Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turns out to not be so daft labeling the original one after a hand job now does it?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really sick of this utter amateur non ambitious *******s. How many times are we going to miss chances to capitalise on a good team?

In 10 years time we will look back thinking how great this time was. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman etc..but at the same time it is going to be an era of missed opportunity.

Oh and this korean lad? Sums them up. Sit around that ask Wolves table like the condescending wannabes that they are, x player must tick this box, we only sign the right player, has to fit in the ethos.. etc.. etc... There is only one reason you sign a Korean international. And we know that, because we have one and he is ****ing ****.

****ed off.
dragontan.gif

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? If you believe this story then negotiations continue so we're obviously in the right ball park.
do you not feel the club should be able to attract a better calibre of player nothing against hwang. But he's not shooting the lights out.

and it's pennies obviously again showing we have limited funds

it really does mean we are saying Raul is main man someone else is here to bench warm

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously, we need to stop the "only one reason we buy Korean players" thing now. Have we signed Collins to tap into the Irish market? Was Dadshov an attempt to become Big In Baku? Is Coady a cynical ploy to milk the St. Helens pound?

Do those making these claims even know what business interests we have in Korea? It's not China, where Fosun are particularly trying to grow the brand, just like Britain isn't Romania.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
My everton mates are laughing at us. They're in financial strife and can somehow manage to sign more players than us. Their only striker might be Rondon but that's more than we've got.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hwang is 30 in August, I much rather eldor if its an option at 27 I really would. But if this lad is to cover for Raul and Be an option I fully back him

we might get him for what 5m, we are broke aren't we. laughable as we shouldn't be, but It truly means no investment from found unless its 50m on a midfielder

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difference with Son is, there always was a quality player there. At £30m (don't quote me on that figure, mind) there was a line of clubs queuing up and he is a fantastic player.

Maybe this lad we are rumoured to be after is the next big thing. But how typical and unoriginal of us is it. Call me a cynic, but we pressed on with the Hwang signing because of the positive impact he was having in a marketing sense. That is it. If it isn't, then the club deserve even more criticism because he simply is not good enough and to be linked with another Korean I have never heard of on the back of that, at a time when we desperately need an experienced goal scorer, is beyond frustrating. We may aswell have kept hold of Fabio instead of making our squad weaker.
At a time of which we are sat in another inactive transfer window when we know that literally one or two more quality players (one cm, one cf) takes us from competing with the top 10 to competing with the top 6. We know that, because we was in that position in January but in the amateurs words "why risk the clubs future on one £20m player", insulting beyond belief that quote. What a clueless ****er.

For 3 years now and 6 transfer windows, not one, not two, SIX we have just sat and not capitalised on a fantastic opportunity to compete with the top 6.
So yes, I think my rant does have logic basis.
hwang is 30 in August he's been there and had his thing he will be surplus in a year or two hopefully, enough time for silva to be the man coming back from anderlecht

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The itk and media rumours were 1 experienced back up striker, a young gun on a ltb, and a midfielder. If hwang, being 30 soon is the experienced back up, as opposed to benteke which would have made us a laughing stock, and we stillnhave the young gun and a midfielder to come, then lets see how our business plays out.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My everton mates are laughing at us. They're in financial strife and can somehow manage to sign more players than us. Their only striker might be Rondon but that's more than we've got.
My Everton mate at work is very concerned they’ll go down this year

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
And I believe Rondon is suspended for first game.... So they're down to '0' too!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Apparently Max Fitzgerald whoever he is has told some Russian backed website called Sport24 that speculation linking us with Eldor Shomurodov is not true:

“Interested in Shomurodov? No, this is not true,” explains Max Fitzgerald, the head of the club’s media department

