Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems obvious that the real push behind Coady's departure is his own wish to ensure he gets to go to the World Cup in 3 months' time. It is an unusual situation and has probably had a great influence on what players have been content to stay at a club and what players have been keen to find a club ASAP. It's probably played into our hands with Neves, but with Coady it's gone against us.

In a non-World Cup year, he probably sucks it up, tries to fight for his place and continues to show that he is a leader behind the scenes, at least until January comes around.

Against the backdrop of potentially missing out on being part of a World Cup for probably the only time in his life, it's not very surprising that he is keen to depart, especially when he has a suitor in his home city.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen says it’s an option not an obligation, by the way.

I seen on Twitter that's its an option that turns into an obligation with them staying up and him playing x amount of games.

If he's that good he'll surely play. Then if they go down, a newly promoted team or sombody else will pay the fee

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seen on Twitter that's its an option that turns into an obligation with them staying up and him playing x amount of games.

If he's that good he'll surely play. Then if they go down, a newly promoted team or sombody else will pay the fee
Be interesting to see how many games are required.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're playing a back 3 currently with one defender out for most of the season and the other being Yerry Mina, who spends more time in the treatment room than anyone else. He'll easily get the apperance clause. As for the staying up ? Tarkowski - Coady - Keane/Holgate wouldnt fill me with confidence at all

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t follow or watch enough of Everton to know, but how likely is it he will play regularly? Do they play a back 5 like we did and that’s why he thinks he stands a better chance of playing in the World Cup?

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
12 million would be an absolute steal for Everton, especially if they are playing a 3. They are getting one of the best sweepers in the league, who is also an excellent captain and organiser and more importantly for them will improve their culture and set standards. He's worth more than that, cant help thinking we are doing him a favour to get him a move after his service to us.
Exactly that - but we should try to get closer to £20m

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score

As it's a loan, does he remain on our books for the 'homegrown' quota? And he can't play against us

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're also making one of our rivals stronger and taking a massive risk on the 4 at the back working out, which needs a hell of a lot of work going by yesterday, just to save on wages, don't make sense to me and a big risk. If we had got a decent transfer fee for him, I could probably see it
**** me we have just signed guedes and are looking to evolve because the last two years have been ****e largely because we have lost many of the aspects of our play that made 5 at the back successful , coady is clearly a great bloke and an infectious character but our play has been passive and slow the last 2 years and i got sick to death of hearing him shout back , back , back ( as in play it back ) throughout games , he excelled because nuno played to his strengths and it fitted our system , it doesn’t anymore and may not fit anyone else’s either , we will see

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't blame coady for pushing the move , he wants to play , he's from Liverpool and Liverpool is a great place to live

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
If we sign Saša Kalajdžić from Stuttgart, completely out of the blue in the next few days, then I reckon MolineuxInsider (or whatever they're called) really is Sellars.

I can just picture him sitting in the pub, looking at the Mix and checking #wwfc on his phone, before drunkenly telling random people Collins will be our only signing this transfer window :smile:

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t see how a loan with an option to buy, or if Everton stay up is any good, as he’d likely be coming back to us - and much as I love the guy, that’s not the point of all this.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do you know he can’t play in a two?

You’re assuming a lot here and underselling his considerable attributes. Lots of respect for your knowledge but find your lack of appreciation for Coady unbelievable.
He’s not fast enough or good enough in the air. Tammi Abraham’s hatrick at Molineux and Watfords winning goal at Wembley are clear examples.

Coady has been a greAt player and leader for us but we need to play 4 at the back and yes if weee in trouble come October then Collins can play that role with another of our younger players or Boly coming in

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sign Saša Kalajdžić from Stuttgart, completely out of the blue in the next few days, then I reckon MolineuxInsider (or whatever they're called) really is Sellars.

I can just picture him sitting in the pub, looking at the Mix and checking #wwfc on his phone, before drunkenly telling random people Collins will be our only signing this transfer window :smile:
6 foot 7 goal machine

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As awful as our bench was yesterday, can you imagine what it will look like against Fulham if Conor goes, no one comes in and none of our injured players have recovered!

Things must be happening this week regarding incomings. They must be!

