Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's some Wolves eSports stream live right now so I checked it out - 28k viewers. I don't know how many viewers these streams typically get, but 28k doesn't seem like a big number. Especially if "many people in Asia" are avid Wolves eSports fans like is being claimed.

That is small but depends on the game. I still don't know how you're going to get people from watching esports to watching wolves.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Because it’s Friday? Your’e in the know? Its 1st July and transfers can only happen from that date? Your’e going on holiday? Players are coming back from holiday? You go Friday night shopping? Your having an Amazon delivery but it will take take that long as you are tight and don’t pay for quicker delivery or Prime? What, what….. genuinely excited…. Tell us, feed us a positive morsel.
Keep up Mike. Hwang signs permanently on Friday.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points. What about the extremes?
There are extremes of positivity and negativity on here.

I think with the significant drop
Off from feb to the end of the season and the fact some clubs will be spending alot more than us without selling first is making people very nervous.

And as wolves fans, we all know if a club historically can fall from grace in a significant way it can be and has been is a few times. From the destruction caused by the bhattis to being the first double drop in premiership era, the season we blew automatic for West Brom to steal it from us.

I can see exactly why people feel like they do! As from the heights of a few years ago, to the last two seasons and the odd spending so much on semedo when a quality left back for the prem doesn’t need to cost as much as he did let alone £35m on silva (too much up
Front, but I think he will come good) and poor windows over the last two years and screwing up the loan agreement on salary and end of loan sale lf adama.

It isn’t hard to see why some people feel exactly why they do.

All opinions are valid to me and for what it’s worth I think the overly positive opinions where fosun can do no wrong and well they are trying aren’t helpful. As we know the club look on here and will gravitate to those and go “what are those other loonies going on about”

The club must know if they don’t up the transfer business in a season or two we are going to be in trouble and their precious brand and transient (they support a team while an icon is there) fans will disappear and they are left with a significant issue to explain to their bosses….

R

reanswolf

Fair points. What about the extremes?
Problem is there are a lot of fans, most of whom are pretty disillusioned having paid out good money, expecting to see some expenditure at least. When a lot of people are grumbling, its going to seem that the place is drowning in negativity, but people might not be individually moaning that much (but I know a few are more persistent).

But its deeply worrying to me, its really hard to turn a football club around once decline starts. We are already seeing players very reluctant to come here, 3 years ago we would have been more attractive - a progressive club with ambition, now we must look like a club stuck in a rut going nowhere with little ambition. We barely get mentioned on Sky (not that that is some acid test), but it shows how insignificant we have become.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it’s Friday? Your’e in the know? Its 1st July and transfers can only happen from that date? Your’e going on holiday? Players are coming back from holiday? You go Friday night shopping? Your having an Amazon delivery but it will take take that long as you are tight and don’t pay for quicker delivery or Prime? What, what….. genuinely excited…. Tell us, feed us a positive morsel.
I don’t know anything but I have a feeling something will happen for us :)

Happy Hwang day ay it

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
This is an absolute sellars/Shi masterclass.
Slap 100 million price tag on Neves, wait for every other club in Europe to fill the CDM roles and then announce Neves 3 year extension as our marquee signing with a lovely video with Neves pointing to the wolf head on his shirt.
The 100 Million valuation came from Lage in a press conference, I think Lage was very clever with that comment, I would bet he had guessed that he wasn’t going to get backed in the Transfer Market and didn’t want to loose Neves, so by quoting the 100 million figure he was hoping it would scare of any bidders and from what we reading no one seems to have come in for him

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the ones who need/want to improve have…..

People need to realise, we were relegation form at the tail end of the season and improvements should have been made already!

From lads I know in the prem and championshipplayers discuss moves long before the season finishes so this *******s that gets spouted on here about holidays and internationals being the reason is crap!

Our recruitment team and their process is totally not fit for purpose!
And Brentford for champions league form, does that mean they're not needing to buy anyone........

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This keeps getting said, but be realistic, most teams didn't finish the way we did and need the quantity (yes, quantity) of players we currently do.
I'm just saying. No one has any idea of what work is going on in the back ground yet are wetting themselves cos no one has signed yet 16 odd other clubs haven't done anything really yet either.

