Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard we have special dispensation for our transfer window to close on 1st April.
So we can take the **** out of legacy fans even more

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why did Bruno make his public statement about wanting all his signings in place before pre-season training (or whatever it is he actually said)?

I don't think there even was a "public statement", it was a comment in his Ask Wolves video that he wanted 4 or 5 weeks to work with new players.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. I can’t believe the amount of posters who are burying their head in the sand regarding the end to the season we had like we can just press a reset button and start all over again.

15 games isn’t form, it’s a new normal (sorry) and needs addressing because otherwise we will be in deep trouble next season if that form carries on - mentality through the squad needs shaking up and freshening up.

The last 15 games of the 2020/21 season:

Leeds were 7th, then very nearly got relegated this year
Man Utd were 4th (and just 1 point off 2nd) and then were a terrible for them 6th this year
Southampton were in the relegation zone, then stayed up comfortably this year
Arsenal were 2nd, then dropped to 5th this year

It really doesn't follow that teams continue the performance, even from as long a period of 15 games, which incidentally I presume has been chosen as the cut-off because it's the one that paints us in the worst light, rather than any other reason?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours hopefully to pick up by end of the week, i think it was touted that renan's agent was in the uk to discuss with wolves.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is a tad odd that nothing on Moutinho contract though as doesn't it expire in a day or something or am I wrong ?

I know that is not transfer related but someone find something that is on Wolves at the moment or the past 4 ****ing weeks

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Connor Roberts been mentioned yet, and what's the hate to love ratio looking like for him?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just saying. No one has any idea of what work is going on in the back ground yet are wetting themselves cos no one has signed yet 16 odd other clubs haven't done anything really yet either.

Just because our form was poor doesn't mean that speeds up transfers/players ability to see what offers come in/go on holiday etc etc hahaha

So yes, I'm being realistic and at this point in time it's sad that some are slitting wrists when it's still bloody June!!! I'll be with you having a moan of some description come August if we've done nothing and sold a few more players yes! But right now nothing has really happened but we have weeks yet
On the above. I've a little insight that is enough to square one thing, they're ****ing in the dark.

Again, how is it realism to have an awful end to the season as we did, and not to be proactive? That's poor planning and management.

Its like driving around on a flat tyre for a few months, crashing, and then wondering why it happened.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the above. I've a little insight that is enough to square one thing, they're ****ing in the dark.

Again, how is it realism to have an awful end to the season as we did, and not to be proactive? That's poor planning and management.

Its like driving around on a flat tyre for a few months, crashing, and then wondering why it happened.
Similarly jumping right in after a downward trend could be seen as reactive, rather than analysing the issues and addressing it properly.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Similarly jumping right in after a downward trend could be seen as reactive, rather than analysing the issues and addressing it properly.
Usually I'd agree but these are prolonged issues, our second half of the season should have had the alarm bells ringing once that final whistle was blown, perhaps sooner, there's a distinct lack of planning and I think it would be fair to say the eyes have been taken off the ball football wise (not a stick to beat Jeff with but view his talks on esports over football matters.

There's an air of compliancy that has crept in. This is football, that only ends up one way and I think we both know of enough examples.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I am sick of the **** transfer windows, I am also sick of these type of posts too. We have had all these reassuring condescending types of posts, window after window, after window, after window, after window.

We start pre season with an utter **** squad that our manager stated time and time again needed addressing. He wanted his squad ready for preseason. He has a worse squad. On top of that - No clarity on Neves. No clarity on Moutinho. No clarity on Traore. No clarity on MGW. It is an endless **** show.

It is a ****ing **** show.

Funny how they didn't leave the season ticket renewal until the day after the transfer window, wonder how many would have renewed quite this soon or would we have also dithered much like the club have window, after window?

Sorry, it appears I am pant wetting.
I’ll pick up on the players mentioned, what clarity can they give? They said Moutinho had been offered a contract, do you expect them to come out and say we’re waiting on him to decide if he has better offers. What can they add about neves? “We’d love him to stay but he’s waiting on better offers?

No club gives updates on players, it wouldn’t make sense to do it.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, I couldn't give a **** what other clubs have done transfer wise,
That’s fair enough, but then why do we also have to hear how X have signed these players already and we’ve done nothing from some posters?

I’d really like to see some players signed ASAP, I’m sure everyone would but **** me this place is depressing at the moment.

Football’s supposed to be an escape, I come off here and go searching for news about the cost of living crisis just to find something that’s less negative to read!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every top club in Europe has an eSports team these days it seems. But I guess you'd argue that only Fosun are doing it to so they can siphon cash away from the club? Why are the rest doing it?

