Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The papers - FACup third round Stoke v Wolves. Enjoy!

M

Mr Wolf

The one thing I've noticed about the extra coverage from the radio to the TV is the pronunciation of Ikeme. Various sounds like:-

Eye-Kay-Me
Ick-Key-May
Eye-Key-Me

Bangla Wolf

Reaction score
Telegraph - "Matt Doherty’s coruscating free-kick "

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of quite some time ago there was regularly a thread quoting the the reports from various papers. Forget who did it.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of quite some time ago there was regularly a thread quoting the the reports from various papers. Forget who did it.

Quite. Before tinternet I used to cut out the reports from the paper and keep them in the programme. Probably a couple of boxes full in the loft.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm keep them in a scrapbook this season. :oops:

Also compiled a vhs of reports from Midlands Today and the like. How sad!

Still have the 4 v 2 Albion match and the Derby Bully hat trick match on vhs somewhere I think.

S

ShropshireLad

Also compiled a vhs of reports from Midlands Today and the like. How sad!

Still have the 4 v 2 Albion match and the Derby Bully hat trick match on vhs somewhere I think.
I can never be bothered watching old videos but there again I don't look at the old scrap books much either despite some decent content, pics, memorabilia etc. I just like doing it and referring to it as the season unfolds - all the facts are at my fingertips. I must be OCD or summat. Probably the summat. :oops:

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can never be bothered watching old videos but there again I don't look at the old scrap books much either despite some decent content, pics, memorabilia etc. I just like doing it and referring to it as the season unfolds - all the facts are at my fingertips. I must be OCD or summat. Probably the summat. :oops:
I might watch em but haven't had a video player for years!

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic image, the photographer needs to be applauded on the timing of this shot.

3BECE21900000578-4097534-image-a-1_1483804141994.jpg

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I can't recall Costa doing that celebration before? Kind of like Robbie Keane style!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic image, the photographer needs to be applauded on the timing of this shot.

View attachment 468
He'll be shooting at a burst mode of 15fps in RAW for up to a minute. As long as you track the player and have DPAF it is as easy as pie. Prosumer DSLRs have taken all the skill out of photography. Many mirrorless cameras have 4k photo mode whereby you select an image (8mp) from any thirty images PER SECOND.

For newspapers and online reproduction, 2mp is plenty enough. That's enough tech bore for one day.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll be shooting at a burst mode of 15fps in RAW for up to a minute. As long as you track the player and have DPAF it is as easy as pie. Prosumer DSLRs have taken all the skill out of photography. Many mirrorless cameras have 4k photo mode whereby you select an image (8mp) from any thirty images PER SECOND.

For newspapers and online reproduction, 2mp is plenty enough. That's enough tech bore for one day.
If it's that easy, why am I so rubbish at sports photography?

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't recall Costa doing that celebration before? Kind of like Robbie Keane style!

Me neither. The Keane one was more of a half ***** cartwheel. Who started the somersault thing, maybe Okocha? Kiwomya?
Don't remember Franny Lee doing it at the Baseball Ground in all that mud. Think of all the great British strikers of the 80's, Rush, Hughes, Bully, Lineker - doubt any of them could've pulled off the full somersault thing.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
Me neither. The Keane one was more of a half ***** cartwheel. Who started the somersault thing, maybe Okocha? Kiwomya?
Don't remember Franny Lee doing it at the Baseball Ground in all that mud. Think of all the great British strikers of the 80's, Rush, Hughes, Bully, Lineker - doubt any of them could've pulled off the full somersault thing.

Franny Lee's Benson & Hedges would have fallen out of his pocket :p

Back
Top Bottom