Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Keeper

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it considered as a movie (film made for TV) or part of a series?

I'd like to search it out, thanks.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of a romance movie than anything, was looking forward to it but it was pretty poor ( acting, storyline)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great keeper, saw him many a time down the Mol. The last time was 1962 when Wolves put 8 past him, including 4 from Ted Farmer.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great keeper, saw him many a time down the Mol. The last time was 1962 when Wolves put 8 past him, including 4 from Ted Farmer.
A great keeper...who Wolves put 8 past. Dread to think what a poor keeper would have done BSK! Although that was certainly good performance....for us.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great keeper...who Wolves put 8 past. Dread to think what a poor keeper would have done BSK! Although that was certainly good performance....for us.
I think you have to look at his career in the round! In 1962 he was near retirement. Don't forget he won the Cup with City in 1956 playing on after breaking his neck at Wembley. Even the best keepers let in a few now and again, including our own Bert 'the Cat' Williams. I don't think anyone can touch Tony Millington, the Albion keeper, though. In 62-3, we put 7 past him in the first team game, and he also played in the Albion reserve team against us the same season and let in 8! Got to be a record! 15 against one club in a single season!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you have to look at his career in the round! In 1962 he was near retirement. Don't forget he won the Cup with City in 1956 playing on after breaking his neck at Wembley. Even the best keepers let in a few now and again, including our own Bert 'the Cat' Williams. I don't think anyone can touch Tony Millington, the Albion keeper, though. In 62-3, we put 7 past him in the first team game, and he also played in the Albion reserve team against us the same season and let in 8! Got to be a record! 15 against one club in a single season!
was millington playing in the abandoned match?if so that would be another 2!

PGAWolf

Reaction score
The Bert Trautmann book is an excellent read. All about him surviving WW2 not just his goalkeeping.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Credited with being highly influential to Banks and Wilsons’ game, plus Lev Yashin believing he was the only other man who should be considered a world-class goalkeeper at the time .... he was undoubtedly a tremendous player.

The TV biopic wasn’t great, but harmless viewing and gave a little insight into some of his background, while leaving out his wife’s struggles to come to terms with the loss of their eldest son.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of a romance movie than anything, was looking forward to it but it was pretty poor ( acting, storyline)
Just watching it now. Wanting to know how much of it was true I did some looking up. The true story seems more interesting than the made up stuff. Why did they do that?
The most hilarious scene was when he made his debut for the Mancs and met the hostility of the crowd, the board and particularly a very authordox looking Rabbi.......on a Saturday at a football match and its not even Spurs. :eek: :tonguewink:

Back
Top Bottom