Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The next level

• Thread starter Deleted member 8913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8913

Like all football fans we seek to reach the next level.
‘the next level for us is to consistently challenge the big six.
‘the big six over the last decade have dominated the premier league
in the last decade Manchester city have 818 points and arsenal (6th) have 702 points
Wolves have a modest 168 points in that period and have a long way to go.
‘at the turn of the century there was only a big four...Tottenham and Manchester city forced their way in.
to sustain a big six position requires sustainable revenues and results.
revenue and on field results have a symbiotic relationship...you need revenue to build a winning team and you need a winning team to sustain revenue.

so how to you break in and join the club..? .City did it by rich shareholders investing ( as Chelsea did a decade earlier)
financial fair play is designed to prevent that happening again
this makes it very tough to improve revenues and team results...no short cuts....very competitive...if easy we would all do it.

old Chinese proverb...”even the longest journey begins with just one step.“
old African proverb “ softly softly catchee monkey”

finish seventh again and we are on track for the long term project ....it’s not going to happen quickly but our 60 year decline has been arrested.

do you agree?

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
My great and late (20 years ago) dad told me, son the best weather always builds slowly....stuck with me and I believe. He took me down the Mol when I was 4/5 and (mid 60's) when I was small enough to think we were the best and many decades later I hope we may still be....

OUT OF DARKNESS......

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we finish below seventh this season, the project lives on. To finish regularly in the top six, the club will need to make correct strategic decisions over a lengthy period. Given the advantages enjoyed by the current "Big Six", that will be far from easy. Encouragingly, Fosun have made a decent start but there's a long journey ahead so a good deal of patience is required . . . and some luck along the way would help.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won´t reach the so called "next level" with Nuno at the helm.
It is the story of his coaching career..and the signs is there as far as we are concerned...IF we opens our eyes a little bit and look upon the matter from an objective point of view(too much to ask on a fans forum I know).

I do think we are 2,5 seasons away from the departure of Nuno.It should be the right time to make the final challenge by then..I hope.

Down to our owner in the end to keep the dream alive.Managers?..they will come and they will go as Stevie Nicks is singing in "Dreams".

Back
Top Bottom