Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
We are just fans, that adore our beloved club, we can whinge, moan and stamp our feet, and throw our toys out of the pram, if that is your want, but it is a combination of the powers that be at Wolves, (which we are not), and player power, that dictates what happens in this world of football. Us fans are just on the preriphery.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Simples. we save the wages for now. use them for another player, then when or IF he comes back we sell him again. Sorry but it is not rocket science. Not been rude, it is pure maths
We're also making one of our rivals stronger and taking a massive risk on the 4 at the back working out, which needs a hell of a lot of work going by yesterday, just to save on wages, don't make sense to me and a big risk. If we had got a decent transfer fee for him, I could probably see it

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only one of them is recent.
I think we might disagree on the definition of "recent". However, since your original post didn't specify a time period regarding our 'rubbish' transfers, I simply chose 10 from the last decade.

Here's 10 quality acquisitions from my era. Bert 'the cat' Williams, Malcolm Finlayson, Eddie 'chopper' Clamp, Ron Flowers, Eddie Stuart, Jimmy Mullen, Peter Broadbent, Roy Swinborne, Bill Slater and Johnny Hancocks.

Yes, we could both easily put together a 'top 10' rubbish transfers, selecting different players. But IMV to say we're rubbish at transfers is really OTT.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Fantastic news about Guedes - really good signing that. 2-3 more needed now before we sell anyone.

ST and a CM who can get around the pitch next. Nunes would be a dream but can’t see it!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi must be the only person running a football club in world football that could manage to find himself getting completely rinsed by Barca (multiple times) and Everton

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If Coady does go, his reception on his playing return to Molineux is going to be a special one, akin to the one Robbie Keane got.
He should honestly get a banner in the South Bank when he comes back. He deserves a massive welcome. Only problem is, if he's on loan he won't be in the squad. So that would scupper it somewhat!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As awful as our bench was yesterday, can you imagine what it will look like against Fulham if Conor goes, no one comes in and none of our injured players have recovered!

Things must be happening this week regarding incomings. They must be!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m gutted he could leave AND can see the merits of it.

Last thing I want for him at 29 is to spend week after week on our bench. Being “good around the dressing room” and earning lots of money might have been good enough for John Ruddy but it’s not for Coady.
Good point. After leading the team for so many years, it would be disheartening for him to sit on the bench game after game, week after week like yesterday’s newspaper. A loss of face.
Unless you’re made of cast iron, that would get to anyone.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m gutted he could leave AND can see the merits of it.

Last thing I want for him at 29 is to spend week after week on our bench. Being “good around the dressing room” and earning lots of money might have been good enough for John Ruddy but it’s not for Coady.
Well said.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Much prefer either of the other options, but many have said that Bats is a done deal.
Still sceptical...as it hasn't been mentioned by anybody respectable......and I don't count dodgy sky sports as respectable.....I'm not against it, as such , it maybe why we have removed Connors wage off the bill......but I'm holding out for a Jorge special.....

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh shut up. It’s a loan with obligation. The money is on the books, the rest is just accountancy ****ing.
Shut up? You seem nice.

The only info out there is it’s an obligation with a few caveats including appearances and relegation so it’s nowhere near as straight forward as simple accounting.

Reactions: DPE

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Guedes joins. I've never been a huge fan. Hope I'm massively wrong

I still hear MGW is going despite what the club is saying. Maybe I'm hearing it from people who don't know but they've been very on the ball previously
That was my initial reaction -MGW goes to finance Guedes.
Coady loaned so his wages saved to pay for Gonzalez's. All we need now is two strikers in on an L2B basis.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shut up? You seem nice.

The only info out there is it’s an obligation with a few caveats including appearances and relegation so it’s nowhere near as straight forward as simple accounting.
If I offended you I apologise. Please feel free to mentally replace it with ‘Oh You!’ In a camp voice.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a chat on the train with a guy about Coady on the way up to Scotland.
His niece is Coady’s wife. I wouldn’t underestimate his family in all this. Being away and not playing isn’t going to be easy for Coady.
Three kids under ten too.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a chat on the train with a guy about Coady on the way up to Scotland.
His niece is Coady’s wife. I wouldn’t underestimate his family in all this. Being away and not playing isn’t going to be easy for Coady.
Three kids under ten too.
Fully appreciate that but if true we're loaning him to a potential relegation candidate, even with an obligation to buy, meaning they can't currently afford him then it's the height of stupidity unless the obligation fee is set at a premium.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever been completely convinced by Guedes.
Having said that I was sure Trincao was going to take us to the next level...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom