Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw him play to great effect there for England. For us, not so often.
Very easy to blame one player for lacking in a formation, after all we did lose yesterday playing 4 at the back with Kilman, who has less experience than Coady in that system.

Did he play against anyone of note in those games for England? Genuinely not sure but don't think it's the same thing as playing in a 4 in the PL.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think anything less than 20 million and this is poor by our club, NWW. Really concerned at the lack of leaders in the squad now. Ruddy, Saiss, Coady gone. We really could do with bringing in a couple of players who are leaders.
I think it’s a monumental **** up selling Coady and I think he’s sorely underestimated in so many ways mate.
The disrespect he gets on here is unreal

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he play against anyone of note in those games for England? Genuinely not sure but don't think it's the same thing as playing in a 4 in the PL.
Im being deliberately obtuse there in fairness, because it’s far too easy to blame Coady. We take him out and what happened?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who of those "lead" us during the dire end to last season ?

Fair point. I do think we are lacking in leaders though. Will be interesting to see who emerges as leaders in the coming weeks.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great stuff

A thought if we sold Coady and Gibbs white for 55 mill

Could we do
Guedes buy
Gonzales loan
Bat loan
Nunes buy
Ramos buy replace Mgw)
Hwang jo buy
Bundesleaga cb think he was Austrian

Wishful thinking maybe
If you could get that through you should definitely replace Sellars. :D

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He actually may not be , much like mourinho buying doc to play As an out and full back sounds like fat frank may try and play coady in a back 4 with Mina and Godfrey both injured …
They still have Keane and Tarkowski - could make a 3 with Coady

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
The downside of that is he constantly, constantly screamed for the ball to be recycled back through the defence, which is part of the reason we played so deep and so slowly.
Very true. It's natural to switch off if you hear the same thing and voice over and over. Rayan could have done with some reassuring words at times yesterday, particularly after Leeds first goal. Putting an arm round a player with a few words can probably be more effective than constantly barking orders at them. Rayan seems like the kind of player that needs that while he is still developing.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Everything goes back several times before it has a chance to go forward and Coady, Moutinho and Dendoncker are the worst 3 for this.
Somewhere on YouTube there’s a clip of Steve McClaren (bear with me) coaching youngsters about why you’d give the ball sideways and get it straight back. He’s a ******** but it’s some great coaching. It’s because in that second or two the picture ahead of you changes, people move and make different runs. It’s better (sometimes) to keep the ball and wait for the right pass than attempt the Hollywood ball and lose possession. Neves gives the ball and gets it straight back as much as anyone. Elite football is all about fine margins, they won’t give it away needlessly. I’ve watched England teams do that all through the 89s & 90s. Tiki Taka wasn’t just because it looked pretty.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im being deliberately obtuse there in fairness, because it’s far too easy to blame Coady. We take him out and what happened?

We lost a game because of Sa and RAn playing terrible, who can only blame themselves and lack of options on the bench. Plus no striker to hold the ball up against a pressing side was always going to be difficult.

Don't see how Coady playing against Leeds would've helped much at all outside of allowing them more of the ball and less players forward to help relieve the pressure

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the biggest issue is it completely closes the door on a back 5. So if we start off poor the first 8 games we don’t have the option to revert.

Why ? I recall that Saiss filled in for Coady a couple of times - he's not irreplaceable. If we want 3 at the back go with Kilman, Collins and Toti.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate he wasnt great at Norwich but I would be tempted to try and get Gilmour on a permanent deal from Chelsea. The talent is there with him and a permanent move away could be the making of him. Get him and Batshuayi from Chelsea.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost a game because of Sa and RAn playing terrible, who can only blame themselves and lack of options on the bench. Plus no striker to hold the ball up against a pressing side was always going to be difficult.

Don't see how Coady playing against Leeds would've helped much at all outside of allowing them more of the ball and less players forward to help relieve the pressure
Again I’m being obtuse. My point is you can’t judge after so few games either way.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s hard, but it’s the right time for Coady and Wolves. £12m is about right for his age and position that he plays, and as a result the fact not many other teams could accommodate him.