Link

Max or whoever you are, why don’t you spend 5 minutes on here telling The CLUBS FANS who we are and who we aren’t interested in instead?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to clarify, before people wade in, this has absolutely nothing to do with Fosun trying to grow the Korean market for fashion and computer games. It is solely to do with his footballing ability. Amazing talent. He is going to firm a new spearhead up front with Hwang that will carry us to Champions league football.
Champions League or Championship?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I back whoever we sign, after Collins I just want to see this ambition be it in the young striker on a loan to buy or a quality midfielder, not budget deals.

so many teams throw around money in the prem and sometime get it wrong, but look at guimares for Newcastle looks a proper baller

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
do you not feel the club should be able to attract a better calibre of player nothing against hwang. But he's not shooting the lights out.

and it's pennies obviously again showing we have limited funds

it really does mean we are saying Raul is main man someone else is here to bench warm
I'd much rather we were throwing money at Goncalo Ramos. However the club have said that we have little money, we spend what we make (why we won't ask Fosun for more I don't know), so I'm resigned to the fact we aren't shopping in that pond.
This guy might be rubbish, he might be adequate, he might be a revelation. If we sign him he should be given a chance not written off by people who have seen little or nothing of him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much rather we were throwing money at Goncalo Ramos. However the club have said that we have little money, we spend what we make (why we won't ask Fosun for more I don't know), so I'm resigned to the fact we aren't shopping in that pond.
This guy might be rubbish, he might be adequate, he might be a revelation. If we sign him he should be given a chance not written off by people who have seen little or nothing of him.
agreed nor would I write him off and he has proven he can find the net in ligue 1. its more animosity to our financial situation, our drive and ambition and lastly the project and everything else.

lots of things which are happening seem to not correlate hence my frustration.

Either way I will support and back him, if he comes in. Its great another player in a wolves shirt and a senior player.

Just want to see someone come in and ouasg Raul into a new gear, maybe even if he loses his place . He might find that level of play again. I don't know currently if hwang would do this

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Laughing at us ! ?
Tell them to take a look at the league table at the back end of last year and ask how many 100's millions it took to take them there

T

TheConcourse

This a recruitment to improve the first team or the ‘brand’?
On the basis that we don’t have a striker I’m saying improve the first team. But so could the dude in the South Bank who wears the Jimenez mask, so the bar is low. Target man.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughing at us ! ?
Tell them to take a look at the league table at the back end of last year and ask how many 100's millions it took to take them there

So true, my Everton supporting colleague at work is way too busy crapping herself about getting relegated this year to waste energy laughing at what we are doing!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So true, my Everton supporting colleague at work is way too busy crapping herself about getting relegated this year to waste energy laughing at what we are doing!

I’m impressed that any of you has actually met an Everton fan.

I haven’t

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m impressed that any of you has actually met an Everton fan.

I haven’t

I was also impressed she admitted to being one considering the office is based in Liverpool and everyone else on our team are Liverpool fans! :tearsofjoy:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just realised it's 25 years to the day since my first Wolves game.

Bully's testimonial. A 1-1 draw with Santos. Goodman with a header.

Happy Wolves Day!

I was at that match, too. I think Robbie Keane came on as sub, aged 17 or 18, hadn't made his full debut yet. Looked a class above, already. It was possibly a week before he made his real debut with 2 goals at Norwich?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton fans were laughing at Liverpool when they bought half a dozen players a few years back. Went well for them.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Wolves Day!

I was at that match, too. I think Robbie Keane came on as sub, aged 17 or 18, hadn't made his full debut yet. Looked a class above, already. It was possibly a week before he made his real debut with 2 goals at Norwich?

Cheers pal.

Yep, spot on. I saw the Goodman goal back for the first time when Wolves uploaded a collection of pre season goals last week.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Happy Wolves Day!

I think he'd just turned 17. Everyone who saw him that day knew they were seeing a very special player jndeed.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'd just turned 17. Everyone who saw him that day knew they were seeing a very special player jndeed.

Can you even begin to imagine how much media attention he'd get and how much he'd be worth in the contemporary market. Genius of a player.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is wind up right? I wish my mates were Everton fans......

Back
Top Bottom