Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

MontyR

Reaction score
Re Ronaldo:
It won’t happen because we can’t/won’t pay his wages but if there is ever a dressing room he would be less of a **** in its one with Moutinho and a bunch of international team mates in a World Cup year.
He easily buries 20+ of the chances we would create for him.
I’m holding onto the hope he’d forgo big wages for 1 year in hope of increasing Portugal’s World Cup chances

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo would be great for brand exposure purposes but his wages and ego not sure he would come for a short term gig. We couldn’t offer him more than 100k per week

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of their players were Hungarian. Most teams had basically whole nationality teams back then though, English teams are probably the exception with British & Irish players.
We had one foreign player though, name and nationality anyone (without checking!).
South African? Eddie Clamp?

Straining my memory for what my old man told me. Think that the name is wrong.

Edited to add: Just googled, name 50% right - wrong surname.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope mate. Ive been on them for years due to mental health issues but feeling great about Nunes and potentially others coming in.
Sorry mate did not realise that just a little sorry again if it caused any offence
I am also on them but thankfully they do the trick for me
Wish I had known foot in the mouth moment

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bloody joke

Just think making a joke about a poster who has mentioned mental health issues on previously, is massively unnecessary lad but in fairness you might not have known.

One of those "foot in mouth" moments?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think making a joke about a poster who has mentioned mental health issues on previously, is massively unnecessary lad but in fairness you might not have known.

One of those "foot in mouth" moments?
I didn’t and I do feel awful now I have my own problems and would never have said if I had known sorry to him and any one else who read it

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Ronaldo:
It won’t happen because we can’t/won’t pay his wages but if there is ever a dressing room he would be less of a **** in its one with Moutinho and a bunch of international team mates in a World Cup year.
He easily buries 20+ of the chances we would create for him.
Just the fact that it even feels like a distinct possibility feels completely bizzare. If anyone had mentioned the idea of Ronaldo signing for Wolves when we were languishing in League One eight years ago I'm pretty sure you would have been sectioned. I know he's not the same player at 37 and has lost a yard of pace, but he's still absolutely phenomenal, scored for fun in Serie A and 18 goals last season in the PL.

He's obviously desperate to play for a club in the Champions League though, fully expect him to end up somewhere like Atletico Madrid as Suarez's replacement, maybe a bit controversial with the Madridista's but given Mendes has strong ties there it seems like an obvious fit.

T

TheConcourse

Sorry mate did not realise that just a little sorry again if it caused any offence
I am also on them but thankfully they do the trick for me
Wish I had known foot in the mouth moment
Slightly off topic, but if you get the chance read Lost Connections by Johann Hari. Fantastic book.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think we might bring in another defender? Perhaps someone that can cover CB and full back, perhaps allowing someone like Mosquera out on loan? We were linked with Potsch a few weeks back and Akanji was mentioned on twitter, albeit very tenuously
Ethan Ampedu has been getting some mentions, think he'd fit the job spec

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t and I do feel awful now I have my own problems and would never have said if I had known sorry to him and any one else who read it

Fair mate and apologies for bringing it up how I did too bud.

Last edited:

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Belotti to Rome: "If you don't make up your mind this week, I won't wait any longer." (Tuttosport)

Apologies if already posted, but interesting given what we've offered him...
This would be a very unFosun signing. And if people are thinking for the short term we'd need to factor in his inevitable lack of match fitness: he's not had a club for weeks. Would likely be ready around the time Raul returns.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No chance of top six this season, don’t think anyone will break in despite Man Utd’s slow start. Even with an excellent transfer window I’d be very happy with 8-12th with the new signings bedded in and a tilt at a European place next season

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait till Jeff finds out Bruno nicked his cheque book
I am sure we will pay Bruno’s legal fees to mount an aggressive defence if he does find out with the nunes deal if he does this too!

It wouldn’t be a crime, it is an act of benefit to the community!

A modern day and footballing Robin Hood if you will!!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance of top six this season, don’t think anyone will break in despite Man Utd’s slow start. Even with an excellent transfer window I’d be very happy with 8-12th with the new signings bedded in and a tilt at a European place next season
After only two games, our average age of squad is at 24.7, 3rd youngest in the league, behind Arsenal and Southampton. I think in a year when the likes of Kilman, Collins, RAN, Nunes, Neto, MGW, Silva have another year's experience under the belt, we can seriously consider pushing for the top six. As you say, I'd just be happy with top half this season. New formation, 3-4 new players in that starting eleven, it's a big transitional year.

The short term concern is still with a lack of goals. A striker is clearly the main priority now, but we'll have to see what calibre of striker we can get in. As much faith as I have in Jimenez, it's a big ask to expect him to be the same player he was 2-3 years ago. Guedes will add goals, but we absolutely need a focal point.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sounds a little bit like trying to find a way to not give Fosun any credit! I can't imagine any investor would want major signings being made before they could have input, that's just not how football or investment generally works.
Not really, actually very sensible from Fosun. We cal all see something has changed and for the better.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mentioned on 24th June that we had a very good chance of getting Nunes after being told by my source. I've repeated over and over that we are definitely in for him and definitely have a chance over the last 2 months, but would have to be patient.