With MGW staying and Wolves being overly stocked in defence and understocked in attack, Coady is basically a direct swap for Guedes.
I think £12m is way too little for Coady. A leader and current England international who is very comfortable in a 3 has to be worth much more than £12m to a team that plays 3 at the back. I would suggest £20-25m is nearer the mark.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the Guedes signing, really think he gives us so much versatility as he can play any of the four positions across the front four, and is very direct in style. A long overdue Jota replacement, but with a better all around game.

I don't necessarily think this is related to MGW, I think Lage still wants to keep him. I think it could be that Traore departs, given a year left on his deal and refusal to sign a new contract. Not sure what type of fee we could demand for speedy, but I'd like to think there are clubs that would pay £10-15m for him, he's the most unique player on the planet. I don't think he's a match for Lage's 4-2-3-1, he wouldn't put the work in that's required.

That combined with hopefully close to £20m for Coady, should help the coffers somewhat. Batshuayi on loan or Belotti on a free, and a more mobile holding midfielder (e.g. Nunes) to cap it off and we've got a good squad.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with the Guedes signing, really think he gives us so much versatility as he can play any of the four positions across the front four, and is very direct in style. A long overdue Jota replacement, but with a better all around game.

I don't necessarily think this is related to MGW, I think Lage still wants to keep him. I think it could be that Traore departs, given a year left on his deal and refusal to sign a new contract. Not sure what type of fee we could demand for speedy, but I'd like to think there are clubs that would pay £10-15m for him, he's the most unique player on the planet. I don't think he's a match for Lage's 4-2-3-1, he wouldn't put the work in that's required.

That combined with hopefully close to £20m for Coady, should help the coffers somewhat. Batshuayi on loan or Belotti on a free, and a more mobile holding midfielder (e.g. Nunes) to cap it off and we've got a good squad.
Is it actually a done deal then or still speculation?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Saw him play to great effect there for England. For us, not so often.
Very easy to blame one player for lacking in a formation, after all we did lose yesterday playing 4 at the back with Kilman, who has less experience than Coady in that system.
He played in a 4 against Andorra, San Marino and Austria. Not quite sure that is a good barometer.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somewhere on YouTube there’s a clip of Steve McClaren (bear with me) coaching youngsters about why you’d give the ball sideways and get it straight back. He’s a ******** but it’s some great coaching. It’s because in that second or two the picture ahead of you changes, people move and make different runs. It’s better (sometimes) to keep the ball and wait for the right pass than attempt the Hollywood ball and lose possession. Neves gives the ball and gets it straight back as much as anyone. Elite football is all about fine margins, they won’t give it away needlessly. I’ve watched England teams do that all through the 89s & 90s. Tiki Taka wasn’t just because it looked pretty.
Yep, i get about keeping the ball and recycling it, but sometimes it seems we do it just for the hell of it...or lack options further forward. I think we all hope a back four with a more mobile midfield helps us play further up the pitch with more attacking impetus.

T

TheConcourse

Fee has been agreed with Valencia, and with Mendes being involved you can guarantee the personal terms were sorted before that bid was made. Barring some late hiccup, seems an inevitability now.
How ****ing great must it be to be Mendes? A couple of million quid on a Sunday. Ideal.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah because the idea is you give it and get it back at pace to move it forwards. We did the former but not the latter.

See Pep on tiki taka

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, i get about keeping the ball and recycling it, but sometimes it seems we do it just for the hell of it...or lack options further forward. I think we all hope a back four with a more mobile midfield helps us play further up the pitch with more attacking impetus.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head mate. Usually the forward pass on was ‘here you Adama / Neto / Jota perform a solo miracle’. I also hope the change of system changes this. For 25 mins yesterday we played some great football. We just need a sharper edge up top.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head mate. Usually the forward pass on was ‘here you Adama / Neto / Jota perform a solo miracle’. I also hope the change of system changes this. For 25 mins yesterday we played some great football. We just need a sharper edge up top.
Can't disagree!

Back
Top Bottom