaps that fact of his goal scoring for Norway could put this myth to bed that our goal scorers are being let down by the rest.

We don't have goal scorers. We keep signing forwards who have no goal scoring record at this level, then blame Coady and Saiss for our lack of goal scoring - the guys who outscored our forwards!

So yes, Ronaldo/Lewendoski/Gerd Muller would score fewer for us than they would at some mega-club, they would still score a hell of a lot more than our current lot.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves had any ambition to improve they would have been identifying players over the last 12 months and tying up agreements around now.
It appears we are crashing a supermarket trolley down the aisles. I hope this is only an appearance.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves had any ambition to improve they would have been identifying players over the last 12 months and tying up agreements around now.
It appears we are crashing a supermarket trolley down the aisles. I hope this is only an appearance.
Deep down you know this is the norm for us.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Great move for Giles and very reassuring to see the club finally doing some proper planning ahead…………………….. for our imminent return to the championship.

Nah but seriously surely even the happiest of clappers are getting ****ed off with us seemingly doing f all in regards to incomings?

Also I know its a bit of a joke but I really do feel for Bruno, it doesn’t seem the board value his opinion whatsoever. He wanted everything done for pre season but we’re in a worse situation than we were end of last season!

Another role for Jeff Shi to take on?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%

The frightening thing is again 0 due diligence with agents to suss out who wants to come here or not before the summer.

Club are amateurish and an embarrassment when it comes to recruitment

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s worse, we are hanging around the back door of the supermarket for when they throw the out of date goods in the bin

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd struggle more than he would at Real Madrid, yes. But he'd still have managed at least 12 for us last season. At least. Goal scorers don't need goals handed to them on a plate. They do it by their own skill and vision and working alongside other forwards. Ours are either not good enough, injured , or both.

Haaland has scored 20 in 21 matches for Norway. Norway! Infamous for their well organised, dour football. If he can do that for Norway, he can score anywhere. And perhaps that fact of his goal scoring for Norway could put this myth to bed that our goal scorers are being let down by the rest.

We don't have goal scorers. We keep signing forwards who have no goal scoring record at this level, then blame Coady and Saiss for our lack of goal scoring - the guys who outscored our forwards!

So yes, Ronaldo/Lewendoski/Gerd Muller would score fewer for us than they would at some mega-club, they would still score a hell of a lot more than our current lot.
Fair points but I still maintain we don’t play in such a way that helps our forwards. All too often they are on their own as we rarely overload the opposition penalty box except at set pieces.

We have become a very negative one dimensional side which has always relied on one or two players for our goals. Very many of us frequently asked the question as to where our goals would come from if Raul got injured or lost form.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree the people involved are not up to it (see Traore deal) but I really wouldn't blame them for this entirely.

They don't help themselves by going for ridiculous targets but it's all about the money. We've been told constantly it's sell to buy and despite all the talk about what could happen, nothing has.

So, you can have all the plans, do all the research you want and identify whoever but if you don't have the money it won't happen.

I saw a quote on the Benfica forum (moaning about their own club) that summed it up, it was like 'everything was in place, then it came to paying the money'.

I think that's where we are. We've got owners who don't want to put a penny in.

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a little concern that Giles has gone on loan. Don't get me wrong I am sure its best for his development, but if we genuinely have no money we are seriously weaker as we have lost Marcel and Hoever, and Semedo is not likely to be 100% when the season starts.

Bolla may well be good cover on the right side, but we have no idea if he is up to the Prem, and although Bueno/Lembakisa look useful in the under 23's I would argue Giles would look like an absolute superstar in the under 23's.

To me Bueno looks a player further in his development than Lembakisa, who although a good prospect he is not that great positionally. He would get absolutely murdered in the Prem at full back.

I like Toti Gomes, I think he can play full back but I am not sure Mosquera is ready for the Prem. I have watched him in the U23's and he is prone to the odd lapse even at that level. He has the potential to be very good but he needs a loan in the Championship.

They really do need to start finding some players from somewhere in the next three or four weeks or we are going into the season considerably weaker than last season considering we need five subs - and that is saying something.

The do have time, and I can't believe they would let him leave if they don't have some sort of plan. It is not like we are that short of money we have to start saving wages at that level. Marcel, Sasis, Trincao, Ruddy and Hoever between them must have been on £150k a week (about £7.8m a year).

If we really was skint they wouldn't sending Giles out on loan and they wouldn't be looking to sell Ronan. I am not saying either is the answer at premier league level, but they would be spinning a line about giving our young players a chance, even if they were just bench warmers. Its interesting that does not appear to be happening.

What is the explanation?

- We have a load of cheap journeymen lined up on free's (a bit like Marcel)?
- We have found a few gems in the lower leagues that are worth a punt for £5m - £10m who are better than our kids?
- We really do have more money than we think and they have some future stars lined up
- There is no plan and they are all idiots?

