Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Pant Wetting D-Day Forecast

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
_48763406_jex_781418_de27-1.jpg

It's a damp start, with light showers looming in the West Midlands

D

Deleted member 4008

I am knee deep in **** after running out of nappies . Local stores near ran out yesterday as many Wolves fans were bulk buying for today :)

Where's the ****ing signings

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
soon to be upgraded to tropical storm

E

Essex Wolf

Right now, with less than 24 hours of the window to go, our squad is weaker a month into the season, than it was at the start of the season. But yeah, anyone who points that out is a pant-wetter :rolleyes:
Excellent post that hits the nail squarely on the head.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
Right now, with less than 24 hours of the window to go, our squad is weaker a month into the season, than it was at the start of the season. But yeah, anyone who points that out is a pant-wetter :rolleyes:

It really isn't, but I get your point regarding a striker!

B

Benson

We currently have 9 fit outfield senior players (over U23) - 5 of them are defenders.
No worries.

G

GNLwolf

Our first team is still pretty much the same, albeit a striker is obviously needed (well, two actually but that seems to have gone out the window). But our squad is clearly, and demonstrably, weaker.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How isn't it? We have bought nobody in since the start of the season and have let several players go, leaving us with one recognised striker in the squad. It's significantly weaker as it stands.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the pant wetting reference, well as far as i'm concerned anyway, is the constant over reaction every time something doesn't go our way transfer wise or it doesn't happen fast enough. all i ever see on here when the slightest thing doesn't your our way is..FFS..sort it out Jeff.. why are we messing around... and all this stuff. It's like some people think our lot are sat there playing cards and drinking beer instead of trying to sort it out.
Do some of you honestly think they couldn't be ***** to do anything about it? we don't know what's going on in the background, but i'd bet they're working at it full tilt.
its one thing bellyaching about Moxey and Morgan, but to start having a go at this lot after what they've delivered seems a bit childish and the window hasn't even closed yet.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on when has Fosun let us down since they got serious aka May 2017 . They are serious about promotion this year .
If we want it , they want it even more.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
How isn't it? We have bought nobody in since the start of the season and have let several players go, leaving us with one recognised striker in the squad. It's significantly weaker as it stands.

It's no point stockpiling strikers that don't score.

It's also bad for morale having bodies around the place that realistically weren't going to add anything to the team and weren't even going to get in the squad.

I do agree we need strikers and quick though.

It's all about opinions...

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Wolves have messed this is up to be honest. The business of changing the squad has gone very well and really has been a revolution rather than the evolution we expected. We have bought in some exceptional talent. However, we now look to be scrambling about to net a striker and it is very likely that we end up with option 14 instead of a striker we want. To allow Dicko to leave - a player I don't rate - when we don't even have another striker lined up is negligent. To effectively have one forward on our books in to the last 12 hours of transfer window is negligent. We will end up having to pay way over the odds or not getting sufficient quality.

Someone needs to have a word with Uncle

G

GNLwolf

I think the pant wetting reference, well as far as i'm concerned anyway, is the constant over reaction every time something doesn't go our way transfer wise or it doesn't happen fast enough. all i ever see on here when the slightest thing doesn't your our way is..FFS..sort it out Jeff.. why are we messing around... and all this stuff. It's like some people think our lot are sat there playing cards and drinking beer instead of trying to sort it out.
Do some of you honestly think they couldn't be ***** to do anything about it? we don't know what's going on in the background, but i'd bet they're working at it full tilt.
its one thing bellyaching about Moxey and Morgan, but to start having a go at this lot after what they've delivered seems a bit childish and the window hasn't even closed yet.

Please point out the overreaction on this thread. The argument "clearly they're doing something about it" means that this entire forum is completely defunct. We can't influence anything that we talk about on here - but we do, because it's interesting. Not one single person thinks Fosun aren't doing anything, what a lot of us are thinking though, is that there doesn't seem to be much of a plan. Which is a perfectly reasonable reaction to the current situation.

G

GNLwolf

It's no point stockpiling strikers that don't score.

It's also bad for morale having bodies around the place that realistically weren't going to add anything to the team and weren't even going to get in the squad.

I do agree we need strikers and quick though.

It's all about opinions...

?????????????????????

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not pant wetting yet, but can feel my bladder filling up

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Two points - (1) using "our squad is weaker than it was at the start of the season" is ridiculous - basically we brought in loads of players before the season started, and since then we have let some go. Someone posted the other day about our squad being huge. It is. It is just - currently - light on strikers.
(2) None of you know that we are "scrambling around for strikers". We are surely in the process of trying to get signings over the line, but that doesn't mean we are "scrambling around".

