Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine both players are looking at better clubs than Newcastle at present also.

I think this is the problem that as fans isn’t always considered. Getting a) players that are available b) at a realistic price c) within a wage structure d) want to join e) improve us Is not as easy as people think especially as those sorts of players will also be on the radar of many other clubs both bigger than us and with a wider budget.
Guedes stated that the Wolves Portuguese contingent was a big factor in him coming to Wolves so think that factor could still give us the edge over Newcastle and others in getting compatriots like Ramos.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to that data Conor Gallagher is *****. Really?
I think they’re different players as Traore (like all Traores) can dribble whilst Gallagher is more of a passer. Also Gallagher will be marked down because there will be games where he was less effective because of the opposition. Didn’t Palace go on an awful run as well until they played us which would have counted against him. Whilst Traore was relegated with Metz the standard of the league means he could still put in good performances.

It would be useful to have a player who runs around chasing the ball as that’s something we haven’t got and is exactly what Gallagher did against us at Molineux, they played a 3 and he just ran around chasing down everything whilst the other 2 kept the shape. Ideal for Mouts and Neves.

Anyone know whether there will be issues with work permit as he’s 20 and hasn’t played a full international for Mali. Presume Ligue 1 games counts in his favour.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes stated that the Wolves Portuguese contingent was a big factor in him coming to Wolves so think that factor could still give us the edge over Newcastle and others in getting compatriots like Ramos.
It’s a help but if for instance it had been any of the top 6 in for him he’d more than likely have gone there.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the player i hope we get. Brest have offered 1 million more than us but he wants the premier league.
Looks very one paced to me, and will be 30 in a couple of weeks, so won't be any return on the fee we pay. I'd hope we'd be a bit more ambitious. Not really a target man that can link the play either. Honestly might as well save our money and bring Cutrone back into the fold.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is the player i hope we get. Brest have offered 1 million more than us but he wants the premier league.
With the transfer window still open and The Gas and City still with aspirations this season, maybe there will be a couple of late bids from both Bristols

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps not the best source, but if we could get him for a cut price £15-20m I'd do it in a heartbeat. He can play across the front four, most likely wouldn't have to move, fantastic all around game and 25 goals in his last two seasons in the PL with an average Villa side.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps not the best source, but if we could get him for a cut price £15-20m I'd do it in a heartbeat. He can play across the front four, most likely wouldn't have to move, fantastic all around game and 25 goals in his last two seasons in the PL with an average Villa side.
Gerard seems to be falling out with quite a few of his team. Wouldn’t say no but would probably look for a taller centre forward.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree, think he would be great competition for Raul and on last season a definite upgrade

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gerard seems to be falling out with quite a few of his team. Wouldn’t say no but would probably look for a taller centre forward.
Thought he was taller than the 1.8 Google just told me lol, I thought he was about 6'1 still would def take him tho. Hopefully he's settled in the area and doesn't want to move to far lol

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's no way they sell him for 15/20m

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Rumours back on the menu

Original tweet body:

While his teammate H. Diallo is attracting strong and concrete interest from Salernitana, #Ajorque has been the subject of an offer from #Wolverhampton. After the arrival of the Valencian Guedes, the Wolves offered nearly 12 M€, but #Strasbourg refused. #Mercato #RCSA

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rumours back on the menu

Original tweet body:

While his teammate H. Diallo is attracting strong and concrete interest from Salernitana, #Ajorque has been the subject of an offer from #Wolverhampton. After the arrival of the Valencian Guedes, the Wolves offered nearly 12 M€, but #Strasbourg refused. #Mercato #RCSA
Yes please. Gives us something different, big target man that has good feet and deceptively quick. Hopefully we go back in for him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep not convinced he’s the sort of forward we need.

I had a bet pre season for Gerrard to be first sacked in the prem, I’m convinced it’ll happen. His record despite spending millions is very average and their fans are already restless

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes please. Gives us something different, big target man that has good feet and deceptively quick. Hopefully we go back in for him.

I got drunk with another fella
Who'd just brought up a previous paella
He wanted a fight but said they were yella'
...in Ajorque

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes is a proven international with serious pace who can also play through the middle. MGW is unproven at Premier League level but has potential. I know which I would prefer; the more so if we can get more for MGW than we paid for Guedes.
Okay,we differ in opinion here I guess.
Personally I am more interested in the potential that MGW seems to have..and it is something he partly proved at Blades last season allready IMHO.
Guedes is the known unit,while MGW is unknown so to speak.
Are you saying that you wouldn´t mind us selling MGW for say..30 Mill to Forest because we have invested 27.5 Mill in Guedes?
There is very little upside in those prices for Guedes.We know this.
There might be are huge upside regarding MGW though..

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. Sadly, we are not as an attractive option, as Newcastle say, at this moment in time.
I think we are potentially attractive to Ramos, given our large Portuguese contingent. It should make settling in a new country much easier. Edit: I think the issue may be getting Benfica agree to a loan.

Last edited:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone we sign may have a spell on the bench,its football no one is a guaranteed starter
Raul has been far from at his best,Neto is still getting back from injury,and i dont really see Guedes as either position tbh
Must admit i dont enough about his playing style to be confident of anything,but going on the few clips ive seen of him,he will play more of a roaming 8 just behind the forwards
MGW/Pod far more the position he will take but not necessarily so ,guess we wait till he pulls on the shirt eh?
I hear you.
However,I am confused.
Is Guedes primaly bought in order for him to be an upgrade on MGW and Podence?
Just how much of an upgrade is he then..I mean,it is not like if Guedes is a totally unknown player.
We can pretty much expect to get what we can allready detect from his earlier career so to speak.

Must say that I prefer if we make room for the further potential development that MGW might be able to produce.
For me..the potential upside seems far greater with MGW than with Guedes.
It is a chance(debatable if it even is a chance)I am more than willing to take.

I do have a problem with where exactly Guedes is gonna fit in with us.
His further potential also seems somewhat limited..and we paid 27,5 Mill for it.

Sounds all wrong to me..but I might very well be wrong.

We´ll have to wait and see I guess.it will all be revealed in time.

Back
Top Bottom