Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all very interesting and parking the two rather disappointing results from the first games for a second; the fact we have forked out almost £50m on two players without really selling any of our prized assets is very encouraging. Reportedly a further 3 first team ready players to come in over the next 2 weeks? WOW..... I really hope that my optimism is not suddenly crushed.

Was the "sell to buy" a bit of smoke and mirrors? Have we suddenly had some new investment? Thoughts anyone?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

As long as he performs and doesn't come here unwillingly...
Why would he come here unwillingly? He would just say no if he doesn't want to.

You'd guess we'd just put a release clause that is favourable for him, maybe £30M + 25% of profit to Sporting and a release of £50M.

Pocket £15M profit if he goes next year or year after.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Wolverhampton prepares new and final attack on Matheus Nunes. A meeting is expected in England this week to define the offer. Sporting does not sell for less than €45M. The player has already turned down an offer from West Ham last week and an approach from Wolves himself
if we keep attacking him is there any wonder he doesnt want to join !

Blast tyrant

Reaction score
I’d like to see if we could get Conor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. We saw how good he was last season at Palace. He’s only played about 5 minutes so far this season and needs first team football if he wants to get in the World Cup squad.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Its all very interesting and parking the two rather disappointing results from the first games for a second; the fact we have forked out almost £50m on two players without really selling any of our prized assets is very encouraging. Reportedly a further 3 first team ready players to come in over the next 2 weeks? WOW..... I really hope that my optimism is not suddenly crushed.

Was the "sell to buy" a bit of smoke and mirrors? Have we suddenly had some new investment? Thoughts anyone?

None of us actually have a clue what goes on.

Even I’ve said Neves will stay, MGW will stay and inferred there should have been money to spend this summer. However it’s all vibe based. I freely admit I know absolutely nothing.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think we have some assurances.

If we are taking a gamble and HOPING it will work out well... it's a huge mistake imo. If we are making a calculated decision based on assurances made, then that's fine..... imo.
Has to be Hope until they’ve signed. Either player can say no, or another club ( Man U, Newcastle, Forest etc) can come in for them or, in last week, club puts price up and plays hardball (like Botman).

I’m comforted by your alignment with Bruno’s be patient, just hope we have a Plan B if first choices don’t come off and second choices have already been snapped up by Forest.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Uncle Jorge will know if he wants to come or not so we could be in with a chance.
Absolutely. It’s worth remembering that Boly and Jota had to be convinced, and Neves as well. He’s been waiting to see if a top Champions League club come in for him which I understand. I’m sure his child hood dream wasn’t to play for Wolverhampton, in fact I imagine he’s had to Google it because until 5 years ago I am fairly sure the majority of Portuguese players and fans had no idea about us. As others have said a decent release clause if we don’t achieve certain criteria as well to make it attractive.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to think we have some assurances.

If we are taking a gamble and HOPING it will work out well... it's a huge mistake imo. If we are making a calculated decision based on assurances made, then that's fine..... imo.
I think they'll go all out for Nunes this week, since it's their "final attack" for him. If he turns us down again, we move onto other targets, and don't let it drag into the last days of the transfer window, and end up with another situation like we had last season with numerous targets turning us down or deals collapsing on the final day (Caleta-Car, Botman, Sanches, Kamara etc.).

It's unfortunate if he turns us down again, but by giving this ultimatum this week, we can move onto pursuing other targets with plenty of time left in the transfer window.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont think ive seen anywhere that 3 first teamers are coming in
Speculation based on Bruno saying he wants 3/4 more players only
Nunes wont happen imo,too much for a player that doesnt want to come
We need a striker and midfielder ofc,and they hopefully will happen but i really cant see any more than that

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Uncle Jorge will know if he wants to come or not so we could be in with a chance.
Good point but we don’t want him to come reluctantly.
Mind you, if he plays great then where his head is doesn’t matter, I suppose.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even on that he’s right though. Perhaps buying Guedes makes sense if we sell Traore and MGW. Otherwise a centre forward and midfielder would seem to be much greater priorities.

I agree on priorities but Tim’s inference was that it was a favour to Mendes.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even on that he’s right though. Perhaps buying Guedes makes sense if we sell Traore and MGW. Otherwise a centre forward and midfielder would seem to be much greater priorities.
Maybe priorities were end-product/goals.. I don’t think just because Guedes can play wide means he had the same output as other players.

Traore clearly didn’t have end product, but had value in other ways. I think the hope with Guedes is he adds significant goals and assists

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
No idea, but SURELY the presence of Jorge Mendes & Guop at the ground in the last couple of weeks HAVE to be positive signs? Tunes is clearly unsure about 'our project', but no doubt Neves & our Portuguese contingent will be trying to persuade too? I hope that if he eventually turns us down, Jorge will be a major player in getting us a good comparable back-up and NOT leave us scrabbling around for ANY old alternative. Meanwhile, the season goes on. A CF before the weekend would be nice....

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just be mindful that this "final attack" is coming from a football journalist. Everything a football journalist says should be taken with a pinch of salt

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Devil’s advocate to the people worried about going into our third game without a striker. (Because ideal world, I agree, we’d have one by now.) Even if we lose against Spurs because of a lack of striker, we’re still one point better off than the first three games last season. And what cost us europe last year was the run in.

IMO the failing of last summer’s window wasn’t the waiting, it was the hesitation when the time came. Botman by accounts was available for an extra 5 million. The deal for Sanches was all but done, but the club backed out of the ‘gamble’ on signing an injured player. Get those two decisions right and imo we finish 6th last season.

So I am 100% fine with waiting on our top targets, for the sake of having the best options available for the rest of the season. As long as Jeff/whoever doesn’t hesitate when the moment comes to sign them.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Mendes COULD have been at the ground of a host of clubs with whom he does business on Saturday ... but he was at OURS. Must be a good reason. (Just hope he wasn't here to tell some of his clients presently with us of some opportunities elsewhere...!!!)

Reactions: DPE

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's going to take a few months to get the team up to speed, we have a few players coming off the back of injuries, some serious others who keep getting little niggles, and then the new signings with hopefully a few more to come who need to bed in. I've kind of written this season off as a transitional one, I just hope I'm right and it will all start to click and we aren't in the **** come the end of the season

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Mendes COULD have been at the ground of a host of clubs with whom he does business on Saturday ... but he was at OURS. Must be a good reason. (Just hope he wasn't here to tell some of his clients presently with us of some opportunities elsewhere...!!!)
Another poster on here , pictured with Mendes , reckons he was told by Mendes that good things would happen in the next 3 weeks.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, Sporting haven't accepted a bid? Or the player doesn't want to come here? Or both?

It would seem that a player who is not happy to sign is a bit of a moot point when the club haven't got to accepting the offer yet.

I'm aware that oftentimes personal terms can be agreed before a transfer takes place, but it seems as if we are putting the cart before the horse with this one.

Of course all bets are off if he doesn't want to come, but this seems a bit protracted to be honest.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lots of speculation about the Fosun and Mendes entourages.

I hate to **** on a lot of bonfires, but it could just be that they were all there to see Guedes's debut.

I'd imagine Mendes attends most debuts for his top clients and Guo would have sanctioned the deal, so maybe wanted to be there too.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm guessing Jorge will know if a Nunes move to Wolves is a realistic proposition and his visit to Molineux on Saturday was to facilitate things. If the move is unlikely then we will have moved on already. I know moves can breakdown at the last minute but I believe after Saturday that this is a goer

Back
Top Bottom