Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

T

TheConcourse

I think you need someone who can spray passes. Neves is the only one for me that has that passing range.
The current formation is often a 3 in possession. Neves drops deep to collect the ball.

People just like to talk about formations rather than positions on a pitch. A back 3 doesn’t necessarily stop you leaking goals if the front 3 doesn’t protect the ball. Just numbers.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot believe it's a loan for Coady, I thought we needed cash to buy players? What are we thinking? We're being run by absolute clowns.

It has been scientifically proven that clowns are incapable of managing a PL club.

Clown as Embodied Critical Pedagogy". Theatre Topics. Johns Hopkins University Press. 22 (1): 63–72. doi:10.1353/tt.2012.0014. S2CID 191476878. Archived from the original on 19 May 2017. Retrieved 1 January2021

1. Durwin, Joseph. "Coulrophobia and the Trickster". Trinity.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-06-24. Retrieved 2020-05-16.

1. Schechter, Joel (2003). Popular Theatre: A Sourcebook. Worlds of performance. Routledge. p. 139. ISBN 9780415258302. LCCN 2002026941.

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's disrespectful to say the clubs doing the right thing and selling him?

I've said his weaknesses which I think we'll all agree on and understand what the clubs doing.

Just because I'm not upset about him leaving doesn't mean it's disrespectful.
I think saying it will look like a good deal in 6 months suggests he’s overrated. Which is disrespectful of what he had done at Wolves.

I happen to agree, begrudgingly, that if we want to move into a back 4 then he is no longer fit for purpose.

I am also quite cautious about the whole thing. Coady and Neves are, in my opinion, the best servants of Wolves since Bully. There is a lot more to football than talent.. hence why England never won anything in the 00’s. Hence also why Coady was in the Euros squad.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a option to buy, if things don't work out, they send him back. How does that help us now, apart from wages

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we’re not.
Two 7th. place finishes, a 13th and a 10th.

In the toughest and fastest league in the world, you don’t achieve that with bad transfers.
Which team was better, the one who started on our return to the prem or the one we have now?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away from the Coady chat and taking that Insider is genuine.

It might not be Silva but another RB striker… Poulsen? Fits the target man mould, fast too.

(Sorry, normally a lurker, not a poster )
No need for sorrow but just a thought, next time you come into a transfer thread, I’d recommend a flack jacket :)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think saying it will look like a good deal in 6 months suggests he’s overrated. Which is disrespectful of what he had done at Wolves.

I happen to agree, begrudgingly, that if we want to move into a back 4 then he is no longer fit for purpose.

I am also quite cautious about the whole thing. Coady and Neves are, in my opinion, the best servants of Wolves since Bully. There is a lot more to football than talent.. hence why England never won anything in the 00’s. Hence also why Coady was in the Euros squad.

No, I'm saying that's an okay fee for the player. He was never worth 30-40m what some people where thinking. I was hoping for about 15m.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Phillips is right we really did hang all our hopes on Neves being sold, just like last summer.

Great plan.....

And while I completely understand that we couldn't spend big without selling big, I still can't fathom that an established PL club couldn't afford to strenghten in a way that enable us to start the season with more than 3 midfielders and zero strikers in the squad, without having to sell first.

I am also an accountant, I actually agree with you, but trying to keep the maths simple for the non bean counters! OK?
Ooooh......check out the big brain on Cuban Wolf

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's a option to buy, if things don't work out, they send him back. How does that help us now, apart from wages
Simples. we save the wages for now. use them for another player, then when or IF he comes back we sell him again. Sorry but it is not rocket science. Not been rude, it is pure maths

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we learnt from the Traore Barcelona situation.
So, we set up a loan and buy agreement for Coady, he goes to Everton, gets to play and goto the world cup, then in January he comes home aftwr telling them they're ****e and he hopes they get relegated and we get a smaller figure loan fee.
Win win.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I'm saying that's an okay fee for the player. He was never worth 30-40m what some people where thinking. I was hoping for about 15m.
Well in that case.. I expected around the same given his slightly niche role and age.. purely from a football POV.

