Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not having a go at you mate but seems clear that your source is a bit off the pace

I mentioned on 24th June that we had a very good chance of getting Nunes after being told by my source. I've repeated over and over that we are definitely in for him and definitely have a chance over the last 2 months, but would have to be patient.

I didn't expect everything to happen so fast, knowing talks began yesterday, so it caught me a bit by surprise. But literally everything I was told about Nunes has checked out.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Not a cat in hell's chance Sellars has anything to do with Guedes or Nunes - This is all on Jorge and Jeff.
And Jorge had nothing to do with the Collins signing. Sellars was interviewed in length about that signing, so was clearly all over it. The two transfer strategies of using our own recruitment team for non iberian transfers and Uncle Jorge for others can co exist.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to say it but the Geordies are supposed to be favourites, putting together a x30m or so bid to buy Ramos.
I don’t believe for a second that the player would choose Newcastle over us.. especially knowing Lage and with our squad.

However, if Benfica want money now.. I do believe our preference will be a LTB. So that may be decision made

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If you were Patrick Cutrone, surely you’d be knocking on Bruno’s door saying “you know, I think I’ll work my nuts off up top for you. Forgive me please”

Wouldn’t you??
He ain't good enough, not work rate.
Honest guy who works hard, just not a good player.

Getting out from underneath his contract next season will be brilliant for our wage bill.

Should have big earners come off which will help a lot.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to say it but the Geordies are supposed to be favourites, putting together a £30m or so bid to buy Ramos.
But if the player doesn’t want to go to Newcastle they cannot force him.

If he wants wolves and we make a good offer the dream is still on.

The biggest offer on a house doesn’t always get to buy it, let’s remember that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ramos an interesting one, not as convinced as some tbh. Like idea of more experience.
Also to be frank unless Portugal have the greatest team ever for a decade going to be some of their players who aren't cut out for it.

Think I quite like Strausborg guy a bit more

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos an interesting one, not as convinced as some tbh. Like idea of more experience.
Also to be frank unless Portugal have the greatest team ever for a decade going to be some of their players who aren't cut out for it.

Think I quite like Strausborg guy a bit more
Ramos clearly isn't as oven ready as Nunes, but I do think he's comfortably more first team ready than Fabio Silva was. If the figure above is true, loan with obligation to buy for £30m, that's very good value. Ajorque probably gives us more now, but he'd also cost £15m and will be 29 this season, so unlikely to be any resale value there, and they can spread that Ramos fee over a longer contract.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ramos clearly isn't as oven ready as Nunes, but I do think he's comfortably more first team ready than Fabio Silva was. If the figure above is true, loan with obligation to buy for £30m, that's very good value. Ajorque probably gives us more now, but he'd also cost £15m and will be 29 this season, so unlikely to be any resale value there, and they can spread that Ramos fee over a longer contract.
Just not sure he is all that ready, looks very raw to me. Darwin Nunez who had a record that blew his out of the water looks like he isn't really ready yet.
We'll see though, wouldn't necessarily be against the signing

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Ait-Nouri
Neves Nunes Moutinho
Guedes Ramos Neto
Where does that team finish in the table?!

With a bench of

Sarkic, Jonny, Boly, Toti, Dendoncker, MGW, Adama, Podence, Raul

Reckon we’d have a shot at 7th again (just think the Big Six, with the exception of United who will surely improve at some point, are so so far ahead of everyone that 7th is the highest that any club can aim).

Realistically, still 7th-10th.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t follow much football these days (other than Wolves) and must confess I’ve never heard of these guys apart from on here. But, it’s pretty clear they’re very exciting signings.

It’s difficult to know whether we will see outgoings to balance the books. No word from the club, who I must admit have taken me completely by surprise.

Reactions: DPE

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's the big question... with names like that on the teamsheet all the pressure is on Bruno to deliver. Don't think many will accept lower than 6th.
Take liverpool and man city out of it, that team can start to compete with best of the rest. Puts us above man u and west ham, newcastle and villa, and on a good day competes with arsenal and spurs

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just not sure he is all that ready, looks very raw to me. Darwin Nunez who had a record that blew his out of the water looks like he isn't really ready yet.
We'll see though, wouldn't necessarily be against the signing
I wouldn't be against Ajorque at all, excellent feet for a big man, looks like he'd fit very well in this team. I think Ramos is all about that long term vision though. However it honestly sounds like the bloke on SSN who said we've bid for him is only reporting on our previous interest, and not that we've made a new bid for him.

Loan with obligation to buy certainly seems like a convenient loophole if we're tight against it for FFP and need to spread that money out though.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an absolute pile of ****.

We won't be signing him, and I don't want us to. But what a ludicrous statement that is.
Agreed. It's basically saying clubs who have been successful with Ronaldo have been successfully in spite of one of the greatest footballers of all time, and those that have failed is all because of Ronaldo. Just nonsensical.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I wouldn't be against Ajorque at all, excellent feet for a big man, looks like he'd fit very well in this team. I think Ramos is all about that long term vision though. However it honestly sounds like the bloke on SSN who said we've bid for him is only reporting on our previous interest, and not that we've made a new bid for him.

Loan with obligation to buy certainly seems like a convenient loophole if we're tight against it for FFP and need to spread that money out though.
Don't think we are particularly tight to FFP. Especially flipping Coady next year as he'd basically be pure FFP "profit" would literally be worth more in FFP terms than a £50M player on a 5 year deal

Back
Top Bottom