I didn't expect everything to happen so fast, knowing talks began yesterday, so it caught me a bit by surprise. But literally everything I was told about Nunes has checked out.
Any info on most likely striker ?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem comes from the fact he has a finite pool of players. Mendes has performed miracles for us, but our track record of recruiting outside of Mendes influence is very poor, and needs to improve.
His reach goes way past the players he or his agency represents, he facilities on behalf of others also. He was directly involved in 42 of the last 45 signings Fergie signed at united and he represented less than a third of them, he really is footballs Mr Fix it

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I’ve got no reason to really believe this but I say it’ll be a complete madness of Ramos AND one of the others!
Not madness. I've had a feeling we might get a couple of strikers in and allow Raul to leave. Bruno talked last season about not having the right profile of striker at the club, i.e. ones that score goals on a consistent basis at prem level. Jota and Raul pre-injury were the right profile. So can we rely on Raul to re-discover his pre injury level or do we go all out for a couple of proven finishers to rotate and cash in on Raul now?

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Not madness. I've had a feeling we might get a couple of strikers in and allow Raul to leave. Bruno talked last season about not having the right profile of striker at the club, i.e. ones that score goals on a consistent basis at prem level. Jota and Raul pre-injury were the right profile. So can we rely on Raul to re-discover his pre injury level or do we go all out for a couple of proven finishers to rotate and cash in on Raul now?
I think there’s room for 3, as 5 subs allows one to be on the bench which would maybe suit that older profile of player happy with that role (Ajorque?).

2 could start that gives more formation flexibility into Lage’s Benfica 442 if one of them is happy as a genuine 10 and supporting striker role.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion Jos is one of my favourite posters on here, always speaks his mind and clearly loves the club. But gets alot of unnecessary **** on here from other posters. Atleast your apologising and realise you made a mistake. I don't think alot of others on here would

CologneWolf

Reaction score
In my opinion Jos is one of my favourite posters on here, always speaks his mind and clearly loves the club. But gets alot of unnecessary **** on here from other posters. Atleast your apologising and realise you made a mistake. I don't think alot of others on here would
Having an opinion is not a mistake...

Even if it is wrong. :p

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the world of Jos. I don’t however think he needs to repeat himself on every thread like he does :)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Ait-Nouri
Neves Nunes Moutinho
Guedes Ramos Neto
Where does that team finish in the table?!
High! That's where it finishes!

With the sub options available we'd genuinely have a claim to having a squad that's 'best of the rest', so you'd expect it to be up around the European places somewhere. Still think to finish top six you need one of the usual suspects to have a bit of a horror season

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so traore has to go imo now you can't fit them all in.

nunes neves, moutinho as late game rotation, dendoncker, cups and fill in.

guedes neto mgw podence hwang chiquinho (when fit)

Raul new striker

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After only two games, our average age of squad is at 24.7, 3rd youngest in the league, behind Arsenal and Southampton. I think in a year when the likes of Kilman, Collins, RAN, Nunes, Neto, MGW, Silva have another year's experience under the belt, we can seriously consider pushing for the top six. As you say, I'd just be happy with top half this season. New formation, 3-4 new players in that starting eleven, it's a big transitional year.

The short term concern is still with a lack of goals. A striker is clearly the main priority now, but we'll have to see what calibre of striker we can get in. As much faith as I have in Jimenez, it's a big ask to expect him to be the same player he was 2-3 years ago. Guedes will add goals, but we absolutely need a focal point.
Good points but I would put us ending between 5th and 8th. If we get a striker ( Ramos?) I would be surprised if we aren't 6th or better.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having an opinion is not a mistake...

Even if it is wrong. :p
But it's not just an opinion when people call him out for no reason when he hasn't said anything just to belittle him or try wind him up. I have seen it happen on here numerous times. A disagreement of opinion is not a problem, Its a forum that's what it's for. The problem is the constant digs he recieves

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With about 10 games to go last season, the top 4 was by no means impossible but then put form fell off a cliff edge in no small part due to injuries. As I said in an earlier post I think top 6 is achievable probably at Yanited’s expense so long as we do not get a run of injuries to key players and the new boys settle in fairly quickly.

colincameron

Reaction score
Good points but I would put us ending between 5th and 8th. If we get a striker ( Ramos?) I would be surprised if we aren't 6th or better.
Agreed. Only City - Pool - Chelsea - Spuds - **** with stronger squads. Won’t accept any claims that Utd have a stronger squad than ours, had this argument the other week with someone even before Nunes and Guedes. Man for man we have a better team than Utd and SHOULD be finishing above them, no need to give them any undue respect anymore, they have invested poorly for years and we’ve invested well and have overtaken them. Simple. Openly never been a fan of Bruno but if his pull has managed to get some of these deals done then fair play, he has done really well for the club there. Big pressure on him to get the best out of these lot now, and while I do not think he is the man, I genuinely hope I am wrong and he has the masterplan, I really do.

Back
Top Bottom