I just don't believe they are idiots, there really must be a plan.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a little concern that Giles has gone on loan. Don't get me wrong I am sure its best for his development, but if we genuinely have no money we are seriously weaker as we have lost Marcel and Hoever, and Semedo is not likely to be 100% when the season starts.

Bolla may well be good cover on the right side, but we have no idea if he is up to the Prem, and although Bueno/Lembakisa look useful in the under 23's I would argue Giles would look like an absolute superstar in the under 23's.

To me Bueno looks a player further in his development than Lembakisa, who although a good prospect he is not that great positionally. He would get absolutely murdered in the Prem at full back.

I like Toti Gomes, I think he can play full back but I am not sure Mosquera is ready for the Prem. I have watched him in the U23's and he is prone to the odd lapse even at that level. He has the potential to be very good but he needs a loan in the Championship.

They really do need to start finding some players from somewhere in the next three or four weeks or we are going into the season considerably weaker than last season considering we need five subs - and that is saying something.

The do have time, and I can't believe they would let him leave if they don't have some sort of plan. It is not like we are that short of money we have to start saving wages at that level. Marcel, Sasis, Trincao, Ruddy and Hoever between them must have been on £150k a week (about £7.8m a year).

If we really was skint they wouldn't sending Giles out on loan and they wouldn't be looking to sell Ronan. I am not saying either is the answer at premier league level, but they would be spinning a line about giving our young players a chance, even if they were just bench warmers. Its interesting that does not appear to be happening.

What is the explanation?

- We have found a few gems in the lower leagues that are worth a punt for £5m - £10m who are better than our kids?
- We really do have more money than we think and they have some future stars lined up

Im guessing number 2 - we have some candidates for future stars, we will spend 3 * 5 to 10m on these players, they will be young and they will be announced without basically having a clue they were coming from journos

Last edited:

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What is the explanation?

Good points, well made. The alternative to this is that the club KNOW that these players will never be good enough for the PL (either ever, or at them moment) and have moved to get them off the wage bill to cut costs even more. Of course, it's not a great deal of saving, but every penny counts?

There's no way that this should be the approach we are taking as we are, even by most other clubs' standards exceedingly rich, but without any evidence to the contrary (given our last transfer windows), this would be the antithesis to your thesis.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m getting just a tad (actually a hell of a lot more than a tad) fed up atm with what’s going on at our great club.

Outgoing after outgoing (Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Hoever, Giles) and the squad getting smaller and smaller. Endless rumours, which could be totally groundless (Fernandez, Nunes, Palhinha, Barbosa etc). Neves supposed to be leaving, RAN interesting Man City and thousands of meaningless transfer postings on the Mix. Arsenal, Villa, Man City, West Ham, Liverpool, Southampton, Spurs, Leeds all active in the transfer market. Semedo going to miss the start of the season with injury, Moutinho not yet signed a contract, Traore saga and nothing confirmed about MGW.

Come on Jeff, Scott, Bruno, Matt and whoever else, ffs do something positive to cheer me up!!!!!

Moan over!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m getting just a tad (actually a hell of a lot more than a tad) fed up atm with what’s going on at our great club.

Outgoing after outgoing (Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Hoever, Giles) and the squad getting smaller and smaller. Endless rumours, which could be totally groundless (Fernandez, Nunes, Palhinha, Barbosa etc). Neves supposed to be leaving, RAN interesting Man City and thousands of meaningless transfer postings on the Mix. Arsenal, Villa, Man City, West Ham, Liverpool, Southampton, Spurs, Leeds all active in the transfer market. Semedo going to miss the start of the season with injury, Moutinho not yet signed a contract, Traore saga and nothing confirmed about MGW.

Come on Jeff, Scott, Bruno, Matt and whoever else, ffs do something positive to cheer me up!!!!!

Moan over!
I get the feeling that the moan isn't over, it's just on pause.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I dont get the point in loaning giles out again. Surely now was the time to cash in. Hes unlikely to ever get near our first team. Now was the time to get a few mil for him.
Maybe handy next year as he will have more championship experience.

dennison11

Reaction score
Great move for Giles and very reassuring to see the club finally doing some proper planning ahead…………………….. for our imminent return to the championship.

Nah but seriously surely even the happiest of clappers are getting ****ed off with us seemingly doing f all in regards to incomings?

Also I know its a bit of a joke but I really do feel for Bruno, it doesn’t seem the board value his opinion whatsoever. He wanted everything done for pre season but we’re in a worse situation than we were end of last season!

Another role for Jeff Shi to take on?
I'm a happy clapper most of the time and you're right, I am getting ****ed off. I'm more worried that we are going to go into the season no better off than at the end of last season

Back
Top Bottom