Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if you do it early or last second if the end result is the same and the player either stays where they are or go to more ambitious projects. Let’s face it the perception of us at the moment is there is no direction/money/project, compare that to 2018 we had momentum a clear view, ambition and a project that many outsiders thought was serious.

Spot on mate.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a load of loans returning plus some very talented under 23s so remarkably despite the concerns of some we actually have too many players and need to shift some out.

Bolla, Sanderson, Ronan, Hawabe, Jordao, MGW, Giles, Cutrone, Bonatini, Traore, Dadashov all back

We don't have too many players of Premier League quality though, lumping under 23's in and players on loan at Grasshoppers who will probably never play for us is disingenuous

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right. 17m for somebody who isn't going to join us now? No thanks.

As good as he may be we need someone now. Not as embarrassing as some make out, we simply need players now and not later.
In 2 minds with this.....
If this lad turns out to be an 80m player and we could have got him for around 25m, would've been the making of our club for 3 seasons. Plus we signed Dendonker and Neto, Kilman even, with no intention of playing them for a good 6 months. Yes he will have missed 15 games maybe? But would've featured in far more.

But like you say, we do need players to definitely improve our team ASAP.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Backed up by bolla and Giles it may seem followed by Lembiska and Bueno which I don’t mind tbf

Two of those players look like they are going back out on loan, according to reports. The other two promising but have never started a Premier League game.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RE that Athletic article, Moutinho being given a new contract so we don't sign a new midfielder is exactly the problem

It should be him signing a new deal and us getting another central midfield player but we appear happy to be the only club in the premier league with 3 senior central midfield players.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fernandez deal looks a bit **** really. You get the impression we were used by an agent to drum up interest and in the end, it is a good move for all parties involved, aside from us obviously.

That’s my take too. Wolves perhaps complicit in this too as a favour, although that would never of course be revealed. The more I think about that, the more I wonder how many times we may be used to move along deals we ourselves have no real interest in…

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I am going to kill any internal optimism and just wait for the inevitable meltdown. It’s Sanches & Bottyman mk. 2.
Last year I went berserk out of frustration - this year I just feel a sad sense of apathy.
Snap

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno and Lembikisa don't have a single senior appearance between them, and people think they will be ready for first team involvement? I like the look of both of them but they aren't ready

Exactly! Same with Cundle. Highly promising but Bruno hardly used him after January, even when Neves got injured. Lets face it. The squad as it stands is far too weak in a number of areas.

modenawolf

Reaction score
I agree @Tring, like quite a few others have said, if we're switching to a back four he looks exactly what we needed.

I think it's a big mistake to not sign him when we've finally had the chance.
I think the problem with Palhinha is that he got fed up waiting for the Neves situation to be resolved.

Unlike Sa & Rui Patricio, where the deal was lined up and concluded after a couple of months, this situation has dragged over at least a couple of transfer windows.

Now he gets the chance to reunite with his old boss and play regular Premier League football, I don't blame him.

But if he was to be our Neves replacement, I'd much rather keep Neves.

Still think we'll see Andre Almeida arrive before the season starts.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree. We have 3 better midfielders already, and it's not like our defence doesn't get any protection. He's a player we don't need right now.

Donck better than Palhinha? I am not sure about that. Also Moutinho still hasnt signed a new deal and speculation continues over Neves who has 2 years left on his deal.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Donck better than Palhinha? I am not sure about that. Also Moutinho still hasnt signed a new deal and speculation continues over Neves who has 2 years left on his deal.
Plus palinha wages been quoted at 40k a week, which is half what donk is on

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree. We have 3 better midfielders already, and it's not like our defence doesn't get any protection. He's a player we don't need right now.
Really I disagree with that . We have needed a CM for about 2 seasons and we have been lucky with Moutinho that he doesn't get injured often at his age.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha was coming as Neves replacement not to play with Neves. If Neves stays we don’t get Palhinha and neither would I think he would want to join us. In the recent internationals Neves and even Moutinho played in front of Palhinha and there is no guarantee that the situation would be any different at Wolves. In a World Cup year he’s not going to jeopardise his position by playing second fiddle. If Neves is staying the other midfielder needs to be like we have looked at Nunes, Enzo not Palhinha.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad it looks like we have missed the boat on him, but there is no way we have sent somebody to South America for just one player.
Yeah, Hobbs'll be jetting over to Rio next to be soundly rejected by Gabigol as well.

I hear after that, he's got a three day boat trip into the Peruvian jungle. Apparently, the Kakataibo tribe have a tasty playmaker...

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I don't agree. We have 3 better midfielders already

Whether or not Palhinha is better than the midfielders we have is one point but we still need additions to the squad to offer us different options for different tactics. If Moutinho doesn’t sign we have two senior midfielders and if he does sign in my humble opinion we shouldn’t be relying on him to be playing 90 minutes every game.

There’s also give subs allowed next season which at the moment I thiink we would struggle to fill with viable options.

There’s also the issue of apparently not being enough goals in the team and the back four issue which I think both need to be addressed.

Also there’s the time it takes to integrate new players into the squad and possibly prepare for a new style and formation.

Other than that all good and roll on the new season.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it's not like our defence doesn't get any protection.

Our defence needs 2x midfielders to protect them at all times with the inside forwards tracking back.

If signing a midfield anchor allows us to free up the side midfielder and the defensive responsibilities of the forwards then it'll help us play on the front foot.

Our defenders are honestly not very good.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst Palhinha is an excellent DM, I can't think when I'd start him over Neves or moutinho.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst Palhinha is an excellent DM, I can't think when I'd start him over Neves or moutinho.

And that's the problem, they shouldn't start together in a two. Neither of them have the mobility / are comfortable enough with the ball at their feet for the premier league's pace.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of this. Is it any wonder @bod101 and I lose patience? Its not compulsary to post on the thread. If there's a transfer story/link, great discuss it, but there are other threads for all the rest of the stuff. Don't put it on here.
Would it not make sense to have two concurrent threads, one dedicated to links and one dedicated to discussion? Or have threads for each potential signing like we used to? Trying to police one megathread is nigh-on impossible, and locking the last one just meant everyone on the forum went without for several hours.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me a striker is still priority over anything else and i really
hope thats how Shi and Sellars are thinking, or we will be in deep **** this coming season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is not a promising start from Mr Madeley. Tim wrote done excellent stat pieces and was awful at supposition. Madeley went right in with supposition.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's worse: moaning about transfers, moaning about people moaning about transfers or closing a thread because of people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about transfers?

Back
Top Bottom