Just because our form was poor doesn't mean that speeds up transfers/players ability to see what offers come in/go on holiday etc etc hahaha

So yes, I'm being realistic and at this point in time it's sad that some are slitting wrists when it's still bloody June!!! I'll be with you having a moan of some description come August if we've done nothing and sold a few more players yes! But right now nothing has really happened but we have weeks yet

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could well be being naive, I'm no expert on these things...are you?

Even if you're right, some "merch" is better than none, right?

Surely you agree that getting us known to new audiences is a good thing!?
I don't think it'll make any difference

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, we haven't yet just like more than a dozen clubs haven't yet we're in crisis cos of that apparently :)
And maybe the fact that we are already 4 squad members, one of who was a regular starter down from an already small squad, may not be a crisis but its hardly ideal.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, not at all. It follows on from your post # 1597 and it’s germane to the discussion.
If you read back and judge my posts in context, you’ll see they make sense.

Basically, some posters are saying that Wolves wouldn’t give any revenue from esports to the club growth and transfers etc.
Why they have this conviction is really hard to fathom as there is no evidence that Jeff has or will do that…….so why do they believe he would? Crazy.

But what I and you were getting at is Wolves can do whatever they want from any of their revenues…..it’s THEIR money. I agree with you.

lol…..they could give Villa £20 m just for fun……lol……or buy cocaine…..or a mansion for Doris the tea lady…lol.
I don't think it's that hard to fathom.

If wolves FC owned the eSports stuff then it would be obvious where any profits go, but wolves don't own the eSports stuff - fosun sports group do.

When you look through the lens of Fosun being an investment company, looking for a return. Why would one subsidiary given profits to another?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's that hard to fathom.

If wolves FC owned the eSports stuff then it would be obvious where any profits go, but wolves don't own the eSports stuff - fosun sports group do.

When you look through the lens of Fosun being an investment company, looking for a return. Why would one subsidiary given profits to another?
And how does that tie in with Chinese government preventing companies investing in the west? If they can’t invest now why would they suddenly be giving us money from their sports division?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The article is from 2018, so 2028. A little over 5 years from now.

So you've based your expectations on a Daily Mail article in which Jeff Shi says its a long term aim to match the best in the world, and you're now disappointed this hasn't happened in a four year time frame?

My suggestion would be to not read the Daily Mail and you might have a much less stressful life!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
really cant believe we havent signed anyone or renewed anyone !!

every morning i wake up with hope,,,,only to read west ham want at least 6 and newcastle have got botman,,,i wonder what joy i shall wake up to tomorrow !! :eek:

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
There's not much in the way of sustainable continuous profit to be made from e-sports competition. What it is however is something that is continuous in viewership.

This provides money in input from advertising, sponsorship, merchandising.

All of this rests I imagine on the licensing of the wolf head brand logo. The costs to licence of which would likely go to wolves FC. Unless someone has other information on a separation of ownership of the brand and the team, this is the best explanation I can think of for how it could boost revenue.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As some of the more steady eddy's have said transfer activity really begins on the 1st July when the transfer window opens in Europe. If you want decent European players it all starts in July. No amount of spaffing up all the vitriol will make it happen any quicker.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
As some of the more steady eddy's have said transfer activity really begins on the 1st July when the transfer window opens in Europe. If you want decent European players it all starts in July. No amount of spaffing up all the vitriol will make it happen any quicker.
Can’t wait to spaff my load up everywhere.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly clear that when Fosun arrived they had designs on getting to the top but it is also clear that they have back tracked on that now and won't be around to see the project to its end.

