Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Overlap with Gary Neville

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen this mentioned on here but came across this on You Tube and loved every minute of the hour he is in discussion with Roy Keane. Really enjoyable and very funny and very insightful into life inside football. Not much going on at present so can recommend this as a really good football watch. Other episodes include GN chatting with Alan Shearer and Jamie Carragher but haven't watched those yet.

W

WasStefan

Watched most. They’re very good.

Also recommend a diary of a ceo, different theme but has quite a few sportsman/ ex sportsman on.

T

TheConcourse

Watched most. They’re very good.

Also recommend a diary of a ceo, different theme but has quite a few sportsman/ ex sportsman on.
The Patrice Evra episode was very sad to listen to. Cracking podcast from a brilliant entrepreneur.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah, Carragher's podcast is good. The Greatest Game, has a variety of different people talking about Football
Sam Warburton ex Wales/BI Lions captain is outstanding.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think he’s completely wrong about Solskjaer but otherwise I really like Neville. The overlap is really good the one with Tyson Fury was great.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think he’s completely wrong about Solskjaer but otherwise I really like Neville. The overlap is really good the one with Tyson Fury was great.
In his defence he has actually never called for a manager to be sacked, always defended all the United ones. It is consistency.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
In his defence he has actually never called for a manager to be sacked, always defended all the United ones. It is consistency.

His argument changes all the time. When they signed Varane and Sanch the summer he said they should be challenging for the league, now he’s saying finishing top four would be a good season for United. He seems desperate to make out like Solskjaer is doing a good job when the whole world sees he’s not.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange because I've always thought Roy Keane was a top footballer but a complete ******** but you see a completely different side to the guy on this. He's very opinionated but listening to him you can see why he was like how he was. He has really high standards and does not tolerate people who don't match up. Great story where when he starts earning decent money he goes to buy a good watch, a Rolex, and RK reads the price as £1.5k and buys the watch. When he gets the receipt it's £11,500! He's too embarrassed/shocked to say anything but he has the last laugh as he says he still has the watch and it's worth much more now that he paid for it!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's strange because I've always thought Roy Keane was a top footballer but a complete ******** but you see a completely different side to the guy on this. He's very opinionated but listening to him you can see why he was like how he was. He has really high standards and does not tolerate people who don't match up. Great story where when he starts earning decent money he goes to buy a good watch, a Rolex, and RK reads the price as £1.5k and buys the watch. When he gets the receipt it's £11,500! He's too embarrassed/shocked to say anything but he has the last laugh as he says he still has the watch and it's worth much more now that he paid for it!
When he isn't playing a character on TV he is funny, same as his thing he did with Micah Richards during the Euros.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

His argument changes all the time. When they signed Varane and Sanch the summer he said they should be challenging for the league, now he’s saying finishing top four would be a good season for United. He seems desperate to make out like Solskjaer is doing a good job when the whole world sees he’s not.
Yeah that's a good point

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Keane admitted in his autobiography that he deliberately went out to injure Alf-Inge Haaland. A tackle that ended his career.
He will always be an ******** in my view.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a confusion to me is Roy Keane. There’s so much to dislike about him and so much to like as well.

Some of the things he said about Jonathan Walters after his life lost a child was disgraceful. As is his constant mouthing off about Ferguson, who he pretty much owes his career to.

I think very much like on the pitch, he’s a guy who crosses a line way too often.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roy Keane is happy to take money for doing impressions of Roy Keane now. He's just putting on a ridiculous act so the Sky Sports can clip his rants into weird 30 second videos that will go viral on Twitter.

“He’s put his hands to his ears [as if to] shut the critics up,” he said. “I think that’s embarrassing. He has been a disgrace for the last few months for Man United. He thinks if he scores he’s going to shut his critics up. That’s embarrassing”.

“We talk about this game of football, it is about shutting people up and Harry has done that tonight.”

So Roy, is it good to think about shutting people up, or not?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roy Keane is happy to take money for doing impressions of Roy Keane now. He's just putting on a ridiculous act so the Sky Sports can clip his rants into weird 30 second videos that will go viral on Twitter.

Can’t agree with this more. He’s not unlike Sounness was a few years ago (he’s calmed a bit) or Boycott in cricket, making a living by following their own stereotype. I have visions of Keane sat there in a studio having his make up done before breaking into his latest rant about modern football.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think what he was saying was do it on the pitch by playing your best not making ridiculous gestures
Maguire and Kane have been useless this season,but at least Kane just did his job better last 2 games,7 goals, no matter what the opposition ,is making a statement,one header and trying to play the victim was not,at least Maguire did the right thing when he scored last night so perhaps its sunk in

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what he was saying was do it on the pitch by playing your best not making ridiculous gestures
Maguire and Kane have been useless this season,but at least Kane just did his job better last 2 games,7 goals, no matter what the opposition ,is making a statement,one header and trying to play the victim was not,at least Maguire did the right thing when he scored last night so perhaps its sunk in

How a player celebrates has no link to how well he plays - Keane knows this. He also knows he's paid to froth at the mouth with anger about something, and given England won both games comfortably, that's all he could think of to criticise.

For a grown man to get worked up about someone celebrating a goal in the "wrong" way? That's embarrassing.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, he's become self-parody to generate clicks

Back
Top Bottom