Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is full of ****.

Not saying it's not true as Guedes is clearly going somewhere, but this fella has done loads with us in the past that's been rubbish.

But as I commented above, it’s interesting that Liam Keen does follow him, so he must get some things right.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, so I expect he won't kick a ball competitively for the whole of this season.

On that I disagree. I think we'll still use him. Adama isn't the sort of personality to do that either. Add the World Cup caveat to it all as well.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I hope we're not blowing all out money on Guedes..IF he's apparently costing 40 million I would rather we get a top striker in like that Ramos from Benfica.

Also if we had this money from the start why are we spending it now? There have been some class players with decent release clauses we could have purchased.. if they wanted to come..
Why would they want to come to us, we have managers who don't know how to make substitutions. Let alone perform squad rotations.

Last edited:

Madmalc

Reaction score
It aint us. I have previously said I am a happy clapper and back FOSUN to do the right thing but after our bench lost the game today I have officially switched. Can't believe it has got to this point. Our starting 11 is one of the best outside the top 6 when everyone is fit and available, outside of that, **** only knows.

I hope its just the drink talking and am back to my positive self tomorrow but am feeling so **** about our team right now I am dreading this season
The bench didn't lose the game, the bench weren't even involved with the game..

Madmalc

Reaction score
On that I disagree. I think we'll still use him. Adama isn't the sort of personality to do that either. Add the World Cup caveat to it all as well.
Yes he is one of Bruno's favoured few, but he'll be mysteriously injured most of the time..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Barcelona having to sell a load more of their revenue generating media business to register players and they still want to sign more.

Maybe try and make up for Trincão/Traore farse by lowballing them on Nico G?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely, surely, they must have a midfielder or 2 lined up……..haven’t they?

When Neves went down early on today, I feared the worst. Where the hell would we have been, if he had been badly injured?

They simply cannot be that blind, can they? Bruno is saying trust them and he would look a complete fool if nothing comes of it so we’ll wait and see. I always try to be optimistic but have to admit, I’ve had to top the glass up a bit, to keep it half full.

TWOLF

Reaction score
If you never play them who's to say..
Bruno sees them in training every day. He would have seen them last season as well when they were on loan and playing for the U23’s.

Out of interest what subs would you have made today to turn the game around? (On and offs)

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would they want to come to us, we have managers who don't know how to make substitutions. Let alone perform squad rotations.
Is this post a sarcastic joke?! How can bruno make rotations and subs when he has none?!?!
The only option he has is to go to 5, which brings one of the senior cbs in and allows there to be a senior attacker on the bench.
Our squad is embarrassing

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno sees them in training every day. He would have seen them last season as well when they were on loan and playing for the U23’s.

Out of interest what subs would you have made today to turn the game around? (On and offs)
I would have chucked ronan on. Yes he is an spl player at best, apparently, but from what I have seen may have been able to whip a 25 yarder in

Madmalc

Reaction score
Maybe an idea to have subs that he can use and actually make an impact on a premier league game in midfield and attack unlike that shambles of a bench today.
How do you know it was a shambles he didn't play any of them.until he made a token substitute.
I mean like a manager that has subs that are good enough to help the players on the pitch not hinder them.
If you don't play them you can't judge them

TWOLF

Reaction score
I would have chucked ronan on. Yes he is an spl player at best, apparently, but from what I have seen may have been able to whip a 25 yarder in
I do hope cundle and ronan get some decent minutes this season but sadly I think they should only be used in games where we are comfortably ahead.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd have brought Cundle on at half time for Dendoncker, binned RAN who was having a mare and gone to 5 at the back.
With Coady organising the shambles of a defence.
Gawd help us when meet tougher opponents..
Coady and Cundle. ****ing hell.

You mean Donk who was one of the best players on the pitch, you'd have gone to 5 at the back when we dominated most of the second half with 4. Also the defense today wasn't half as bad as some of the defenses Coady marshalled. Thank **** you weren't the manager today. That has 4-1 written all over it.

So let's work it out, you're taking RAN off for Coady, Cundle on for Donk

Sa

Neto
Kilman
Coady
Collins
Jonny

Cundle
Neves

MGW
Podence
Hwang

Neto at left back then? Tactical genius

Madmalc

Reaction score
Surely, surely, they must have a midfielder or 2 lined up……..haven’t they?

When Neves went down early on today, I feared the worst. Where the hell would we have been, if he had been badly injured?

They simply cannot be that blind, can they? Bruno is saying trust them and he would look a complete fool if nothing comes of it so we’ll wait and see. I always try to be optimistic but have to admit, I’ve had to top the glass up a bit, to keep it half full.
Today proved they wouldn't get any game time.
Recruit managers who.like small squads and then let them complain the squads too small. Whilst they don't make substitutions..
Sounds like excuses

Madmalc

Reaction score
They weren’t involved because they aren’t good enough.
You say that we never get to see them.
Here's the pitch:
Wolves are interested in signing you.
Great what will I do?
Well they don't use substitutions much if at all, and you can forget about squad rotation, so you're very unlikely to get to play..
So what do you think..

Madmalc

Reaction score
Is this post a sarcastic joke?! How can bruno make rotations and subs when he has none?!?!
The only option he has is to go to 5, which brings one of the senior cbs in and allows there to be a senior attacker on the bench.
Our squad is embarrassing
He has none because he doesn't make any, he's living in his comfort zone of same old and older faces named every match. I expect most of today's bench to be looking for transfers or loans out before the 1st of September, because they won't get any game time at Wolves.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I mean you definitely can, and I’m pretty sure that’s the managers job to do so.
He's like the boy how cries Wolf.
If he'd used all 5 subs and we'd gone 8 nil down it would have been a wake up call.
But no he'll carry on not making any substitutions until the World Cup starts.
By which time we'll be bottom of the league.
The players will have paced themselves and will have a good World Cup, then they'll all go away in January.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's like the boy how cries Wolf.
If he'd used all 5 subs and we'd gone 8 nil down it would have been a wake up call.
But no he'll carry on not making any substitutions until the World Cup starts.
By which time we'll be bottom of the league.
The players will have paced themselves and will have a good World Cup, then they'll all go away in January.
So he should have brought on 5 players who aren't good enough, to lose 8 - 0 so that we'd all know that our bench isn't good enough which we already know.

Genius.

Neto at left back still, yeah?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As Leeds were cutting through us at will in the first half today, I was reminded of our chronic need for a midfield enforcer.

Personally, I think Collins and Kilman will be a great partnership but they could do with a Fabinho/Rodri/Palhinha type in front of them to genuinely protect them and stop those attacks.

Neves is our Gundogan to Rodri, the Thiago to Fabinho, the Xavi to Busquets. He's great but we really need a proper defensive midfielder to both protect the young centre backs whilst at the same time releasing Neves to do his best work further forward.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Leeds were cutting through us at will in the first half today, I was reminded of our chronic need for a midfield enforcer.

Personally, I think Collins and Kilman will be a great partnership but they could do with a Fabinho/Rodri/Palhinha type in front of them to genuinely protect them and stop those attacks.

Neves is our Gundogan to Rodri, the Thiago to Fabinho, the Xavi to Busquets. He's great but we really need a proper defensive midfielder to both protect the young centre backs whilst at the same time releasing Neves to do his best work further forward.
Palinha

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if he’s being brought in, in advance of Neto being sold in a future window. Similar to how Neto was brought in a year or so before Jota was sold. If so, and he settles well, then I’m a bit happier, if I have accept Neto will not always be a Wolves player. If it meant Neto being sold this window, then I’m much less happy.
Podence was brought in as Jota's replacement

I think people forget that Nuno stopped playing Jota at the end

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would have brought on Ronan instead of the injured Hwang and gone 4-3-3.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Guedes rumours are true. Him, Batman and a central midfielder signing this week and being available for the Fulham game will go some way to allaying my anger at how our squad currently is.
You owe me an apology....I kept telling you we would sign guedes , as early as May and June and you kept trying to shout me down, with no chance........

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Holy cow pat, hasn’t he only got 1year left on his contract??

I don’t know how to feel about this!

Watched him a few times for Portugal, been amazing in some, and literally non existent in others.

My guessing is we’ve sold MGW, as it is repeatedly mentioned we need to sell to buy.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Holy cow pat, hasn’t he only got 1year left on his contract??

I don’t Nona how to feel about this!

Watched him a few times for Portugal, been amazing in some, and literally non existent in others.

My guessing is we’ve sold MGW, as it is repeatedly mentioned we need to sell to buy.
He has 2 years left...

Back
Top Bottom