Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe loan with obligation to buy if we trigger but if we don’t we can keep. Protects us if we go back to 3 at back in future.

Doesn't help us in a months time if the back 4 go to ****.

I feel its only a matter of when we got to a 5 not if.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m confident any three of Collins, Kilman, Boly, Toti, or Mosquera can form a back three if needed.
Yeh I dont see why it has to be Coady if we use 3,just means we play three flat CB and not necessarily a sweeper CB - or shock horror maybe someone else has been trained to do that role

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our heart is a one paced, one trick pony who has benefited hugely from a shape being developed purely to accentuate his qualities and obviate his clear weaknesses, it's little wonder we've looked like we're playing with angina
You claim to be a Wolves fan yet systematically slag off our players. I wonder if you'd try that in a Wolvo pub or at Molineux? I suspect that you would need a dental appointment if you did. A definite ignore - l don't need to read utter crap.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a straight-up obligation then. Obligation based on appearances and Everton staying up.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tweets also say Coady wants the move.

He will get the chance to play and fight his way into a World Cup squad, can’t do that sat on the bench. Also closer to his family.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeh I dont see why it has to be Coady if we use 3,just means we play three flat CB and not necessarily a sweeper CB - or shock horror maybe someone else has been trained to do that role

Also if we switch to a 3, I assume Bruno would still want them to be able to press or carry the ball, which are two of the reasons Coady has been replaced in the team.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m confident any three of Collins, Kilman, Boly, Toti, or Mosquera can form a back three if needed.
I think you need someone who can spray passes. Neves is the only one for me that has that passing range.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, a loan to buy takes Conor's wages off our books for this year, therefore freeing up monies to loan someone else. It is pure mathematics. On a different note, whilst on the subject, any sale of Coady is pure profit, he was bought for £2m, 7 years ago, his book value on the Wolves accounts is £0. The £2 million would have been depreciated over the first contract that he had.

Yes, worth reminding ourselves of that. He's repaid that fee many times over.

Seems to me too much obsession with turning a profit on player sales round here. Is it Stockholm syndrome, or something? Players values aren't just the profit you make on their resale. A club could probably turn a healthy profit margin on player resales while hanging around the Championship or League 1. Buy a player for £1M, sell for £3M. Thats 300% profit, way more profit and less risk than spending tens of millions on young players.

Surely that's not the point of the league? Especially if the profit we do turn, gets speculated on other players to turn more profit, rather than building a team that can compete at the top end.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it helps Coady get a chance in the World Cup then I’m all for it. And if that’s prevalent in Jeff’s mind too, then fair play to Wolives to help that along.
We are not a charity. If we want to buy x,y,z we need incoming money. If we want to buy a good central midfielder 20 million for coady is imperative.
Have we not learned from the cutrone and traore experience. That was 30 million we lost right there.

benevans94

Reaction score
Away from the Coady chat and taking that Insider is genuine.

It might not be Silva but another RB striker… Poulsen? Fits the target man mould, fast too.

(Sorry, normally a lurker, not a poster )

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German club now have their new striker so will be willing to let our L2B target striker leave. We have not been linked with him in the media yet as expected. Im hearing negotiations with the German club have begun. 4 new players in and 2 out before the end of the season.

Told you not to worry. These things are more complicated than you all think
It's going to be Sorloth :O

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think you need someone who can spray passes. Neves is the only one for me that has that passing range imo.

As it stands though we have Neves to do that. One of the issues ever since promotion has been Coady and Neves playing on each other’s toes

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why's it crazy to think the club know what they've doing with Coady?
It's funny how you don't think they know what they're doing when it involves players other than those you have a completely irrational down on though... Just sayin'...

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Patricia, Sa, Boly, Saiss, Jonny, RAN, Moutinho, Neves, Raul and Neto are possibly the ten worst transfers in recent years.
You forgot Jota and Kilman, not too mention I actually think Barry Douglas was a great transfer for what he did that short period.

But yes we are terrible at transfers aren’t we!:rolleyes:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's funny how you don't think they know what they're doing when it involves players other than those you have a completely irrational down on though... Just sayin'...

I think it's the correct decision that's why, nothing against the bloke but as a player I think we can move on.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It probably is the right time to let him move on, but I can’t understand the need to disrespect such a good servant to this club.

What's disrespectful to say the clubs doing the right thing and selling him?

I've said his weaknesses which I think we'll all agree on and understand what the clubs doing.

Just because I'm not upset about him leaving doesn't mean it's disrespectful.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You claim to be a Wolves fan yet systematically slag off our players. I wonder if you'd try that in a Wolvo pub or at Molineux? I suspect that you would need a dental appointment if you did. A definite ignore - l don't need to read utter crap.

Aren't you a wolves fan who was always slagging off Bruno last year?

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know what obligation means?
But the daily mirror is saying the buy clause is only activated if everton stay up and if coady makes a certain number of appearances.

Back
Top Bottom