Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

T

TheConcourse

The issue for Coady would have been that Bruno wants to shift to Four at the back, a centre half has been bought to play that system and we have a young centre half already at the club who's as good as I've seen at Molineux in my 35 years supporting.

Coady will have see that, and with it seen the writing on the wall. Conversations would have been had and the decision to move on has been made, quite clearly by the club and the player, somewhat mutually.

I'm not particularly bothered by the loan, I see Everton staying up with the promoted 3 going down.

He needs to make a move for England, that's great. But Kilman's the better player and even Southgate will recognise that too.
Yeah, it feels mutual. Fair point.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I am confused. If we need to ‘sell to buy’ because we don’t have cash, why - if Everton are desperate for a CH - are we not insisting on a SALE of Coady in order to find purchases? What possible benefit is a ‘loan’ to us - a club already short of players?

dennison11

Reaction score
It aint us. I have previously said I am a happy clapper and back FOSUN to do the right thing but after our bench lost the game today I have officially switched. Can't believe it has got to this point. Our starting 11 is one of the best outside the top 6 when everyone is fit and available, outside of that, **** only knows.

I hope its just the drink talking and am back to my positive self tomorrow but am feeling so **** about our team right now I am dreading this season
Replying to myself here, the drink was talking yes but after the announcement today I may have to reign in such pessimism. Still need a couple more but it's a step in the right direction

T

TheConcourse

I am confused. If we need to ‘sell to buy’ because we don’t have cash, why - if Everton are desperate for a CH - are we not insisting on a SALE of Coady in order to find purchases? What possible benefit is a ‘loan’ to us - a club already short of players?
Probably not having a captain around the place sulking because his WC hopes are slipping away. He’s the biggest voice and probably the biggest risk for harmony in the dressing room if things don’t go his way.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Replying to myself here, the drink was talking yes but after the announcement today I may have to reign in such pessimism. Still need a couple more but it's a step in the right direction
You are most certainly not alone. I think this window has tested the most optimistic of us.
We all, collectively understand the drop off in momentum we as a club have experienced these past months/years and whilst our league position has arguably flattered us on occasion (a testament to the hard work of our players and management) we have been in urgent need of freshening up.
Senior players to compete for senior places in the most demanding league in the world.
Relief is all I'm feeling right now.
A very very positive move signing Guedes.
It shows intent, it shows that they really are willing to buy at the right price.
A word for Captain fantastic...
What a player
What a captain
But most of all, what an absolute legend of a man.
We have been blessed to see the likes of Neves and moutinho in old gold but our Coady plays straight from the heart... Every game, every minute he has spent on that pitch has been 100% effort and I wish him the very best.
Thanks cap xxx

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was speaking to my mate who has inside info via WhatsApp about MGW and why he played poorly yesterday, I thought it might be what's going on in his head:

Wolves won’t increase his salary, so he won’t negotiate a new contract and Forest or Palace or others will easily double or more his wages. Bound to get you thinking
I don’t want to believe that, as he looks like he has really grown up on his loan but if that is true…..

During a time of a cost of living crisis that is hurting those who contribute to his wages when money is tight far more than he will ever know and he is financially going to be set for life that type of thing affects his performance…..
That smacks of Cashley Cole and I wouldn’t want him at the club……

I just hope that is total *******s!!!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Guo's visit to Portugal has resulted in an injection of cash or Jeff being told to spend.

Last edited:

Madmalc

Reaction score
It really is criminal that we didn't sign him.
He would never of got any game time. No one is ever going to dislodge Neves, Moutinho or Dendoncker. If two of them were injured we'd play 4 - 1 - 3 - 2, with a one man midfield.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Guedes is a done deal I understand? Any progress on Nico Gonzalez?
Is Batshuayi still a possibility? Not had Internet today.
And, finally, who are the best Wolves fans? Please don't answer this one!!

Madmalc

Reaction score
No I think it will be one or both of Coady and Gibbs White to leave.
I agree we don't want proven English premier league players or an English championship player with 12 goals a d 10 assists when we can **** 50m up the wall on Nunes with no more that 5 goal contributions in each of the last 2 years. Albeit they were achieved in a much higher league than the Prem.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we take a moment to just recognise, irrespective of anything else, what a truly magnificent servant Coady has been for Wolves.

Arguably in the top 10 most influential / impactful players of the last 40 years.

Thank you.
This.

I can remember watching a behind the scenes documentary from our famous Liverpool FA Cup victory up at Anfield.

Maybe someone could post a link please?

Don't think Conor played that day (might be wrong) ... but what was clear from the footage was that he was an exceptional human being and a natural born leader.

He has done himself and the club proud.

Thanks Conor ... and the best of British to you.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama as well. Just incredible stupidity.

I just think the potential Coady loan is different to Adama.

I don't agree anyway that the Adama loan was stupid, Adama really wanted that opportunity and he may well have downed tools if he missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was a bold move by Jeff that may have made us an additional £20m, but it didn't work for either Adama or wolves. But I don't blame them for trying. Image being in Jeff's position and you had a 20/30% chance of turning this summer's £10m into £30m - is it not worth a punt?

But the Coady thing is very different. He is on a longer contract (2025 I think?). So even if he doesn't make the switch he will still either be useful or have some resale value. Besides most people of here have been trying to get rid for years.

There is no doubt Bruno has always wanted to go four at the back and Collins and Kilman can be that partnership for a almost decade based on their age. With the other two centre backs we have more than enough cover, but we could really use Coady's wages (plus loan fee) to better effect in other positions.

I just think we have to assess everything when the window closes.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found it, in an article about Lee Charnley joining them in some role.

"Forest are edging closer to meeting Wolves' £40m valuation of the 22-year-old, who excelled on loan at Sheffield United last season. Saturday's defeat suggested Cooper could do with at least one more attacking option after a display where Sam Surridge missed at least two decent chances. Smashing the club's transfer record to take their summer spending to the verge of £150m by landing Gibbs-White would be some statement of intent. "

MontyR

Reaction score

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think the potential Coady loan is different to Adama.

I don't agree anyway that the Adama loan was stupid, Adama really wanted that opportunity and he may well have downed tools if he missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was a bold move by Jeff that may have made us an additional £20m, but it didn't work for either Adama or wolves. But I don't blame them for trying. Image being in Jeff's position and you had a 20/30% chance of turning this summer's £10m into £30m - is it not worth a punt?

But the Coady thing is very different. He is on a longer contract (2025 I think?). So even if he doesn't make the switch he will still either be useful or have some resale value. Besides most people of here have been trying to get rid for years.

There is no doubt Bruno has always wanted to go four at the back and Collins and Kilman can be that partnership for a almost decade based on their age. With the other two centre backs we have more than enough cover, but we could really use Coady's wages (plus loan fee) to better effect in other positions.

I just think we have to assess everything when the window closes.
Hmmmmmm. No, it's a rubbish deal. Everton really need a centre back, its a good move for Coady, but they should pay ... up front, with real money, not an IOU.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Perhaps we're not so short of cash as is made out.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Gibbs-White but £40million is ridiculous. If the add-ons are achievable, such as staying in the Premier League, then I think Wolves would have to take it. We'd need to replace him though even with Guedes coming in.

It's no wonder clubs shop abroad.

Back
Top Bottom