Totally agree. Does not bear thinking about no additions this week. To me we need Guedes, Batshuayi and a central midfield player through the door this week.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People advocating selling Coady because we need to evolve the team…..

Do you think we could buy a back up CB of his quality for £12m? The next option to come in if either CB gets injured or we go to 5 at the back is Boly.

Not having Mosquera or Toti as quality backup just yet.

If he wants to go to get first team football, and isn’t happy being back up then that’s fair enough. He has my best wishes. But if this is the club trying to claw back some cash up front, then this is robbery.
This is only happening because Coady sees the writing on the wall and is pushing hard

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're playing a back 3 currently with one defender out for most of the season and the other being Yerry Mina, who spends more time in the treatment room than anyone else. He'll easily get the apperance clause. As for the staying up ? Tarkowski - Coady - Keane/Holgate wouldnt fill me with confidence at all
Me neither mate , to me nuno created a system and coady was put in there to do a specific job , his job in that system was to specifically to play cross field balls either for our wide forwards or for doc to win headers and also he had the ability to play balls over the top for the likes of afobe and jota to get in behind , I’m not even sure if he would do well anywhere else in a back 5 let alone a 4 purely because he was found a role that was an important cog in that particular system and he will prob never be asked to play that exact role again …

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see how a loan with an option to buy, or if Everton stay up is any good, as he’d likely be coming back to us - and much as I love the guy, that’s not the point of all this.
Except if no one wants to actually put hard cash on the table right now do we really have an option ? He isn’t going to play whether we play a 5 or a 4 because Bruno will pick players who can press and bring the ball out from the back , so we end up with an uphappy player who may be jeopardising his front row seat watching England fail in yet another World Cup !!!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Except if no one wants to actually put hard cash on the table right now do we really have an option ? He isn’t going to play whether we play a 5 or a 4 because Bruno will pick players who can press and bring the ball out from the back , so we end up with an uphappy player who may be jeopardising his front row seat watching England fail in yet another World Cup !!!
I do get that, and normally I’d agree with you- but Everton are desperate for him, so whilst we couldn’t go crazy and ask for £20m, I think we could insist on it being a permanent move (or an obligation to buy)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You claim to be a Wolves fan yet systematically slag off our players. I wonder if you'd try that in a Wolvo pub or at Molineux? I suspect that you would need a dental appointment if you did. A definite ignore - l don't need to read utter crap.
Most Wolves fans I know have been saying Coady needs to move on if we are going to progress for ages, same as with Doherty, and it isn't just me that's mentioned it on this thread either

T

TheConcourse

In all of this, and for all of the talk about leadership, it seems that leader numero uno in many fans eyes has driven a move away when the going gets tough rather than staying to fight for his spot.

Interesting.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Guedes joins. I've never been a huge fan. Hope I'm massively wrong

I still hear MGW is going despite what the club is saying. Maybe I'm hearing it from people who don't know but they've been very on the ball previously
I think Guedes is a good signing and have no problem with MGW going if it frees up funds for new signings like Ramos, Nico
or maybe even Nunes.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Everton only buying players IF they avoid relegation sends a message that they don't expect too much from this season...

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In all of this, and for all of the talk about leadership, it seems that leader numero uno in many fans eyes has driven a move away when the going gets tough rather than staying to fight for his spot.

Interesting.
The issue for Coady would have been that Bruno wants to shift to Four at the back, a centre half has been bought to play that system and we have a young centre half already at the club who's as good as I've seen at Molineux in my 35 years supporting.

Coady will have see that, and with it seen the writing on the wall. Conversations would have been had and the decision to move on has been made, quite clearly by the club and the player, somewhat mutually.

I'm not particularly bothered by the loan, I see Everton staying up with the promoted 3 going down.

He needs to make a move for England, that's great. But Kilman's the better player and even Southgate will recognise that too.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting.
There are some clueless folk on here for sure but you gotta be in the top 3 with this garbage comment.

T

TheConcourse

There are some clueless folk on here for sure but you gotta be in the top 3 with this garbage comment.
I don’t define a leader as someone that wants to leave when they can’t get in the side. Thought he’d stick around rather than push for a loan away to another club where there are no guarantees.

Sorry if adding some nuance to the debate challenges your simple mind.

Back
Top Bottom