G

GNLwolf

Two points - (1) using "our squad is weaker than it was at the start of the season" is ridiculous - basically we brought in loads of players before the season started, and since then we have let some go. Someone posted the other day about our squad being huge. It is. It is just - currently - light on strikers.
(2) None of you know that we are "scrambling around for strikers". We are surely in the process of trying to get signings over the line, but that doesn't mean we are "scrambling around".

1) That in itself means it is weaker. Edwards, Dicko and Graham were all very capable squad players, who would have featured this season had they stayed. We have 16 first team squad players fit at the moment (not including Burgoyne and Deslandes). That is not huge with a long, hard season ahead of us.

2) You don't know we aren't either.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please point out the overreaction on this thread. The argument "clearly they're doing something about it" means that this entire forum is completely defunct. We can't influence anything that we talk about on here - but we do, because it's interesting. Not one single person thinks Fosun aren't doing anything, what a lot of us are thinking though, is that there doesn't seem to be much of a plan. Which is a perfectly reasonable reaction to the current situation.
when I said 'on here' I meant the mix in general, not this thread in particular, I should have made myself clearer.
I've got no idea what you mean by the forum being defunct by the "clearly they're doing something about it" argument.
I suppose the meat and bones of it come down to you lot thinking there doesn't seem to be much of a plan as you say. Why do think they haven't got much of a plan?

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope they don't leave these announcements until 11pm.

That's way passed my bedtime.
And mummy gets cross if her special little soldier doesn't get his wee beauty sleep. :oops:

G

GNLwolf

when I said 'on here' I meant the mix in general, not this thread in particular, I should have made myself clearer.
I've got no idea what you mean by the forum being defunct by the "clearly they're doing something about it" argument.
I suppose the meat and bones of it come down to you lot thinking there doesn't seem to be much of a plan as you say. Why do think they haven't got much of a plan?

Apart from the odd couple, and avoiding the wums, even on the wider Mix people usually labelled as pant-wetters just genuinely care about our chances.

And I don't have any evidence that there isn't a plan, obviously. Just like the people who say there must be don't. But we've all known we've needed a striker for about two months, and after weeks of radio silence, we're suddenly being linked with a whole range of players of all different sorts across two or three different positions. Added to that it's transfer deadline day, so there is general chaos and panic at nearly every club - it all just seems unnecessarily panicked, when we've known what we need for so long.

Having said that, it's not like I'm completely denouncing Fosun (nothing of the sort), and if/when they pull it out the bag, I'll be as delighted as everyone else. I just think this could, and probably should, have all been avoided.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
giphy.webp

Still under 11 hours to go I just don't get the hysteria among some the club want signings and I'm 100% sure with fosun that signings will happen in that time frame.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because we appear to be making enquiries, putting bids in and some deals aren't happening doesn't mean we're panicking because we've got no plan.
If we're still in this position at 11.05 tonight, you're argument will be much stronger.
Anyway let's sack this for now GNL, we've had our say and I'm sure we'd both like to keep an eye on the proceedings and not be squabbling on here ok mate.
Right, I've wet myself, I need to go and change my pants.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe in FOSUN.

But if they do not find ONE striker in this market, it would represent a catastrophic failure.

G

GNLwolf

Just because we appear to be making enquiries, putting bids in and some deals aren't happening doesn't mean we're panicking because we've got no plan.
If we're still in this position at 11.05 tonight, you're argument will be much stronger.
Anyway let's sack this for now GNL, we've had our say and I'm sure we'd both like to keep an eye on the proceedings and not be squabbling on here ok mate.
Right, I've wet myself, I need to go and change my pants.

I don't want my argument to be stronger, I want it to be wrong. i also wasn't squabbling haha, you gave your opinion, I gave mine - sometimes that kind of thing breaks out on here.

And I'd see a doctor for that :relieved:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to get relegated at this rate, ffs!!!!!! Sort it out omg!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She's still attractive even with **** over her.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Isn't that the inevitable consequence of getting your business done early? In years gone by we would have signed a couple of young promising league one players by now - that would have deserved concern.

Nothing Fosun have done suggests to me that we won't have at least one top quality striker in by 11pm and I'd rather have that than Dicko, Mason and JDB.

Back
Top Bottom