If we want to compete with the best we need to compete commercially too.

It's a pity you don't understand that.
I didnt say they would siphon cash out. I said any cash wouldnt come to wolves. And it wont. If e sports takes off it will probably need investment. If its profitable its profits will go to fosun. I think its really unlikely it will be financing football. So, pal, you dont understand

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If our management team are not aware of the problems after the last 2 years then they need to give up. No pace in midfield to support the strikers, over reliance on bodies in defence rather than having quality defenders in there in the first place, with a midfield that has to sit back so deep to protect the defence.

We as fans all know 2 quality signings as a minimum, 1 in defence and 1 in midfield would give us at least a chance of playing better football and score more goals, rather than a playing style reminiscent of the hoddle era.

The rest is fingers crossed time im afraid that the forwards can be more prolific with a midfield that offers better support. It concerns me when i see we were linked to the likes of guedes, minamino et al when the central spine is in dire need of refreshing and should be the priority to sort out first. They can do their wheeling and dealing later for the next generational talent from brazil or portugal, get a midfielder and defender in now so they have all of pre season to get used to the players, managers and system.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Connor Roberts been mentioned yet, and what's the hate to love ratio looking like for him?

He won’t get people excited. He needs a move to some ****e Portuguese club we had never heard of 5 years ago, play in that pub equivalent league for a season, get a tan, drop one of his names and add an ‘inho’ to the other, eg coninho or robertnho, get an agent to put together a 20 second YouTube clip of his best bits also playing against some other ****e Portuguese clubs we have still never heard of….

Only then will we get excited and demand to pay aforementioned ****e Portuguese club 30m for his services.

Edit: I forgot to add the “with mendes taking a 30% cut” part

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually I'd agree but these are prolonged issues, our second half of the season should have had the alarm bells ringing once that final whistle was blown, perhaps sooner, there's a distinct lack of planning and I think it would be fair to say the eyes have been taken off the ball football wise (not a stick to beat Jeff with but view his talks on esports over football matters.

There's an air of compliancy that has crept in. This is football, that only ends up one way and I think we both know of enough examples.
Completely agree there’s a lack of planning involved, or so it seems!

D

Deleted member sbk12944

He won’t get people excited. He needs a move to some ****e Portuguese club we had never heard of 5 years ago, play in that pub equivalent league for a season, get a tan, drop one of his names and add an ‘inho’ to the other, eg coninho or robertnho, get an agent to put together a 20 second YouTube clip of his best bits also playing against some other ****e Portuguese clubs we have still never heard of….

Only then will we get excited and demand to pay aforementioned ****e Portuguese club 30m for his services.

Edit: I forgot to add the “with mendes taking a 30% cut” part
Go on Burnleys forum to see what they think of Roberts, its not exactly glowing and that is being kind, Collins on the other hand does get glowing reports.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go on Burnleys forum to see what they think of Roberts, its not exactly glowing and that is being kind, Collins on the other hand does get glowing reports.

One would be a back up and available for under a 3rd of the price of the other

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you've based your expectations on a Daily Mail article in which Jeff Shi says its a long term aim to match the best in the world, and you're now disappointed this hasn't happened in a four year time frame?

My suggestion would be to not read the Daily Mail and you might have a much less stressful life!

No. I’m responding to a couple of posts questioning when Jeff made a forecast that we would be competing in the CL, specifically in the next 4-5 years. The fact is that he made this claim in a widely reported interview 4 years ago, and so we’re now six years from the timeframe he described. Is that clear enough? I did explain this before, but you didn’t bother to read back or chose to ignore it so you could have your childish pop.

I don’t read the Daily Mail, it was just one of the outlets which reported Jeff’s interview four year ago. I suggest you try reading back through the thread before you bring out the sarcasm.

T

TheConcourse

That is small but depends on the game. I still don't know how you're going to get people from watching esports to watching wolves.
You aren’t. That’s not the intention. Data sells. New partners through the football club will be able to use that data to reach different audiences.

Additional revenue streams will no doubt be created through in-game purchases and merch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The day I am trawling burnleys forum to find out what they think of their players someone please slap me hard across the face and tell me to get a life

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Palace closing in on Doucoure signing​

Crystal Palace are close to sealing the signing of Lens midfielder Cheick Doucoure, according to the Daily Mail.
Palace were rebuffed on their £14.5m opening bid last week but have upped their offer to meet Lens' valuation and are now closing in on their target.
The 22-year-old Mali international missed just four Ligue 1 matches last term, helping Les Sang et Or to a second successive seventh-place finish.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are in my blood, and yet I find myself strangely ambivalent about what's going on (or not going on).