Also, I couldn't give a **** what other clubs have done transfer wise, some of them don't have only three serviceable midfielders, strikers that couldn't hit a barn door and a defence built around a converted midfielder.
When you put it like that, it doesnt sound that desperate

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great so only a few more days to wait until we see our targets join other clubs

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read last few pages and interesting to see a few positive posts saying plenty of time to sort things. I was saying exactly that this time last year. I accepted the decision not to sign Vitinha on the presumption we’d bring in a different CM. The evidence of last summer and the January window is that those in charge really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. They got lucky with Sa and a freak situation where after the first three games we never once got less points than our performances deserved, but frequently got more. By the end of the season we couldn’t even beat a Norwich team that had been walloped in their previous three games. We were in free fall but now despite losing players and bringing in nobody I’m assured by a number of deluded posters that we will be fine and back to challenging for a European place. Wake up and smell the coffee, we aren’t even standing still, we’re sleep walking into a relegation battle as Jeff Shi seems oblivious to the lessons of history. Perhaps he should take a look where local rivals WBA and Stoke are now despite looking “safe mid-table PL teams”.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I used to be in the 'have faith' team, but it really does fly in the face of the facts now.

Every window is
1. The window hasn't even opened yet
2. The season hasn't started yet.
3. The window hasn't closed yet.
4. It was a very difficult window, the money was there, we did our best, but the players didn't want to come. We're happy with the squad we have.

I don't know how many times in a row that has to happen before some people see the pattern.

Cue 5 amazing signings today (please God).

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Best tell Hobbs to cancel that Iguazu Falls excursion and get his **** back here then

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are extremes of positivity and negativity on here.

I think with the significant drop
Off from feb to the end of the season and the fact some clubs will be spending alot more than us without selling first is making people very nervous.

And as wolves fans, we all know if a club historically can fall from grace in a significant way it can be and has been is a few times. From the destruction caused by the bhattis to being the first double drop in premiership era, the season we blew automatic for West Brom to steal it from us.

I can see exactly why people feel like they do! As from the heights of a few years ago, to the last two seasons and the odd spending so much on semedo when a quality left back for the prem doesn’t need to cost as much as he did let alone £35m on silva (too much up
Front, but I think he will come good) and poor windows over the last two years and screwing up the loan agreement on salary and end of loan sale lf adama.

It isn’t hard to see why some people feel exactly why they do.

All opinions are valid to me and for what it’s worth I think the overly positive opinions where fosun can do no wrong and well they are trying aren’t helpful. As we know the club look on here and will gravitate to those and go “what are those other loonies going on about”

The club must know if they don’t up the transfer business in a season or two we are going to be in trouble and their precious brand and transient (they support a team while an icon is there) fans will disappear and they are left with a significant issue to explain to their bosses….
I’ve got no issue with people being worried, concerned, angry etc.
I get that.
I do have issue with the double standards, incessant negativity when in essence it’s not even July yet (case in point Lage says he wants his transfer business done by now, never ever ever going to happen ever, he’s naive at best, yet the club gets pelters!!) and the repetition of the same thing by the same people.
We know how “you” (they) feel without repeating every time. You wouldn’t do it in the pub so don’t do it on here.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is there are a lot of fans, most of whom are pretty disillusioned having paid out good money, expecting to see some expenditure at least. When a lot of people are grumbling, its going to seem that the place is drowning in negativity, but people might not be individually moaning that much (but I know a few are more persistent).

But its deeply worrying to me, its really hard to turn a football club around once decline starts. We are already seeing players very reluctant to come here, 3 years ago we would have been more attractive - a progressive club with ambition, now we must look like a club stuck in a rut going nowhere with little ambition. We barely get mentioned on Sky (not that that is some acid test), but it shows how insignificant we have become.
Yep fair points and I share the worry mate. I’m amazed at fosun truth be told based on the last few windows but mainly because we aren’t ran well in terms of our communication. Lage says something and it gets pounced upon, eg the completing of transfers by now, which is impossible.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why did Bruno make his public statement about wanting all his signings in place before pre-season training (or whatever it is he actually said)?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positivity and positive supporting is acknowledged in study as not being achieved by accepting mediocrity or bad performance because it is the right thing to do.

To only see the positives and ignore the negatives and concerns of others is actually proven to be detrimental and hindering of growth and performance improvements.

You don’t go forward without a group collective sharing positive and negative opinions.

So people need to stop attacking each other or putting opinions down because it doesn’t match their view of “what makes a good fan”
But to not see any positives and only see the negatives just does everyone's head in.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got no issue with people being worried, concerned, angry etc.
I get that.
I do have issue with the double standards, incessant negativity when in essence it’s not even July yet (case in point Lage says he wants his transfer business done by now, never ever ever going to happen ever, he’s naive at best, yet the club gets pelters!!) and the repetition of the same thing by the same people.
We know how “you” (they) feel without repeating every time. You wouldn’t do it in the pub so don’t do it on here.
But you are forgetting the season starts one month earlier this season.

