Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be challenging Benfica. Ok they can offer European football but we can offer bigger wages and a chance to play in the biggest league in the world.

Dreaming is for free. But so is reality. People need to wake up and see just what we are at this point in time.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now that it seems more likely we are keeping neves
Can't see Gabigol being a serious target, his last time in Europe didn't work out well and I think the club would judge him to be to high a risk given the limited funds available
Think its infair to judge his last stint in europe as a barometer for the player he is now. He was 19 at the time. Hes now scored something like 40 in 70 games. He clearly can demonstrate the attributes to be a goalscorer now. Key for me is if wolves think they can manage his character.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is, this ****ing self sustainable model. It’s what’s ruining our development as a football team because we’re relying on our players to be sold for big profit to help fund the development of the team.

But it’s not as easy as that as we’ve seen with Ruben so far this window. So now we’re in the position where we have to just accept that the midfield will be no different to the last previous 4 seasons because ‘we need to be self sustainable”. It’s total *******s.

The mindset of the board is all wrong. They’re thinking about the financial structure before thinking about the transfer strategy so it’s basically defining what our strategy should be which is the total wrong way of doing it and could end us in serious serious trouble.
But that’s exactly it. Jeff has acknowledged in as many words (‘not on the same page’ etc) that the strategy of Fosun doesn’t align with that of the fans.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? No offence but it isn't 1995, this is a multi-million dollar club owned by a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. I would be disappointed if Jeff Shi didn't have a team of people ready to go negotiate and make things happen with people prepared to fly across Europe, or even to SA and Asia to get things done. You bet the "big clubs" do this.
the whole club is set up on quite a small time basis. thats why shi has loads of roles. the calibre of the backroom team is low too

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
There are at least four or five threads talking about how we run the club, how we are self sustaining etc etc.

Please carry those conversations on there to your heart's delight.

On here stick with transfers, if there are no transfers then don't post on this thread. Really simple.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see Gabigol being a serious target, his last time in Europe didn't work out well and I think the club would judge him to be to high a risk given the limited funds available
I’d be absolutely stunned if we signed Gabigol. Saw it suggested that Flamengo want £30 million. Can’t see that happening at all. Nor us getting Nunes tbqh

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be challenging Benfica. Ok they can offer European football but we can offer bigger wages and a chance to play in the biggest league in the world.
Yep, there’s no reason why we can’t be going for the same sort of players they are.

There’s also absolutely no disgrace in a player from South America deciding to go to Portugal which is a well trodden path either, as long as it’s simply down to his preference and not us not doing enough to make the transfer happen.

Both of those things can be true at the same time.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do my posts not go on the forum. Always moderator approval. How long does this last for as no point been on a forum you can't post on lol

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Athletic this morning stating that any move for Nunes is unlikely, we’re not in for Palhinha anymore & he looks set to join Fulham & we want Enzo but we have no agreement, and he’ll likely join Benfica given the fact that they do.

D77EEE0F-82A2-42B5-A6DE-4BE9742E0A94.jpeg
5AA50873-5796-4285-98AA-6AA40576B050.jpeg

Also stating Neves could stay though, which is positive

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Athletic this morning stating that any move for Nunes is unlikely, we’re not in for Palhinha anymore & he looks set to join Fulham & we want Enzo but we have no agreement, and he’ll likely join Benfica given the fact that they do.

View attachment 28505
View attachment 28506

Rather depressing for the club (if accurate).

L78

Reaction score
Bigger league but we are are not a big club to these players

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So Hoover has gone out on loan - no purchase option. Serious question, will we have enough players (1st team squad) for when pre season training starts soon?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 28505
View attachment 28506

Bah.
At least I'm not surprised anymore. Neves staying would be fantastic but we need to do something new in midfield.

Is that from Steve Madeley? Yet to see how connected he is so this would be a good litmus test

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Hoover has gone out on loan - no purchase option. Serious question, will we have enough players (1st team squad) for when pre season training starts soon?
Yes, because Traora, Bonatini and Cutrone are back:p

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 28505
View attachment 28506

Reality hurts boys, but welcome to the continued self sustaining model.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s a load of loans returning plus some very talented under 23s so remarkably despite the concerns of some we actually have too many players and need to shift some out.