His value around the dressing room.. not sure we can put a price on that.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves fans: Coady is nowhere near good enough for a back 4

Also Wolves fans: why the **** are we letting Coady go?
Say he goes to Everton and doesn't hit the clauses required for the transfer to happen.

We've just lost our captain for a season for absolutely no benefit to wolves.

I don't think Coady suits how we play, but we should have got more from everton given their situation and not had any clauses in place.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also, Coady could come back in a few years and be an ambassador for Wolves.
Classy, considerate and a genuine decent bloke……it could be a great fit.

ElRobbery

Reaction score

Agree but I think the majority of fans have an issue with the deal itself. A loan with an option. Stinks of the Traore deal.

I know it’s all hypothetical but god forbid he has a bad game for them (which is likely) and the fans turn on him. Being a Liverpool fan won’t help him.

I fancy Lampard to end up with the sack at some point and he’s the biggest admirer of Coady if reports are to be believed. Will a new manager really fancy him?

I predict he returns next season, worth way less than he is now. Let’s just get him sold!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simples. we save the wages for now. use them for another player, then when or IF he comes back we sell him again. Sorry but it is not rocket science. Not been rude, it is pure maths
Sell him as a 30 year old where we receive less money.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really dont see what a loan for Coady gives us
Ok we dont know the details,but even if they do buy him eventually £12 million is a give away
I get we want to be fair to Coady,but he has to be worth £20 million surely
I know Everton are struggling with FFP but thats their problem not ours,sell him to WHam if Everton cant afford him

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well in that case.. I expected around the same given his slightly niche role and age.. purely from a football POV.

His value around the dressing room.. not sure we can put a price on that.

Issue is, if he's not playing and will miss out on his only chance for a world cup, that impact around the dressing room could go negative fast. Allowing him to go out on loan with that fee as an option says to me we're doing the right thing for Coady.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For 8p. In 3 years time. As long as he scores a hat trick on Feb 29th. And Everton are the buying club.

They're mental these Wolves fans!!!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Really dont see what a loan for Coady gives us
Ok we dont know the details,but even if they do buy him eventually £12 million is a give away
I get we want to be fair to Coady,but he has to be worth £20 million surely
I know Everton are struggling with FFP but thats their problem not ours,sell him to WHam if Everton cant afford him
West Ham offer was derisory. Also seems like Coady doesn't want to go there.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some fans on psv forum are claiming we are giving them 20% of any future fee for developing hoever.. The same thing was said about Mir when Huesca had him on a dry loan.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Guedes joins. I've never been a huge fan. Hope I'm massively wrong

I still hear MGW is going despite what the club is saying. Maybe I'm hearing it from people who don't know but they've been very on the ball previously
Seems inevitable to me.

His girlfriend now liking posts urging him to go that have a pop at the fans :D

At least if/when it does happen we've got the replacement in already.

So, you think they're learning and then you hear they loan Coady out :)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some fans on psv forum are claiming we are giving them 20% of any future fee for developing hoever.. The same thing was said about Mir when Huesca had him on a dry loan.

Tell them 20% of nothing is still nothing :D

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is, if he's not playing and will miss out on his only chance for a world cup, that impact around the dressing room could go negative fast. Allowing him to go out on loan with that fee as an option says to me we're doing the right thing for Coady.
I would rather they do the right thing for wolves. If Everton want him they can pay a fee for him. They are spending 30 million on a midfielder so they can surely pay 12 million for a player in a priority position.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I haven't read any real disrespect, some are gutted he could leave others can see the merit of it I wouldn't call it disrespect. In fact I would call it one of the most sensible discussions for a long time.
I’m gutted he could leave AND can see the merits of it.

Last thing I want for him at 29 is to spend week after week on our bench. Being “good around the dressing room” and earning lots of money might have been good enough for John Ruddy but it’s not for Coady.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
my view on coady
he struggles in a 4 and Bruno wants to play a back 4
it's been said coady has pushed for the move so no real point keeping him around if he wants a move as may not have the positive vocal input he has if his heart isn't in it this year
a loan with a option to buy is a risk but there must be a loan fee for a few million and his wages off the books
he can't play against us which may be a advantage when we play Everton
finally we have more than enough cover in mosquera toti and boly so we're not exactly short on cb's

Back
Top Bottom