Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
So a question lets says what Alex Crook is saying is true and we are in "advance" talks with Batshuayi for a loan do we still go in for Hwang Ui-Jo who can play across the forward line?
I would sign both of them if possible

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only speak for the many fans I know who attend games and whilst many are not currently anti-Fosun, they are not happy with the current situation and at varying levels of disillusionment.
I agree that this is the more common view, people are thankful and grateful but wondering and a little fearful re future. We are at a crossroads and it wouldn’t take much to recreate the positivity and excitement - equally it wouldn’t take much to continue the questions about whether it has run it’s course.

Like a partner of 7 years, a job of 10 years or a government coming towards the end of it’s Parliament - risk of feeling a bit stale and need some excitement again.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Can barely stand to read this thread anymore, it’s just absolutely miserable and I feel this window is the beginning of the end for Wolves in our current form. Fosun have been nothing short of incredible and given me memories i’ll treasure for the rest of my life and we reached heights I never thought I’d see Wolves get to, but the situation currently is nothing short of disgraceful.

The model they want us to proceed with is absolutely unsustainable. Of all their signings, a grand total of 2 will turn a profit, Neves and Jota. Their self sustaining model only works if we’re able to continuously source, develop and sell top talented players. We’ve managed to get 2 in 6 years, probably 3 with Neto. Our recruitment team has shown how utterly useless they are and I’d be truly amazed if anyone here genuinely thinks they're anything above crap.

You cant compete without investment if you want to stay in the Premier League. You also can’t stay in the Premier League if you fail to keep up while everyone else strives to improve and further compete. Fosun seemingly are unable or unwilling to invest and provide us with the bare minimum - a squad with options.

I’ll be eternally grateful for what they did for us, but they’ve not only taken us as far as they can, they’re on the brink of taking us backwards.

3 senior midfielders, one whos 36, one who can’t tackle and one whos marked to be our new captain, but they’ll also sell in an instant as soon as we receive a half decent offer. Oh and our actual current captain looks like he's up for a sale or loan too. It’s borderline neglectful and why would any decent player who’d significantly improve our squad want to join this circus?

I wish they’d be more open with the fans and help us understand the situation. Instead they tell us we’ve had it too good for too long, raised prices and produced some questionable quotes around fans and who they prioritise.

2 days out before the new season and no senior striker in an already threadbare squad. Architects of our success and masters of our downfall. Thanks for everything but I truly hope this is the last window we have with them at the helm.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone miss those times before the imposition of transfer windows and when a player could be bought whenever?

Imagine how much more fun this thread would be.
Remember when we signed Oakes and Pollett and someone else the same day and found out the exciting news via teletext. Great memories

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone miss those times before the imposition of transfer windows and when a player could be bought whenever?

No - it meant that as soon as someone started playing well there was a potential transfer on the cards.

On thing though, the current situation is daft. They should set the window for 3-4 weeks in the summer, if such a gap exists, where all leagues are on a break. Cut out all the bull **** that goes on for weeks on end.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Only 2 signings would turn a profit?? I'm sure (of the current team) Sa, Kilman, RAN and Neto would go for more than they cost!?

Not to mention these - all of whom we made money on?

Cavaleiro
Costa
Douglas
Afobe
Mir
Vinagre
Good point well made! I definitely got that wrong on my post, but I did mean more on the lines of significant profit, the likes of cav/costa/douglas/vinagre/afobe didn’t exactly net us enough profit to really push us onwards, whereas I believe Jota/Neves/Neto did/would.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point well made! I definitely got that wrong on my post, but I did mean more on the lines of significant profit, the likes of cav/costa/douglas/vinagre/afobe didn’t exactly net us enough profit to really push us onwards, whereas I believe Jota/Neves/Neto did/would.
The problem is - as I see it - the glass ceiling. Every club that finishes 7th for the first time tends to have another good season then tail off.

Us, Sunderland, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa.

Owners see how much a European charge will cost and think.....nah not for me.

Then they ratchet back and someone else has their go at 7th. Only to be broken with sports washing

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don't want Coady to go to Everton. As soon as he has a bad game there the fans will destroy him due to his Liverpool ties and history and there will be a large percentage that won't give him a chance in the first place. He doesn't deserve that. I would rather him go to any team other than them

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can barely stand to read this thread anymore, it’s just absolutely miserable and I feel this window is the beginning of the end for Wolves in our current form. Fosun have been nothing short of incredible and given me memories i’ll treasure for the rest of my life and we reached heights I never thought I’d see Wolves get to, but the situation currently is nothing short of disgraceful.

The model they want us to proceed with is absolutely unsustainable. Of all their signings, a grand total of 2 will turn a profit, Neves and Jota. Their self sustaining model only works if we’re able to continuously source, develop and sell top talented players. We’ve managed to get 2 in 6 years, probably 3 with Neto. Our recruitment team has shown how utterly useless they are and I’d be truly amazed if anyone here genuinely thinks they're anything above crap.

You cant compete without investment if you want to stay in the Premier League. You also can’t stay in the Premier League if you fail to keep up while everyone else strives to improve and further compete. Fosun seemingly are unable or unwilling to invest and provide us with the bare minimum - a squad with options.

I’ll be eternally grateful for what they did for us, but they’ve not only taken us as far as they can, they’re on the brink of taking us backwards.

3 senior midfielders, one whos 36, one who can’t tackle and one whos marked to be our new captain, but they’ll also sell in an instant as soon as we receive a half decent offer. Oh and our actual current captain looks like he's up for a sale or loan too. It’s borderline neglectful and why would any decent player who’d significantly improve our squad want to join this circus?

I wish they’d be more open with the fans and help us understand the situation. Instead they tell us we’ve had it too good for too long, raised prices and produced some questionable quotes around fans and who they prioritise.

2 days out before the new season and no senior striker in an already threadbare squad. Architects of our success and masters of our downfall. Thanks for everything but I truly hope this is the last window we have with them at the helm.
I agree with the sentiment of most of this. I’m probably not as far down the road as you with how I’m feeling but I can definitely see where you are coming from.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What an ironic name you have ;)

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only acceptable chant is to the tune of Baby Shark.

Hwang-He Chan doo-doo-do-doo-doo

Song for when both Hwangs are on the field:

One Hwang, or another, We're gonna find ya
We're gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya
One Hwang, or another, We're gonna win ya
We're gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya

So, we're not going to adapt the Beatles' song?

I wanna hold your Hwaaa-a-a-aaaaang!

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can barely stand to read this thread anymore, it’s just absolutely miserable and I feel this window is the beginning of the end for Wolves
in our current form. Fosun have been nothing short of incredible and given me memories i’ll treasure for the rest of my life and we reached heights I never thought I’d see Wolves get to, but the situation currently is nothing short of disgraceful.

So you thought that you would just add more fuel for the doom and gloom merchants on here without actually saying anything that hasnt been droned on about elsewhere.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There was always a cut off in March.

We were invariably disappointed by our business before the transfer deadline (Yes that’s you I’m primarily talking about McGhee with the crap you bought when we were in striking distance)

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Remember when we signed Oakes and Pollett and someone else the same day and found out the exciting news via teletext. Great memories
Back in the day when I was a kid we used to have the Daily Express delivered, I always grabbed it first to read the sport,that's how I found out we had signed Francis Munro as he was known then. I'd never heard of him but ended up being one of our best ever players.

Back
Top Bottom