Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

TWOLF

Reaction score
Busy and vital week for us coming up. Get it right and we fight for Europe. Get it wrong and we scrap for our lives.

Targets are identified, back ups identified, money is there... no excuses. Time to get it done.
Lobo, is this what your hearing from your contact? Or a gut feeling from all the links coming out now?

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could anyone give me a quick recap of what’s happening? I’m not a lazy ****, just tiling the fireplace and haven’t got much time to browse. Things seem exciting.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor form.

He also didn’t play yesterday. Was that his fault too?

It's the difference we always see between 4 or 5 at the back, given the players we have available. The defence got caught on a counter-attack for the second goal. We very very rarely concede from a counter attack with Coady in the middle of a back 3. I doubt more than a goal a season since our return. In contrast, the 20 minutes of total attacking control with some really positive football after half time, you wouldn't see that either if you have that back 3 with Coady so deep (and slowing everything down), you are effectively playing with 9 outfielders. Swings and roundabouts.

Currently (and every other time we've tried it), our forwards are not clinical enough to compensate in attack, for the increased openness at the back. So while it wasn't his fault, he does have a major influence on how we play - for better or worse. If we'd been in the lead on 70 minutes, he would have been a great choice to bring on and revert to 3-4-3 to see the match out. The trouble is that we are rarely in the lead on 60 or 70 minutes these days.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was speaking to my mate who has inside info via WhatsApp about MGW and why he played poorly yesterday, I thought it might be what's going on in his head:

Wolves won’t increase his salary, so he won’t negotiate a new contract and Forest or Palace or others will easily double or more his wages. Bound to get you thinking

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was speaking to my mate who has inside info via WhatsApp about MGW and why he played poorly yesterday, I thought it might be what's going on in his head:

Wolves won’t increase his salary, so he won’t negotiate a new contract and Forest or Palace or others will easily double or more his wages. Bound to get you thinking
It's a short career and I guess understandable.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be the first to apologise to you and ‘Insider’ if it actually happens, but it takes away from the credibility of those who do report what they’ve been told on here out of good faith if others are making up rumours.

Why are they being cryptic about it despite it being extremely obvious who the player is, and why are they leaking that on here? Makes zero sense, the club are very discrete on transfers, as they should be, and they don’t care to appease disgruntled fans on Molineux Mix.
Again, I don’t think “Insider” is an actual insider (nor am I him - also our writing styles are totally different so confused as to why you insinuate I may be him). All I’m saying is this place gets toxic and people with actual information are afraid to share in case they turn out to be wrong and MolMix goes off on them. I’d rather this place be open to rumors (it’s a rumors thread after all) and you can take those rumors as you’d like.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Weird that we'd offer a new contract but not increase wages

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw him play to great effect there for England. For us, not so often.
Very easy to blame one player for lacking in a formation, after all we did lose yesterday playing 4 at the back with Kilman, who has less experience than Coady in that system.
Who against , because I’ve only seen him start games against minnows who rarely attack …

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really think Everton will finish above us? They have one of the weakest all around teams and a coach who has no idea what he’s doing. I can see him being sacked first.

Our starting 11 can compete with the best, it’s our bench that’s embarrassing. We can solve that relatively easily and cheaply.
At the moment and with this paper thin squad, I think there will potentially be 18 teams finish above us.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German club now have their new striker so will be willing to let our L2B target striker leave. We have not been linked with him in the media yet as expected. Im hearing negotiations with the German club have begun. 4 new players in and 2 out before the end of the season.

Told you not to worry. These things are more complicated than you all think

Assuming one of the outs is Coady, can you answer a question - was the other 1 out in the squad for yesterday’s game?

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Please stop fanning him, he’s called himself Molineux insider ffs, he’s fake and he makes it more difficult for the real people who genuinely share stuff they know

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming one of the outs is Coady, can you answer a question - was the other 1 out in the squad for yesterday’s game?
I’m not sure as that narrows it down much other than ruling probably Traore out!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably well in the minority but I wouldn't be wholly against a loan IF there's an obligation to buy, because presumably Everton pick up his salary, freeing that up for us, and we get a guaranteed fee in 12 months thereby adding that to the future transfer Kitty.

Not saying that I wouldn't prefer a sale to the above, but it's hardly the end of the world.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, I don’t think “Insider” is an actual insider (nor am I him - also our writing styles are totally different so confused as to why you insinuate I may be him). All I’m saying is this place gets toxic and people with actual information are afraid to share in case they turn out to be wrong and MolMix goes off on them. I’d rather this place be open to rumors (it’s a rumors thread after all) and you can take those rumors as you’d like.
Good points but I hate the idea that someone might be lying and having fun at our expense.
I certainly have serious doubts about insider.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably well in the minority but I wouldn't be wholly against a loan IF there's an obligation to buy, because presumably Everton pick up his salary, freeing that up for us, and we get a guaranteed fee in 12 months thereby adding that to the future transfer Kitty.

Not saying that I wouldn't prefer a sale to the above, but it's hardly the end of the world.
Depends on the fee, if its close to 20 mill then fair enough but if its 12 mill then whats the point

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If Coady does go, his reception on his playing return to Molineux is going to be a special one, akin to the one Robbie Keane got.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German club now have their new striker so will be willing to let our L2B target striker leave. We have not been linked with him in the media yet as expected. Im hearing negotiations with the German club have begun. 4 new players in and 2 out before the end of the season.

Told you not to worry. These things are more complicated than you all think
Ok, I'll bite. Pohjanpalo? One year left on contract, excellent record out on loan, Leverkusen actively looking to sell and have just signed a forward.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Coady does go, his reception on his playing return to Molineux is going to be a special one, akin to the one Robbie Keane got.
If it’s on loan, as being reported, then that won’t be until next season. Still can’t believe it’s being reported as a ****ing loan deal.

Back
Top Bottom