Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bayer Leverkusen have signed Adam Hlozek, and have been touting Joel Pohjanpalo about a bit. He's 29, can play across front three and has a decent record on loan in 2. Bundesliga/Turkish Super Lig. l He'd be be a cheap and cheerful, hit the ground running, backup striker kinda signing.
Kind of like the iceland striker we had.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Ramos I wonder if benfica champions league qualification may determined it.... obviously it will be pushing it as it won't be decided till the 24th August......would prefer Ramos to Andre Silva personally as I think Silva has hit his glass ceiling already ....we definitely won't profit of a Silva purchase in the futures.. .

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the obsession with Ramos.

He's got a decent record with Benfica but there's nothing to suggest Fabio Silva wouldn't have had a decent record with Porto by this stage.

I don't see why you'd loan out one unproven Portuguese U21 international to replace him with a slightly less unproven Portuguese U21 international.

Get a senior striker in for a year and then get Silva back.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really tried to ignore this post..

Maybe we shouldn't of bothered signing anyone ? Would that of made you happy ??
Sorry,my post wasn´t meant to upset anyone really.
Just some concerns that I chosed to express on this forum you know?
Raul and Neto is really good and proven players at us..it might be hard for Guedes to compete with them?
Nothing strange if that´s the case I recon.
Playing in a three with Pod and Neto behind Raul perhaps?(suggested by another poster)
This means no room for MGW it seems.

I don´t think anyone can say that Guedes is a proven big goalscorer.
Ergo,we must have bought him for cover perhaps..and for being an upgrade on MGW then?
Do we even know if he will be an upgrade on MGW..especially given that MGW seems to develop nicely as a footballer?

I am not against the signing.I am..of course almost never ever against a signing since I am a football fan of the club here and not an accountant.

I can´t lie though..27,5 Mill seems alot of money to me.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this Boubs a CM? If so, is there anyone we've seen that he's comparable to?
I'd love a powerful kessie, Alf ndaiye type.
We've missed that in our side.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the midfielder looks likely to be Boubacar Traore.

Doesn't seem like he'd walk into our team, so I'd hope this wasn't the only midfielder we're targeting, but I do think we need a couple in if Lage plans to use a 4-3-3 as well as the 4-2-3-1, so we have five central midfielders.

This also adds up with the other Traore that Lubo suggested, and the other poster who mentioned not knowing the player based on name structure, with Traore being a very common African surname.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks like pressing machine according to this?

First linked in The Sun in January

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Only compilation I could find of him, he's only played 22 games for Metz so that's not surprising. Looks very raw, I think he'd be more of a depth signing with potential rather than an immediate upgrade that can play next to Neves immediately.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not see him on the bench. Much more likely playing with Neto and Pod in a 3 behind the striker.
OK..got it.
You are sure he is an upgrade on MGW then I recon.
If not so,then what?

I want to underline my impression that we have somewhat limit funds to buy players for.
I can´t say that I support the signing of a player whose biggest pro seems to be that he is versatile,if it has a negative impact on our ability to make another signing for another position in the team that to me it looks like we might need it even more.

I do hope we find good use of Guedes,and that he proves to be a big hit with us.
I never thought Raul would make it in Prem surroundings when we bought him for example..so what do I know?..:)

It´s just that IF Guedes proves not to be able to outcompete MGW for example and is benched for large amount of times then 27,5 Mill seems alot of money.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Besides hwang 2 do bordeaux have any other decent players?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is any chance we can still get Nunes, the club needs to go all out for him. He'd be a perfect fit for this team. If we were to sign only one player to finish this window, it should be him. We have some sort of cover for Jimenez in Guedes/Hwang, but we only have three senior central midfielders, given Bruno clearly doesn't trust Cundle or Ronan at this level, and rightly so. Put a more mobile, ball-winning, carrier of the ball next to Neves and we're cooking.
He's exactly the sort of player we need, more so than Collins and Guedes, despite them being quality signings. Unfortunately there's no way he's coming here.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the look of Boubacar Traore, gives me Kante vibes, good engine, covers ground quick, high press and intensity, solid defensively. At 20 though not sure he is quite ready to jump ahead of Donk or Moutinho in the pecking order.

Not sure he can offer the ball carrier type midfielder we apparantly want though, perhaps he is to add depth, 5th choice if we did sign a Nunes-type midfielder then allows Cundle to leave on loan and Ronan to be sold, then next season steps up to 4th choice when Moutinho leaves and Cundle returns to 5th choice.

Either that or we plan to stick with Neves and Moutinho as a starting 2 and he comes in as 4th choice.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Think the midfielder looks likely to be Boubacar Traore.

He’s inexperienced. Would be another good young prospect but I don’t think he’s yet got the sort of quality we need next to Neves - especially as the likes of Palhina and Nunes have been on the list.

Am still annoyed we didn’t sign Palhina.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we need a couple in if Lage plans to use a 4-3-3 as well as the 4-2-3-1, so we have five central midfielders.
Ronan is the issue.

Is he CM number 4?

If yes, then one B2B midfielder would do me.

If no, why have we apparently decided to keep him and not sell him or send him out on his (what seems like) 20th loan?

Is he good enough to make some appearances for us? I don't know - no evidence - but I refuse to buy the "only St Mirren" argument because ex-Mirren McGinn at the Villa has done very nicely in the PL, thank you very much :)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronan is the issue.

Is he CM number 4?

If yes, then one B2B midfielder would do me.

If no, why have we apparently decided to keep him and not sell him or send him out on his (what seems like) 20th loan?

Is he good enough to make some appearances for us? I don't know - no evidence - but I refuse to buy the "only St Mirren" argument because ex-Mirren McGinn at the Villa has done very nicely in the PL, thank you very much :)
I think he's only been kept up until now because of lack of depth. Lage not using a single sub until the 86th minute suggests he doesn't think he's good enough to play at this level, which I would agree with, I really think he'd struggle physically.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a CM of that profile. Desperate for legs and energy.

No massive gamble at the prices Bill quoted above.

R

reanswolf

I
He’s inexperienced. Would be another good young prospect but I don’t think he’s yet got the sort of quality we need next to Neves - especially as the likes of Palhina and Nunes have been on the list.

Am still annoyed we didn’t sign Palhina.
yeah me too.

Back
Top Bottom