Bolla, Sanderson, Ronan, Hawabe, Jordao, MGW, Giles, Cutrone, Bonatini, Traore, Dadashov all back

D

Deleted member sbk12944

No chance for when pre season training starts the internationals will also still be away so the 1st team training will consist of under 23s plus a smattering of 1st team players

Sarkic
Moulden
Somdergaard
Jonny
Lembikisa
Marques
Mosquera
Toti
Sanderson
Bueno
Giles
Cundle
Perry
Ronan
Chiquinho
Traore
Neto
Podence
Campbell
Corbeanu
Cutrone
Dadashov
Bonatini

Everyone else is either injured or international duty/holiday
*may have missed some.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
There are at least four or five threads talking about how we run the club, how we are self sustaining etc etc.

Please carry those conversations on there to your heart's delight.

On here stick with transfers, if there are no transfers then don't post on this thread. Really simple.
Try putting it in English next time @bod101 ...

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This enzo nonsense…..Why are we shopping in Harrods with a bag of lose change and few old buttons. What’s the point of even going for these players from top clubs who have options like Milan and benfica etc? Or is that the tactic so Jeff can make it look like he tried but ultimately failed again.

We have no European football to offer. We have no ‘project’ to sell. We have a useless drip for a manager. We have no style of play. We have our best player in the shop window. We have hardly any first team players. We have an old ageing stadium. We are a club most foreigners (probably) have never have heard of. We are located in the former industrial heartlands not some vibrant trendy cosmopolitan metropolis.

When you can only afford to shop in Lidl. Shop in ****ing Lidl. There are some bargains to be found for sure. Don’t waste you time on a trip to Knightsbridge to ask the shop assistant if they will sell you a Tiffany tiara and matching diamond necklace for three pounds ****ing fifty cos you want it for your daughters school disco run by DJ Dave down the local WMC.

I do understand the shopping in Lidl analogy.

Its a bit like me going to Milan fashion week and asking if all the super models want a good session - I know 99.999% are out of my league, but all it takes is one with daddy issues and a fat bloke fetish and we are cooking on gas :)

If you don't ask you don't get. I like it that Jeff tries to punch above our weight - imagine finding a 20 year old Zedan or the next Ruban Neves. It's the only way to bridge the financial gap.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope we're not building up to Neves staying, us signing a couple of fringe players and declaring it a great window because we kept Neves.

The Palhinha thing makes no sense either. We want Nunes, but won't pay his price and he doesn't want to come here. We want Enzo, we can pay his price but he doesn't want to come here but we're no longer interested in Palhinha, who is the cheapest of the lot and would actually want to come here? Ridiculous.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No chance for when pre season training starts the internationals will also still be away so the 1st team training will consist of under 23s plus a smattering of 1st team players

Sarkic
Moulden
Somdergaard
Jonny
Lembikisa
Marques
Mosquera
Toti
Sanderson
Bueno
Giles
Cundle
Perry
Ronan
Chiquinho
Traore
Neto
Podence
Campbell
Corbeanu
Cutrone
Dadashov
Bonatini

Everyone else is either injured or international duty/holiday
*may have missed some.
Looks loads when listed

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that what our current management don't understand is that the perception out there in the market and among players who of course talk to each other and agents is that Wolves are on the back foot. Any intention of breaking into the top six has evaporated so how on earth do they expect to attract top players better than what we have?

The collapse to 10th and the failure to improve the squad in past windows sends out a clear message. Now the club seemingly have their hands tied unless our best player Neves is sold for £60m plus. If he isn't? Until then they are clearly unable to do very little hard business indeed. The Traore loan was a failure and now he is worth much less. Hoever a key makeweight in the disastrous Jota deal is already being put out to pasture. Young starlets from South America are supposedly the direction of travel and supposedly we will develop and sell them on at a large profit. Mosquera? Apart from his almost immediate serious injury has hardly shone bright yet. Every other major club is scouting big in South America too.

The faffing around on Palinha and his apparaent imminent move to the giant club that is Fulham sum up what looks right now as a growing ineptitude. Hope I am wrong of course. But I think it is wishful thinking that a player such as Nunes is going to join a club with such minimal ambition and prospects as things stand.

Perhaps Jeff, Sellars and co will turn it all round in the next month. But they ****ed up in the last transfer window when an injection of a striker for instance could have seen us snatch 7th and perhaps sixth place. Then we would have been so much more attractive to players this summer.

Fosun are taking a big risk here. If they settle for mid table anonymity the time will come when there will be a serious dip and the bottom six looms into view. Jeff needs to start making some far more positive signals to the supporters and football world in general to change current perceptions. For now I will be amazed if the kind of quality player we need is prepared to join us. If Moutinho, Traore, Neves and one or two others leave and we are struggling in the marketplace, next season could be very uncomfortable indeed. For now there are too many negative headlines around re our failed efforts and that creates such a negative impression even this early in the Window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom