Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to see a goalscorer come in. I don't think Toti is a downgrade on Saiss but up front we have so few goals

The only positive from the last few games of last season was Raul and Neto starting to play again but we still need a new body to challenge
I would like to have seen Toti have more game time when Saiss came back from the Africa cup and stayed in the side despite not being in good form as he was previously in the season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from saiss the players leaving were either reserves or out on loan anyway. The trouble is our squad is too bloated, just not with enough quality.

We dont have any depth in quality. It is a big issue and was in the final three months of last season and will be the same again next season in my opinion.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to see a goalscorer come in. I don't think Toti is a downgrade on Saiss but up front we have so few goals

The only positive from the last few games of last season was Raul and Neto starting to play again but we still need a new body to challenge

I know what you mean mate but we are also crying out for an attack minded central midfield player and centre back.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly can't see how anybody can defend this club anymore. Until now, I make it 7 windows on the trot that we haven't strengthened - that is staggering incompetence of the highest level. You cannot defend the indefensible, some serious questions need asking why on earth we're at preseason and absolutely nothing has been done... we've known we've needed a build weeks/months before the season finished.... what on earth is going on? Something should have been lined up ready to go by now. I'd be royally ****ed off if I were Bruno.
He's in a catch 22. If he walks he either a man of principal or someone who always expects to get what he asks for.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean mate but we are also crying out for an attack minded central midfield player and centre back.
I'd love both, but I'm perfectly happy for MGW to be given the chance to be our man. As for defence, I've lost confidence in Boly but I feel we have adequate cover. I was outspoken in my 'meh'ness towards Saiss. He had a brilliant 1st half of last season, but then he started channelling his inner me and was ****e. I hope we transition away from a 5 to a 4atb but, if we don't, Coady, Boly, Kilman is as good as anything outside the top 6 imo.

It's just the paucity of attacking options that scares me. Well, maybe not options, but actual goal threats. Hwang hasn't worked out but, ala Wolves, we are going to keep holding on to him, it seems. No shame in a bad transfer, just move them on and replace them. Podence, Neto, Jimenez, Hwang are good on paper. They just don't combine for enough goals in reality though. Until we fix that, I think we are always going to be hamstrung

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know that come the first day of the season we will have the timeless pleasure of seeing dendonkers chicken run chasing shadows around before skying a sitter over the bar from 6 yards. The thrill of seeing some sideways and backwards moutinho magic as we have no forward options. The joy of Hwang running down the wing before either falling over or seeing the ball bounce off his knee. You just know.
Stay away from short pieces of rope and sharp objects is my advice for you

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's in a catch 22. If he walks he either a man of principal or someone who always expects to get what he asks for.

My guess is he'll end up going not too long into the season either because he'll have not been supported (yet again) or we've started poorly. I understand many aren't convinced about Bruno but he's not even getting the chance to prove himself because he's had no support whatsoever from the moment he walked through the door to now.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We dont have any depth in quality. It is a big issue and was in the final three months of last season and will be the same again next season in my opinion.
That was my point. No point having a bench of giles and sanderson et al, they will never get a game anyway

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can add defence to that as well barring Gomes. Will be the same lot we have had for years without any new senior additions if that was the case and its obvious it is stale after what happened in the last few months of last season.

Have any other club in the Premier League gone so long without signing a first team ready centre back and central midfield player

Good ole Jeffrey and Sellars!
Got to be honest I'm losing interest and it's like amateur hour . Hell of a change from 3 years ago....wolves only wolves .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s going to be an exciting four days then!

Should we start a poll on MolMix… will we sign any senior players before the start of pre season?

I’ll cast my vote now… no

Mine too. A resounding no!

In fact another poll could be will we even sign a new player before our trip to Spain?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was my point. No point having a bench of giles and sanderson et al, they will never get a game anyway

My point is I would rather them than nobody. Giles at this stage would be a better option than Bueno. I like Bueno but he hasnt played one senior game. Sanderson would be a better back up than say Marques or Tipton.

I agree we need better quality but are we even going to sign better quality? If not then Giles and Sanderson should be part of the first team group.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mine too. A resounding no!

In fact another poll could be will we even sign a new player before our trip to Spain?

Maybe the poll should be, when will Wolves sign another senior player (excluding contract extensions and renewals)?

Before the start of pre season training
Before the start of pre season friendlies
Before the start of the season
Not in the summer 2022 window

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure which is more disturbing our lack of transfer activity or that blokes on here watch love island.
Bruno ball or love Island, id take an all expenses paid trip to guantanamo bay instead.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s played the same number of games as Neves for Portugal over the last two years (more in major tournaments).

There’s uncertainty around Neves’ future. Moutinho is approaching 36 and Dendoncker’s contract is up at the end of next season (believe we have an additional years’ option).

Palhinha seems a ready-made, ready-to-go option to replace/provide competition at a price which still enables us to invest money elsewhere. Plus it seems we are having difficulty getting other targets over the line.

If Neves does stay (please!), Palhinha allows him the freedom and protection to play a little further forward.
This is absolutely 100% correct.

Other things in Palhinha's favour include:-

1) He is 6'3" built like an absolute unit whilst looking like a catwalk model
2) He is 26 so relatively experienced
3) Because he is actually aggressive he could allow us to switch to a back 4

The only reason I can see for us not signing him is that we don't have the money to pay for him. And if we don't, why are we pretending like we are going to sign anyone?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is I would rather them than nobody. Giles at this stage would be a better option than Bueno. I like Bueno but he hasnt played one senior game. Sanderson would be a better back up than say Marques or Tipton.

I agree we need better quality but are we even going to sign better quality? If not then Giles and Sanderson should be part of the first team group.
Confirms my fears... you would like to sign anyone ! Giles and Sanderson should be in he first team squad just because they have played first team football !! ???
I would rather sell them than just have them as "bodies"

I saw a fair bit of both Giles and Bueno last season and Bueno is the better player.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
It's just occurred to me. Bruno asked for reinforcements. Jeff misheard him. Thought he wanted three and fourpence......

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Confirms my fears... you would like to sign anyone ! Giles and Sanderson should be in he first team squad just because they have played first team football !! ???

I saw a fair bit of both Giles and Bueno last season and Bueno is the better player.
Giles and Sanderson are not Premier League players imo. Not now, big question mark whether ever.

A good gauge for me is, if we signed them for the 1st team squad would you be happy?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bueno has never played a first team game mate. Giles has and was one of the leading assist makers in the championship last season until Blackburn changed their formation. Bueno is very promising but he clearly can’t be said to be better than Giles until he has played a first team game. B

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Semedo now ruled out for the start of the season , what the actual **** are we playing at ?
Shambles
Not just that. Jonny with two serious injuries in the last 18 months. Let’s hope we don’t end up too short like we are in central midfield.

Back
Top Bottom