The posters who are saying that there is still plenty of time are obviously right, there is. It may yet be the summer we need to kick on again. Challenging the top six, FA Cup semi final, Europe, it's all been fantastic and we'd all love it to be back on the agenda again.

I think it's more likely that we won't get what we need. I'm not convinced that Fosun have either the ability or the will to pull it off. And I'm not sure they understand this league, the fact that anyone below that top six could go down, and probably will at some point. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get any better than this, and I can genuinely see relegation in the near future.

Whether or not Fosun are looking to sell now, they surely would then. And to be honest that wouldn't bother me, especially given the way global politics have impacted on football clubs this year. Maybe we'd go again with new owners, maybe we'd be back stagnating in the wilderness. Been there, done that, will do it again if necessary. I'd miss the good times, of course I would, I wouldn't miss all the other crap that comes with modern top flight football.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

26 year old Welsh international that can play in both fullback positions or at right wing-back. Most Burnley fans say he's a liability in a back 4, but very good going forward as a wingback.

He's basically a Welsh Matt Doherty.

Would be a very good squad player in my opinion. Less potential, but certainly a more solid option now than Hoever.

If we can get him for around £5-8m it's a decent signing. But I'd be disappointed if we paid more than £10m for him, as we need to spend that money elsewhere. I'd imagine Burnley would want £10m+.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My dad is an avid Burnley supporter who watches all their games either on telly or by traveling over quite often.
His verdict when I told him about the rumour: "Roberts? He's okay but I don't know why any PL club would pay money for him. Very average"

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the hysteria on here the only two premier league signings yesterday were two back up goalkeepers

I don't really care other teams do. I do care that we only have 2 senior midfielders and 2 senior wingback, as well as other areas that could do with strengthening.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt say they would siphon cash out. I said any cash wouldnt come to wolves. And it wont. If e sports takes off it will probably need investment. If its profitable its profits will go to fosun. I think its really unlikely it will be financing football. So, pal, you dont understand

Jeff frequently talks about esports as being done to help Wolves, he doesn't just talk about it because it's what the crowd want to hear... pal?

“We need to do things slightly differently from them in order to catch them, which is why fans are hearing quite a lot about Wolves Records, hearing a lot about Wolves esports, about Wolves fashion,” he adds.

“These are the ways in which we are trying to be different, so when we can talk to potential commercial partners, we’ve got a different story to the likes of Leeds, Newcastle and Southampton — and it is starting to reap real benefits for us.”

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really care other teams do.

I've seen people say things like this so many times recently, and it just comes across as being intentionally stupid.

How can you hope to have a well informed view of Wolves, if you don't know what other teams are doing to compare to? No wonder you're so angry, when you don't realise how few major transfers have occurred, outside of Liverpool, City and Villa.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll pick up on the players mentioned, what clarity can they give? They said Moutinho had been offered a contract, do you expect them to come out and say we’re waiting on him to decide if he has better offers. What can they add about neves? “We’d love him to stay but he’s waiting on better offers?

No club gives updates on players, it wouldn’t make sense to do it.
No I am expecting decisive moves on them.
Can we really have faith in them to do this?
We only need to take one look at the Traore situation for one example. Once valued and probably could have got £40m minimum, now we are looking at £10-15m if we are lucky. There doesnt appear to be anyone at the club who has a tight grip on making actual footballing decisions.

The "yeah but nobody does anything at this stage" argument weighs thin on me too, which I always hear at this stage. I dont care about what other clubs are or arent doing. It is what we should be doing and our squad desperately needs depth and new blood. I wouldn't mind so much, but this is literally the 4th or 5th (ive ran out of counting to be quite honest..) of the same amateurish leadership.

We really have missed a massive opportunity, to build on the fantastic work we did in 2017 and summer 2018, window after window. All it would have taken is one key addition per window, but they have failed.

I mean centre half for crying out loud. How many windows have passed us by without signing a good centre back now?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You aren’t. That’s not the intention. Data sells. New partners through the football club will be able to use that data to reach different audiences.

Additional revenue streams will no doubt be created through in-game purchases and merch.
Care to expand on the 'new revenue streams' claim because I really struggle to see how a kid watching two other kids playing fifa is going to make the football club any money.

If he suddenly decides he wants a handset with the Wolves logo on or a beanie hat then he buys it online from Fosun and then what? The money is transferred to us?

Honestly, why would Fosun do this and how much do you think we are going to get?

Back
Top Bottom