There are also 5 substitutes allowed this campaign and we don’t have the strength in depth to really benefit from it or if we ply the bigger boys the chance to unload off the bench the quality to cover with fresh legs without too big a drop off in quality.

But people do talk like that in the pub…. People after a few drinks get even more passionate and talk about their points even more.

There are very very valid reasons for people to be angry/upset with fosun and as it is a forum they are perfectly entitled to share their opinion.

Also it is July in only a handful of days! Transfers can be agreed in advance of this, to use the date as an excuse is fairly weak…. Pre-season started yesterday and now every day the player isn’t agreed or a negotiation isn’t completed is a day less at the club and settling into what bruno wants to do

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In January all the clappers said "everybody knows it's really hard to get players in now so wait until the summer"

Lage says he wants players asap when the window opens but we have failed miserably.

Clappers say " Everybody knows nobody buys anybody until Jul 1st"

Next week when we've let more go and not bought anybody the clappers will all say "Everybody knows that all the real deals take place on the last day of the window"

With Fosun and Shi it's always "Jam tomorrow"

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read last few pages and interesting to see a few positive posts saying plenty of time to sort things. I was saying exactly that this time last year. I accepted the decision not to sign Vitinha on the presumption we’d bring in a different CM. The evidence of last summer and the January window is that those in charge really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. They got lucky with Sa and a freak situation where after the first three games we never once got less points than our performances deserved, but frequently got more. By the end of the season we couldn’t even beat a Norwich team that had been walloped in their previous three games. We were in free fall but now despite losing players and bringing in nobody I’m assured by a number of deluded posters that we will be fine and back to challenging for a European place. Wake up and smell the coffee, we aren’t even standing still, we’re sleep walking into a relegation battle as Jeff Shi seems oblivious to the lessons of history. Perhaps he should take a look where local rivals WBA and Stoke are now despite looking “safe mid-table PL teams”.
Exactly this. I can’t believe the amount of posters who are burying their head in the sand regarding the end to the season we had like we can just press a reset button and start all over again.

15 games isn’t form, it’s a new normal (sorry) and needs addressing because otherwise we will be in deep trouble next season if that form carries on - mentality through the squad needs shaking up and freshening up.

I get that other clubs haven’t signed players but not every club played the final chunk of the season cluelessly and in relegation form, not every club has a relatively tiny squad and not every club has got the same(ish) starting 11 that they had 3 years ago.

Basically the same issues are still there, the same type of player is still needed, we’ve lost senior players already and will lose some more - all this on top of a need to increase the squad size and improve the starting 11’s quality and competition for places… I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that we ideally need 6 or 7 bodies through the door, of that number 3 or 4 need to be first team ready - and that’s not taking into account any more outgoings of players in and around the squad.

That’s why I’m starting to pant wet.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But to not see any positives and only see the negatives just does everyone's head in.
But there are positives and negatives posted….

Like the sound of boos, sometimes people focus and retain the negatives they see/hear more than the positives

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. I can’t believe the amount of posters who are burying their head in the sand regarding the end to the season we had like we can just press a reset button and start all over again.

15 games isn’t form, it’s a new normal (sorry) and needs addressing because otherwise we will be in deep trouble next season if that form carries on - mentality through the squad needs shaking up and freshening up.

I get that other clubs haven’t signed players but not every club played the final chunk of the season cluelessly and in relegation form, not every club has a relatively tiny squad and not every club has got the same(ish) starting 11 that they had 3 years ago.

Basically the same issues are still there, the same type of player is still needed, we’ve lost senior players already and will lose some more - all this on top of a need to increase the squad size and improve the starting 11’s quality and competition for places… I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that we ideally need 6 or 7 bodies through the door, of that number 3 or 4 need to be first team ready.

That’s why I’m starting to pant wet.
The senior players we lost IMV were players we needed to let go. When the going got tough they didn't perform.

Back
Top Bottom