Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to the club the issue with the Batshyi (spelt wrong) deal is an issue between Chelsea and the player and the fact his contract is so close to running down.

We have put a good proposal forward that Chelsea and the player would take, but the contract and the fact it is up soon is the hold up. Very similar to Fabio silva contract getting sorted before he left on loan.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Bellotti has blown us out for Roma, mate.
He will probably still go there but there's a last minute hiccup that's paused it for now.

Roma need to get Shomurodov off their books before they can bring in Belotti. They had a loan deal in place with Bologna to do that but last night Bologna moved the goal posts and are now insisting a buy clause is added.

As I said, it's a hiccup that'll most likely get worked out in the next 48 hours however as of this morning, the Belotti to Roma deal is not done.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendonker looked decent on sat, our midfield had a decent balance. If we are playing such an attacking system with wing backs as full backs and 4 attackers, the last thing we need is a ball carrying midfielder in there.

We do need more options in cm, but I think we're ok for a couple more weeks, unlike a striker which we desperately need.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Dendonker looked decent on sat, our midfield had a decent balance. If we are playing such an attacking system with wing backs as full backs and 4 attackers, the last thing we need is a ball carrying midfielder in there.

We do need more options in cm, but I think we're ok for a couple more weeks, unlike a striker which we desperately need.
This. But most people have their minds made up on Donck from watching him try to play a role that doesn't suit him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. He's not the player he was. I dont think he could handle the Premier League
My feelings exactly. Rare for forwards to come from Italy and do well. The almost walking pace of Serie A compared to the EPL comes as a massive shock to most. I think if he’d signed wolves fans would be crucifying him after a few games for not pressing opposition defenders which just isn’t a thing in Italy.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK..got it.
You are sure he is an upgrade on MGW then I recon.
If not so,then what?

I want to underline my impression that we have somewhat limit funds to buy players for.
I can´t say that I support the signing of a player whose biggest pro seems to be that he is versatile,if it has a negative impact on our ability to make another signing for another position in the team that to me it looks like we might need it even more.

I do hope we find good use of Guedes,and that he proves to be a big hit with us.
I never thought Raul would make it in Prem surroundings when we bought him for example..so what do I know?..:)

It´s just that IF Guedes proves not to be able to outcompete MGW for example and is benched for large amount of times then 27,5 Mill seems alot of money.
Guedes is a proven international with serious pace who can also play through the middle. MGW is unproven at Premier League level but has potential. I know which I would prefer; the more so if we can get more for MGW than we paid for Guedes.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm..is Guedes good enough to make a difference?
Genuine question..I can´t recall seeing him in action at all.
Stats is one thing..he doesn´t seem to be able to score any great amount of goals I recon.
Seems he might be able to score about..five goals per season in Premier League surrounding?
Will he be on the bench when Raul comes back in decent form?
Can´t see Guedes getting chosen over Raul and Neto longer term.
I do understand we need depth in squad..but 27,5 Mill seems alot of cash for a player that might be sitting on the bench?
Anyone we sign may have a spell on the bench,its football no one is a guaranteed starter
Raul has been far from at his best,Neto is still getting back from injury,and i dont really see Guedes as either position tbh
Must admit i dont enough about his playing style to be confident of anything,but going on the few clips ive seen of him,he will play more of a roaming 8 just behind the forwards
MGW/Pod far more the position he will take but not necessarily so ,guess we wait till he pulls on the shirt eh?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If and when we have a full side
Neto Raul MGW
Guedes
Neves Mouts
RAN Kilman Collins Semedo

Add another striker and CM and we set

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca fans would suggest otherwise!

He's solid defensively, got made a fool of by Alphonso Davies like many other full backs have and will. The rest of the Barca team didn't cover themselves in glory that game either and I never listen to Barca fans opinions about anything they live in a fantasy land hence their board actions!!

Back
Top Bottom