Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

W

WasStefan

Doesn't scream forced out to me, but very much a mutual thing. Sometimes it's not a case of being forced out or trying to leave. Wolves wanted to evolve and Coady wanted to play and liked the opportunity to go back to Liverpool and play for Everton.

It all works out
True but wolves instigated by changing formation. Coady had no choice

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me go all out for Nunes, I nw it's difficult but the we might get lucky if nobody else has him...the lad is on 8k a week in Portugal.....

Either Nunes and a cheap centre forward or Ramos and Nico Gonzalez on loan.....I would be prepared to lose Gibbs for either scenerio....

Or keep Gibbs , loan Nico Gonzalez, loan batshuayi or similar....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hypothetical conversation

Lage- Conor you have been a great captain but I want to play a back 4 this season and that does not suit your strengths
CC- Ok but its a world cup year , I am 29 and I really need to play to make the plane. Can I move to find football?
Lage- Everton are interested but have no money at the moment.
CC- I would love to go there as they play 3 at the back and I am a scouse lad
Lage- We can make that happen ,loan with an option , you have been great for the club and we respect that.

cc-Thanks Bruno
Lage- Its our pleasure and you will always be welcomed back here.

What is there not to like or understand about both sides here?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me go all out for Nunes, I nw it's difficult but the we might get lucky if nobody else has him...the lad is on 8k a week in Portugal.....

Either Nunes and a cheap centre forward or Ramos and Nico Gonzalez on loan.....I would be prepared to lose Gibbs for either scenerio....

About if going for Nunes means we have to wait for the very last few days of the transfer window?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About if going for Nunes means we have to wait for the very last few days of the transfer window?
Yes I can see that ..you miss out on Nico Gonzalez.as well....will we loan Nico Gonzalez without an option though , not sure...... obviously we are waiting on Nunes getting a better offer.....it's difficult.....

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun are willing to accept a low fee for an England international just to reward his loyal service and help him get a move for the World Cup, then I think that clearly shows the financial situation is a lot more flexible than simply “sell to buy”.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame as I like Nico but at the same time happy we aren't dealing with that basketcase club Barcelona.
Might be worth it if we could get him on a straightforward purchase. Wouldn't want to leave that club any wriggle room given how they behave towards other clubs and players.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun are willing to accept a low fee for an England international just to reward his loyal service and help him get a move for the World Cup, then I think that clearly shows the financial situation is a lot more flexible than simply “sell to buy”.
But you wouldn’t advertise that even if it was true.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is apparent again is that once a deal is underway we move quickly. like Collins the news of an offer broke on Saturday night and he’s holding up the shirt on Monday night. Similar to Coady, end of last week, gone by yesterday.

We might think about things for a while but when we make up our mind you can’t say we’re not decisive and don’t move quickly. As fans we don’t like the thinking about bit and it does cause anxiety as being told we’re still thinking about isn’t always a great message when as fans everything is black and white.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think getting GG will make us more attractive to him

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lage- Conor you have been a great captain but I want to play a back 4 this season and that does not suit your strengths
CC- Ok but its a world cup year , I am 29 and I really need to play to make the plane. Can I move to find football?
Lage- We can make that happen ,loan with an option , you have been great for the club and we respect that.

cc-Thanks Bruno

I like this version the best.

Of course it could never have happened. As if Lage could understand what Conor was saying!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

cc-Thanks Bruno

Or:

Bruno: **** off Conor, I don’t want you here

Conor: Go **** yourself Bruno, I didn’t want to be here anyway

Bruno: Good, don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Conor: ****

What’s there not to make a ridiculous leap to or get in a tizz over about both sides here?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair. We just took their best player and there’s no guarantee Nico would perform well in the Prem. I’m sure Mendes has something else up his sleeve for us.

I agree. Also, it looks like the move to Valencia is just a dry loan, as that’s what Barca are willing to sanction. I wouldn’t have wanted us to take him here on a loan without even an option price agreed. So, we can file him in the “one for the future” stack, like Guedes was for the last couple of years.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would you rather the news break about a transfer early and have a couple of days of nervous tension….or when the deal is done and dusted. I like to suffer

I like the paper trail and wild emotions people have

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

cc-Thanks Bruno

That the club is being run as a self sustainable business apparently so we can’t afford to be doing favours at the expense of ourselves?

By the logic above we should be giving out free season tickets for long standing supporters and not raising ticket prices etc

Coady has been a great guy and a great leader, by all accounts he’s an all around great bloke but on the flip side he’s been rewarded handsomely by the club being given a bumper new contract a few years ago, we’ve given him the showcase and built a system which has helped get him into the England side in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom