Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Jota Money

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cant seem to find the breakdown on the internet . But from what we know the Scousers managed to defer the payments to 4 m upfront and this Summer paid us 12 m . So when do we get the rest of it ? does anybody know because it was reportedly rising to 45m depending on how successful he was . Also Hoever was part of the deal and valued at 9 m was it ??
Anybody got any more accurate intel ?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans like to make a big deal out of this, but I’m sure this is how Wolves do a lot of our incoming deals too. I seem to recall the Raul deal being similar when we bought him in?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans like to make a big deal out of this, but I’m sure this is how Wolves do a lot of our incoming deals too. I seem to recall the Raul deal being similar when we bought him in?
Most deals are done in instalments, have been for years. Thought it was pretty common knowledge to be fair?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if you're paid £40m up front or over 4 years. If you know the money is coming in then you can either buy with similar 4 year staggered payments or take out short term loans to cover the transfer knowing you can just pay it back. Football transfer income is basically 100% guaranteed there's no risk to deferring payments.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if you're paid £40m up front or over 4 years. If you know the money is coming in then you can either buy with similar 4 year staggered payments or take out short term loans to cover the transfer knowing you can just pay it back. Football transfer income is basically 100% guaranteed there's no risk to deferring payments.
Agree to a point. If you borrow money to cover a cashflow needs causes by deferred payments then there is an interest cost to factor in. On 30m of deferred payments that would be fairly significant if you tried to bring forward all of the fee, amounting to a few million before the final payment is made. So in practice the club would likely profile its spend to avoid long term borrowing - ie spend the fee more or less inline with the receipt of the deferred payments.

As others noted this is common practice and would apply to many of our player purchases too, so it’s a balancing act covering all our recent sales and purchases.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe when sold the profit is made , so for FFP we get an immediate injection, but cash-flow is delayed.
Fosun probably like this if it brings in a higher selling price.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of this money going towards strengthening the squad, according to Liam Keen.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do not strengthen the squad soon. Fans will lose interest & excitement
Let’s be honest, many Wolves fans can’t cope with the Premiere League with its high competition rate and attrition rate!!
They would much rather be in the lower leagues, back in the Bully days, beating everybody in sight and lording it over the smaller clubs!!
Great days!

Bordering on the pathetic, we’d rather be beating Doncaster Rovers for fun than face up to the challenges of supporting a club punching above its weight among the super clubs, and doing a damn good job with a fraction of their resources!!

I say, let’s support the club in an evolutionary rather than a revolutionary journey!! I for one am loving being an established Premier League club even if we’re not beating everyone 6-0!

It’s a slow burn, but we’re in such a good place now compared with the good old Bully days!!

For ever the Wolves, back where we belong!!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we charging Liverpool interest just like the bank (Macquarie Group) will be charging us? I doubt it.

Bank interest on £23million???? Interest rates have just gone up as well !

Why not ask our owners for the loan? Surely that would have been interest free,

Transactions of this nature do make me wonder about Fosuns commitment.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, many Wolves fans can’t cope with the Premiere League with its high competition rate and attrition rate!!
They would much rather be in the lower leagues, back in the Bully days, beating everybody in sight and lording it over the smaller clubs!!
Great days!

Bordering on the pathetic, we’d rather be beating Doncaster Rovers for fun than face up to the challenges of supporting a club punching above its weight among the super clubs, and doing a damn good job with a fraction of their resources!!

I say, let’s support the club in an evolutionary rather than a revolutionary journey!! I for one am loving being an established Premier League club even if we’re not beating everyone 6-0!

It’s a slow burn, but we’re in such a good place now compared with the good old Bully days!!

I do agree mate but if we are as skint as being made out how are we ever going to go forward? The squad is ridiculously small, it's neglect.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great days!

Harsh in the extreme Waggy, out of interest how many games do you attend each season?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do agree mate but if we are as skint as being made out how are we ever going to go forward? The squad is ridiculously small, it's neglect.
You’re absolutely right, what with us being bottom at Christmas and being humiliated by the big boys every week. Shameful, they don’t know what they’re doing.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sure Steve, but who says we’re skint??
The record shows we’re capable of paying almost £40m for an untried teenager, hardly the evidence of a club in financial distress!!
There may be prudent decisions being made in an unattractive financial environment where there’s a pandemic running wild in the world… and quite frankly, I would prefer prudence in those circumstances if it maintains the stability of the club and awaits more favourable times and terms!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The record shows we’re capable of paying almost £40m for an untried teenager, hardly the evidence of a club in financial distress!!
There may be prudent decisions being made in an unattractive financial environment where there’s a pandemic running wild in the world… and quite frankly, I would prefer prudence in those circumstances if it maintains the stability of the club and awaits more favourable times and terms!
We are close to moving forward and I just get frustrated sometimes as we could try to push on. I guess I've got to chill a bit.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The past two years.

We have to sell to buy, as has been proven. That puts incredible pressure on you to get everything right. We effectively swapped Jota for Silva - and we go backwards.

Neves or Traore will fund the next incomings and if they're similar downgrades then we'll slip a bit further again. Then it will be Neto.

When you combine that with other teams continuously spending and potentially the emergence of Newcastle as a serious club if they survive this season, you've quickly found yourself in a position where you can't realistically make the top ten. Then it's get to 40 asap.

Eventually, it will catch up with us and we'll go down. Whether that's 2, 5 or 10 years. The more Silva for Jota type deals we do will obviously speed up the process.

This isn't a major criticism either, it's sad that the Premier League is like this, but it is. Having owners who don't want to spend, which recent years and comments show we have, means this happens.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The past two years.

We have to sell to buy, as has been proven. That puts incredible pressure on you to get everything right. We effectively swapped Jota for Silva - and we go backwards.

Neves or Traore will fund the next incomings and if they're similar downgrades then we'll slip a bit further again. Then it will be Neto.

When you combine that with other teams continuously spending and potentially the emergence of Newcastle as a serious club if they survive this season, you've quickly found yourself in a position where you can't realistically make the top ten. Then it's get to 40 asap.

Eventually, it will catch up with us and we'll go down. Whether that's 2, 5 or 10 years. The more Silva for Jota type deals we do will obviously speed up the process.

This isn't a major criticism either, it's sad that the Premier League is like this, but it is. Having owners who don't want to spend, which recent years and comments show we have, means this happens.
Maybe we will be sold to some wealthy American by then. Here’s hoping

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The past two years.

Would you rather be back in the Chump or League 1 or 2?

We have been on an upward curve since the Fosun takeover! What do you want? A bigger sugar daddy than Fosun perhaps??
Well have a look at Derby, Notts Forest, the Sheffields, Ipswich, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Stoke, Blackburn, etc etc, would you swop??

I wouldn’t

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have been on an upward curve since the Fosun takeover! What do you want? A bigger sugar daddy than Fosun perhaps??
Well have a look at Derby, Notts Forest, the Sheffields, Ipswich, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Stoke, Blackburn, etc etc, would you swop??

I wouldn’t
Sitting around mid table in the premier league isn’t exactly entertaining either

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess we've secured this on the Jota money rather than the TV money because there is less risk around whether we get the Jota money or not.

TV money might still be impacted by COVID.

Hopefully we got a lower rate

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn’t
A lot of reaching there considering I didn't say anything of the sort.

No, I obviously wouldn't swap with those clubs, although I don't think the Championship is as bad as you make out, especially if we aren't really competing at this level (not at that stage yet).

But why don't you mention Leicester in the clubs you list? It doesn't have to be worse.

My point was that unless you get non-stop funding or have an exceptional recruitment team, eventually you'll go down, which we will at some point. I even said I wasn't criticising Fosun, it's just the way football is unfortunately.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn’t
I would if it meant ticket prices were reasonable, a better atmosphere , and some desire to do well with astute decision making.

Back
Top Bottom