Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

CologneWolf

Reaction score
If players like Winks are a dime a dozen, why haven’t we signed any of them? Who are they?
We could offer them Traore in straight exchange?
In my opinion we already have 2 supplemental players(moutinho and Donk) to Neves who are in that mould. No need for another. As others have said it’s probably best we are on the hunt for a Cm who offers different attributes in areas we are lacking.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We definitely don't need a Winger, wide forward whatever we call them.... podence, Neto, guedes, Gibbs, hwang and traore......thats plenty..........if adama left maybe but I don't think he will....

I'm not one to worry but an injury to Jose Sa or Rayan would definitely make me panic a bit.....

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We definitely don't need a Winger, wide forward whatever we call them.... podence, Neto, guedes, Gibbs, hwang and traore......thats plenty..........if adama left maybe but I don't think he will....

I'm not one to worry but an injury to Jose Sa or Rayan would definitely make me panic a bit.....
I can imagine a young winger and Traore going this window. (Say Osorio).

Then - when all fit and playing 4-2-3-1 the team and subs are:

Raul
Neto Podence Guedes

New Striker
Hwang MGW Young winger

let’s Campbell go on loan. If Traore stays then I agree no more needed.

With 5 subs and higher intensity the ability to change 3 or more of front 4 will be key.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So now we have lost out on Hwang 2.

Maybe you're being tongue in cheek or maybe not but have we lost out? Possible we decided not to pursue like we did with Palinha when seemed likely Neves staying?

Being optimistic i hope this means positive news re preferred option whoever that may be.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you're being tongue in cheek or maybe not but have we lost out? Possible we decided not to pursue like we did with Palinha when seemed likely Neves staying?

Being optimistic i hope this means positive news re preferred option whoever that may be.
I agree, I think if we were after him still he would of picked us over Forest to be with his m8.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is the hope that kills you, but at the same time, it's becoming clearer that if one of the big clubs doesn't come in for him at the end of the window, then I think we've put in the groundwork to convince him of the Wolves project. It also helps that his agent is firmly in our corner, but Mendes will always do what's best for his own players so ultimately it will come down to us convincing Nunes that we can match his ambitions.

I just hope we don't put all our eggs into one basket, as we did last year with Renato Sanches. It's good to aim high, but at the same time there absolutely cannot be a repeat of last year where it seemed we had no contingency plan when moves for a CB and CM fell through. We really can't afford to let targets drag it out to the last day of the transfer window and then get cold feet again.
I doubt it’s Wolves letting it drag out to the last day? I think they’d prefere to get it all done on day one if they had their druthers.
Its not just us waiting….Bruno, Jeff etc are all kept waiting too…….and waiting………more waiting….

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Words from Bruno

On the transfer window

“It will be one more time; patience and trust. Patience because we still have 20 days until the end of the transfer window and trust in us, in our work, and judge the work we are doing at the start of this season at the end of this transfer window. That’s what I’ll ask – patience and time.

“We need to evolve the players, some players go, some players are coming and I have big trust in the work we are doing to convince three or four players to come and to play for Wolves. After time, for players to get fit, for players like Raul [Jimenez] and Joao [Moutinho] to recover from injuries, and for Semedo and Adama [Traore] to improve their fitness because they didn’t do a pre-season and work this new dynamic and new system with these players.”

On strengthening his squad

“Every time, it’s an opportunity to make a deal. We know what is important, we know what we are doing, we know what positions we need to improve, we know what kind of players we want to bring – I don’t want to bring players just to make a squad, they have to come to improve and be competitive.

“I would have liked to have all the players before pre-season and before going to Spain and Portugal, but in these days, it doesn’t work like that. We have to be patient and we need to find the best targets, the best deals, and we are doing that.

“We’ve already brought two good players to help us, Collins and Guedes, and I hope we can convince other ones to come and join us.”

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way anymore. Clubs don't got to Clubs before player.

Clubs go to player first, get the vibe and then go to the club.

I imagine what's happened here is they have gone to Nunes, he's said No Thanks, then they've gone to Sporting with a low offer which has been rejected in order to save some face.
Why would they need to lie or have a need to save face?
There‘s no shame in having a player or club saying “ No thanks”.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fwiw this is exactly what I've heard. Sell to buy is no longer (for how long, no idea) the mantra. Players are still available for the right price but it's different now.

So I heard anyway
Is that the info you heard on the day we signed Guedes? I can remember you were quite excited about something in addition to Guedes but said you couldn’t say.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Couple of South Americans?

It was 3 South Americans. Osario, Renan and Alacaraz. And it was apparently the plan to sign them, as I said at the time, without the names. Since then... nothing other than murmurs of complicated agent structures holding things up.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooohhh, what I've heard predated that, but only would imagine that's the reason for the sudden renewed interest.

I was so despondent after the Leeds defeat but it's been a very positive week for Wolves. We needed it.

Getting Fosun to see us as more than an asset to be sold in due course is worth more than any one signing or any one result

D

Deleted member (smith)

Very unpredictable situation….today five large Chinese companies decided to delist in New York….the Taiwan situation has caused us/ China tension….of course china needs global trade partners and their support of Russia and North Korea maybe in conflict with uk. But since Brexit , UK also needs improved worldwide trading partners.

As I said unpredictable but global politics will impact Wolverhampton Wanderers one way or another.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic is 100% the back up. New contract and they've even put the Montenegro flag up at Molineux
[/QUOTE]
Yes I nw he is....just worries me cause he seems injury prone....

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feeling alot more upbeat after brunos presser...guedes wouldnt have come and signed for 5 years without being told about big ambition...feel we will have a stronger team and a strong bench come transfer window clos4...maybe ramos .maybe nunes and maybe a treat or two psg

Having now said that i can also see a senario on transfer deadline day that i will be putting the swear filter to its test !

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wants 3 or 4 and injured players back fit, including name checking Adama in that.

It’s going to be an interesting few weeks, things seem to sound positive but with last years debacle still in mind let’s hope they produce the goods this summer.
What Bruno wants and what Bruno gets are two different things.....hopefully not though

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping Nunes appreciates that playing in the Premier League is an infinitely better shop window than the Portuguese league.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Words from Bruno

On the transfer window

“It will be one more time; patience and trust. Patience because we still have 20 days until the end of the transfer window and trust in us, in our work, and judge the work we are doing at the start of this season at the end of this transfer window. That’s what I’ll ask – patience and time.

“We need to evolve the players, some players go, some players are coming and I have big trust in the work we are doing to convince three or four players to come and to play for Wolves. After time, for players to get fit, for players like Raul [Jimenez] and Joao [Moutinho] to recover from injuries, and for Semedo and Adama [Traore] to improve their fitness because they didn’t do a pre-season and work this new dynamic and new system with these players.”

On strengthening his squad

“Every time, it’s an opportunity to make a deal. We know what is important, we know what we are doing, we know what positions we need to improve, we know what kind of players we want to bring – I don’t want to bring players just to make a squad, they have to come to improve and be competitive.

“I would have liked to have all the players before pre-season and before going to Spain and Portugal, but in these days, it doesn’t work like that. We have to be patient and we need to find the best targets, the best deals, and we are doing that.

“We’ve already brought two good players to help us, Collins and Guedes, and I hope we can convince other ones to come and join us.”

Very positive

Back
Top Bottom