Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Really Reason We Miss Raul- GD with -1: without -8.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a another striker yes, okay, fine.

But lets be clear and honest- THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM

It is simply we make too many individual mistakes and ship goals to easily. We know VAR decisions will not help us it is not relevant if the mistakes are not made.

Lay off the attackers, they are too lightweight (in defence maybe), we need a league one striker! we need players who will not get work permits or who just will not come, is there the money and all that rubbish. Face reality.

here are factors there out of our control

WE HAVE SCORED MORE GOALS PER GAME WITHOUT RAUL THAN WITH.

Put the blame for results where it should be- defence. This is more in our control.

Raul is missed because his all-round game is missed. The attack has stepped up (more goals) now the defence has to.

Is this Nuno's fault; I do not think the mistakes are.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
For my money in simple terms, we've tried to play more attacking players to compensate for not having Raul (either with a 4 at the back or by playing the WBs higher) and that has increased the pressure on the back line. Individual errors can happen of course, but if they become regular we need to think about why they happen. Confidence is part of it, but it's also about being comfortable in a system. We need to get back to what we know.

Nivada

Reaction score
Raul was the best player in the squad (a title I truly think he deserves) not because of his finishing but really his hold up play and ability to give everyone time and space, while acting as a skilful pivot in the middle of the pitch.

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
Largely agree with the OP. We've not actually conceded that many from open play and most of those that we have have been individual errors - as is the case with the pens.
Where we have really missed Raul is defensively on set pieces which has contributed to a number of the goals we have conceded.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul's heading ability defensively from corners and free kicks is one of the biggest things we're missing.

Strongly agree, its a huge gap.

Front post was always covered with Raul, freeing-up Boly, Saiss, Coady to pick up the 6 yard box.

Now we have no one. I've seen too much of Coady, Neves, Semedo marking 6 footers. This is on Nuno, he seems completely incapable of rectifying it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing possession frequently is also another problem. Even from throw ins , many times we lose possession within a few moves.I like that Podence, Semedo and Neto are bringing the ball more up through the centre. We’ve been depending to much for 2 seasons on attacking from the wings, which has a low conversion rate......and from breakaways, but Jota is gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom