Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sincere apologies in future I will keep scratchings, or indeed any other snack based products (both fried and baked) out of any responses.
If you could provide a list of humorous subject matter that you do find acceptable, that’s be a big help.

Thank you for providing quality control in this thread. Your service is appreciated.
Brilliant!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Coady, a loan move would be total lunacy. It would be a risk letting him go anyway because of what he brings to the dressing room. But if he is to leave , it has to be a permanent move for a good fee surely that we can reinvest

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Would rather have kept Silva than either Batshual or Hwang mk 2. What really disappoints me is the edge we have lost in the transfer market. We’re appear to be shopping with the rest of the also rans now.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season 42 games and 14 goals

Agreed hit or miss.

What we can’t tell from those stats is how many were as a sub etc.
Looking at in the league only:

For Marseille, Dortmund, Besiktas & his first stint at Palace = 116 matches played, 84 starts, 52 goals

For Chelsea, Valencia & his second stint at Palace = 83 matches played, 18 starts, 15 goals

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started 3 out of Belgium's last 4 games in the Nations League, and people are turning their noses up? Football Manager has melted people's brains man.
Glad I don’t play it. He offers us a different option we have to be realistic

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a question lets says what Alex Crook is saying is true and we are in "advance" talks with Batshuayi for a loan do we still go in for Hwang Ui-Jo who can play across the forward line?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems strange we've waited till now to act upon the strikers mentioned. Surely if these were long term targets a deal could've been agreed long ago
Obviously they weren’t…..question is why.
If I had to guess, I think many of our original targets turned us down or clubs were asking too much.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
If not Batshuayi, then who??? Given we know Jeff won’t be shelling out big bucks who do people honestly see us picking up?

He’s 28 with a solid goals to minutes ratio. He’s scored wherever he’s had a run of games. He starts competitive games for Belgium. Like, what do people actually expect??

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really, really hope Frenkie de Jong is one of these stubborn types, who will just sit out the rest of his contract at Barca until 2026, picks up his money, all his deferred earnings, and stops them registering all the players they have 'bought' while not paying him.

Barcelona Spent Its Way Into Crisis. Can It Now Spend Its Way Out?​

Barcelona, in true Vegas style, is doubling down.
A team that less than a year ago was unable to meet its huge payroll; a business that, with losses of 487 million euros ($496 million) last year, was described by its own chief executive as “technically bankrupt”; a club that is currently saddled with debt of more than $1.3 billion, has decided the best way out of a crisis caused by financial mistakes, rich salaries and extravagant contracts is to spend its way out.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a question lets says what Alex Crook is saying is true and we are in "advance" talks with Batshuayi for a loan do we still go in for Hwang Ui-Jo who can play across the forward line?
I would say yes unless we have another forward lined up. Hwang 2 can play across the forward line as can Batshuayi so give us a lot of options to effectively replace the front 3 in games if you add Hwang 1 is as well. Add another midfielder and I think we’d be good for 4:2:3:1 or 4:3:3 as well as 3 at the back if needed either as a 5:3:2 or 5:2:3 regardless of Coady being here.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The discussion of Batshuayi's stats reminds me of Raul's before he arrived. Quite distorted by the no of subs appearances which led to comments that were equally disparaging.
Chelsea also have an ability to take good young players and seemingly not make the most of them only for them to thrive elsewhere.

I think his stats at Palace were also distorted by Hodgsons tactics of everyone defend and give the ball to Zaha and see if he can score on his own.

There are lots of forwards that develop late or are itinerant until they find their home. Dougan was an example of the latter.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
They’ve sure had our pants down with offering inferior product for more money
4A62BAB2-60FC-4BA3-8FBE-C6CDC5AB376D.jpeg

The tale of one WUM with nothing better to do than to present false information for morons to believe.

Based on a true story.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really sick of this utter amateur non ambitious *******s. How many times are we going to miss chances to capitalise on a good team?

In 10 years time we will look back thinking how great this time was. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman etc..but at the same time it is going to be an era of missed opportunity.

Oh and this korean lad? Sums them up. Sit around that ask Wolves table like the condescending wannabes that they are, x player must tick this box, we only sign the right player, has to fit in the ethos.. etc.. etc... There is only one reason you sign a Korean international. And we know that, because we have one and he is ****ing ****.

****ed off.
If you‘re going to do the “time travel” bit then you should also time travel back to 2015 and you welcome Fosun with open arms if you knew they‘d make Wolves a stable PL club.
Did you enjoy the promotion euphoria?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A part of me really hopes we are pushing for an option/obligation in the loan for Batshuayi, just because I’ve never really liked the thought of developing players just to give them back, but with the striker situation right now, needs must. I’d be happy with signing him personally

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A part of me really hopes we are pushing for an option/obligation in the loan for Batshuayi, just because I’ve never really liked the thought of developing players just to give them back, but with the striker situation right now, needs must. I’d be happy with signing him personally
I think he's out of contract next summer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather have kept Silva than either Batshual or Hwang mk 2. What really disappoints me is the edge we have lost in the transfer market. We’re appear to be shopping with the rest of the also rans now.
The geniuses at the top made the conscious decision to step away from the person who gave us that edge and a seat closer to the top tier transfers than we had any right to have.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's out of contract next summer.

He is. Any sticking point will probably be that they want us to pay most of his wages so he's effectively off their payroll a year sooner.

Back
Top Bottom