Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals in 3 games from midfield for Enzo Fernandez, shame we never bothered paying the release clause because he may not have featured till the new year. He’ll genuinely end up leaving Benfica for £50m+ in a year or twos time.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if we get either Ramos or Silva, it will be very late in the window. Just the way it has to be, unfortunately.

Andre or Rafa Silva? Because I really wouldn't want Rafa, don't want a winger/cam that can't play deeper as an 8 who's almost 30 and main attribute is pace

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just a quick update on wolves latest Instagram vid you see Moutinho on what I'm guessing is a treatment table.

Not visible injury ie a cast or bandaging so I wonder what's up with his injury or if it isn't as bad as it seems

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Coady will also not be able to play against Wolves this season, when they travel to Goodison Park on Boxing Day and then welcome Everton to Molineux on May 20 – the final home game of the season and penultimate weekend of the campaign.

All parties are expecting the permanent move to go through next summer as Wolves prepare for life without their former captain.

Think I take that with a pinch of salt after barcagate

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle were always going to be a pain in the **** at some point in this window, lets hope we match the offer for Ramos and cross our fingers

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a quick update on wolves latest Instagram vid you see Moutinho on what I'm guessing is a treatment table.

Not visible injury ie a cast or bandaging so I wonder what's up with his injury or if it isn't as bad as it seems

Was it a twist ?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals in 3 games from midfield for Enzo Fernandez, shame we never bothered paying the release clause because he may not have featured till the new year. He’ll genuinely end up leaving Benfica for £50m+ in a year or twos time.
I don't know whether that was ever confirmed by a reliable source. But on the other hand, if we'd used some of our budget on him, and he hadn't featured till the new year, what would people have been saying?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know whether that was ever confirmed by a reliable source. But on the other hand, if we'd used some of our budget on him, and he hadn't featured till the new year, what would people have been saying?
Probably that it would have been worth waiting for him.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it quite amusing that anything reported which is positive is taken as gospel, but anything in a negative light to the club is seen as potentially fake/unreliable etc.

It was reported by all the big Argentinian journos, who initially said we were in for him & hobbs was flying out, that the reason we never paid the release clause was because his participation in the Libertadores could’ve seen him stay till late December. I struggle to see how anyone can try to deny it when a similar “issue” was the exact same reason we pulled the plug on Renato last summer, as we didn’t want a player that would miss the first few games of the season.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re mad. I’ve observed exactly the opposite far more many occasions on this forum.
I suppose it goes both ways yes, but i’ve lost count at the amount of times i’ve seen people defending the club & questioning if we were ever “really in for a player” after the windows ended, or they’ve gone elsewhere etc. despite it being reported as fact by reliable journalists lol

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Is 1 new cm this window enough? If we get Traore, I'd still like a more experienced cm coming this window. If Lage trusted Ronan, surely he'd have been brought on against Leeds?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it quite amusing that anything reported which is positive is taken as gospel, but anything in a negative light to the club is seen as potentially fake/unreliable etc.

It was reported by all the big Argentinian journos, who initially said we were in for him & hobbs was flying out, that the reason we never paid the release clause was because his participation in the Libertadores could’ve seen him stay till late December. I struggle to see how anyone can try to deny it when a similar “issue” was the exact same reason we pulled the plug on Renato last summer, as we didn’t want a player that would miss the first few games of the season.
I wasn't denying, I genuinely don't know whether it's true or not. And your first paragraph is true for some, just as the opposite is also true for others. I tend to be fairly sceptical all round.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Hobbs didn’t go anywhere. It wasn’t reported anywhere in uk media was it
Unless he has a stunt double he didn’t leave Wolverhampton- he did find the story amusing though

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t reported anywhere in uk media was it
It was reported that we were in for the player by UK journos after the news broke in Argentina though.

So how would these highly reliable journalists know about it beforehand, yet also be making up the fact that our chief scout flew over for negotiations.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
As a Finn I can make few comments on Joel Bottomfire.
First of all he has unfortunately had a lot of injuries over the years, that has hampered his career.
As a younger player he was very inconsistent, but has always had knack for scoring goals, a poacher more or less. And just like Jesus Christ he is very good at crosses, attacking the ball infront of the goal with excellent timing. He also has a decent shot.
The question is of course if he is up to half decent PL standards....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It was reported that we were in for the player by UK journos after the news broke in Argentina though.

So how would these highly reliable journalists know about it beforehand, yet also be making up the fact that our chief scout flew over for negotiations.
Journalists make up all sorts of things to add to the story if you want to believe he flew out there that’s up to you.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Coady will also not be able to play against Wolves this season, when they travel to Goodison Park on Boxing Day and then welcome Everton to Molineux on May 20 – the final home game of the season and penultimate weekend of the campaign.

All parties are expecting the permanent move to go through next summer as Wolves prepare for life without their former captain.

Think I take that with a pinch of salt after barcagate
Not sure he's clarified anything there. We know the rules are he can't play against us. We know a season long loan means no recall. What we don't know is the conditions for it to go through permanently. There's every chance Lampard won't be there by next summer and a new manager will see Coady in the same way Lage does. So unless there's an obligation based on them staying up or Coady playing games I don't think this is a done deal.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is absolutely no way that the club would not have known about these stories whether true or not. If not true then to lead the fans down a false path is not the way to bond a good relationship with the club's supporters. I could understand this is there were maybe secret talks going on that could influence the deal but these events were not in that category.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way that the club would not have known about these stories whether true or not. If not true then to lead the fans down a false path is not the way to bond a good relationship with the club's supporters. I could understand this is there were maybe secret talks going on that could influence the deal but these events were not in that category.
The club don’t comment on any stories that the press run.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
My theory is that sellar's fall from grace has been precipitated by the Enzo deal not coming off

Pie in the sky though!
Was utter stupidity not to match benficas offer to let him play the Copa (if they'd progressed). Looks like he'd have been a perfect fit as a Nunes alternative

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So by definition they would have to comment on every story because, according to your suggestion, as soon as they didn’t comment on a story we would know it was true which undermines ‘secret’ talks. Alternatively they lie about those stories they don’t want people to know about which breaks the bond you describe.

Therefore keep stum and let the rumour mongers and fantasists create their own reality.

Back
Top Bottom