Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a random thought…..

If Neves goes, could Coady be his ideal replacement?

No longer needed in a back 4, decent tackler, great range of passing, ideal position for a talker like him.

Oh how our expectation have been lowered!!
Not again .. coady is not a prem cm, even when he was 21/22.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s a bit more of not getting enough solid transfers IN.
We also seems to miss badly in the transfers OUT department.
For a sell before we can buy club this is pretty bad.
We all know the Adama situation..he will leave for absolute peanuts alternatively on a free.
That is some crazy stuff.We should have transfered him a couple of seasons ago and we should never had let it go to the current situation with just one year left on the contract.

I do worry regarding the upcoming Neves situation.IF he stays the club simply MUST extend the lenght of his contract.
If not,Ruben Neves will leave for peanuts next summer.

We cannot be a sell before we can buy club if treating our assetts this way.Goes exactly opposite to the concept.
The club need to get a grip on real things..fast.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, he has improved vastly since then though.

Guessing it’s been debated before.
He has improved dramatically, but unfortunately you can see hes got slower and is so easy to be turned.

He works as a sweeper and could probably be a quarterback with worldy players around him. But in terms of turnover of play, dribbling etc, i think that ship has sailed for him

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same applies regarding Conor.
IF we are a sell before we can buy club..the window to sell Coady is now.
Sitting on the bench when we go four at the back and missing out on WC as a result is simply NOT the best way to optimize the club asset that is Conor Coady.

Are we really gonna diminish player values this way?
Adama.
Ruben?
Conor?

Can someone explain to me how this correlates to a sell before buy approch?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? He’s young (only 23) and not too expensive.
I think he's a good player. Looked very lively when I've seen him. The wife is half Chilean and we watched a few of their copa america games and I liked what I saw. I just can't see Wolves spending £15/20 million on him for some reason

binners

Reaction score
It’s important that we give at minimum of 10 games for Kilman & Collins to form a partnership, and not write them off after 1 or 2 mistakes.

This will be a phenomenal partnership later down the line, but will inevitably need time to establish.
It’ll never happen on here though. Some will be all over it like a rash

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To those saying Hwang is the striker and it’s fine.

Firstly, that’s very much debatable.

Secondly, he’s had 93 minutes of football all pre-season. He is not ready to play a full game and will not play the full game at Elland Road.
Also when he came on against Sporting he didn't actually play up top...

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Secondly, he’s had 93 minutes of football all pre-season. He is not ready to play a full game and will not play the full game at Elland Road.
I would start with Neto, MGW, Podence, but would give Hwang some minutes as well while Raul is absent.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Faith, by its very definition , means believing in something, whatever the evidence or common sense is suggesting.
I actually applaud such thinking in Wolves fans regarding our transfer dealings, much as I very much doubt it will be rewarded.

Not necessary...
Thats blind faith. However without going into a discussion about religion or ideology, lots of people put their faith in certain religions, ideologies, etc, based on what they see as, if not certain evidence, then very certain signposts, that points towards that particular "truth" being true.
Same in this discussion. Most of us have faith either that nothing happens or that something does happen. Both assumptions is based on faith, because we quite frankly dont know what will happen. However one assumption is based on hope, while the other is based on recent transfer history...
Having said that, I'm probably sitting between the two views. I'm quite cynical in that I believe not much we'll happen, but I'm hopeful that I'll be wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Man Utd turn attentions to Barca right-back​

Manchester United have turned their attentions away from Frenkie De Jong to his Barcelona team-mate Sergino Dest, according to SPORT.
The Spanish newspaper claims Barca are, unlike with the Dutch midfielder, willing to sell their right-back for less than £20m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...sfer-centre-live?postid=4245544#liveblog-body

Already getting nervous about neves, can the ****s go after savic instead.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would start with Neto, MGW, Podence, but would give Hwang some minutes as well while Raul is absent.

It's unlikely to be a goal fest. Defensively, we looked good in pre-season, so will probably be building on that - as usual. Can see us trying to keep it tight and rely on one quick breakaway or a mistake. Maybe we will start brightly as we've generally started well in the friendlies. Take the lead then ease off.

I know that sounds just like last 2 seasons, but at this stage, no striker, it makes sense. Where it didn't make sense was the numerous matches against non-Big 6 opposition where we treated them like peak Barca from the kick off,

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So 3 plausible candidates as no doubt the club are trying to get someone in, while not going into full panic mode like us humble fools.

Brereton Diaz - young and promising, but likely on the radar of several clubs and Blackburn might be willing to sell, but will want an auction and to push it towards the end of the window.

Benteke - very much a short term fix, Palace would probably let him go for a reasonable price to get his wages off their books. Big and strong, knows where the net is, well past his (quite impressive) best.

Shomurodov - not set the world on fire at Roma who need to get rid to make room for Belotti, so if were part of the cartel and inevitably a bit down the food chain, he could do a job, but more of a gamble.

So if that's fair, for me we try for Brereton Diaz, keep tabs on Shomurodov and Benteke is the desperate last resort?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One feels that should be the intro on all the other posts from the namby-pamby, belly-achers. It’d at least prevent me from reading the same old ****e, over and over and over and over and over…
Problem is there isn’t a lot else to talk about at the mo, can always hope. I best not mention what might happen if we don’t sign anyone and maybe lose two of the ‘squad’ else I might fall into the belly aching crew.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s important that we give at minimum of 10 games for Kilman & Collins to form a partnership, and not write them off after 1 or 2 mistakes.

This will be a phenomenal partnership later down the line, but will inevitably need time to establish.

Gives me Dias & Ferro partnership vibes that Bruno had at Benfica, very similar characteristics between them and Collins & Kilman.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBD has played from wide at Blackburn so could probably still fit in once Raul is fit and starting.
He has flexibility, plus with BBD it would allow traore to go, if he can then play as a wide man or push for the front.

With silva the prodigal son coming back next year and on his way to ballon dor

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I'm concerned we've not brought enough players in and the season starts soon. Baffled this hasn't be raised on here yet.

Then again this is a forum and this is the transfer thread and it has been a shambles so far this summer. I for one can fully appreciate posters repeating their frustration on this thread as it is totally unacceptable for the club to not have one striker in the squad for the Leeds game and virtually no senior back up for our 3 senior midfield players. If no one was commenting on this then this forum would be dead.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i know these you tubes videos make anyone look great but i think this lad could make a difference for us #

Eldor Shomurodov

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a random thought…..

If Neves goes, could Coady be his ideal replacement?

No longer needed in a back 4, decent tackler, great range of passing, ideal position for a talker like him.

Oh how our expectation have been lowered!!
Can we please stop with this Coady at CM nonsense. He wasn't even that good as a CM in The Championship. What makes you think he's able to improve in a position he hasn't played in for the last 5 years?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too many heads in the sand on here, grown too complacent. Have people forgotten how poorly we finished the end of last season? And now our squad is smaller than it was then.

Finishing 10th was a good outcome considering the lack of options Bruno had for most of the season, yet all he's been backed with is a CB?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we please stop with this Coady at CM nonsense. He wasn't even that good as a CM in The Championship. What makes you think he's able to improve in a position he hasn't played in for the last 5 years?
Too many sentimental types who can't accept that Coady's time as a starter for us may have come to an end. A good character and a fine club captain but not good enough to play in a 4 and certainly not good enough to play in the Prem at all in midfield.

R

reanswolf

Wtf are we doing making enquiries for the first time about a player, 3 days before the season starts. Really poor stuff.

I genuinely believe players will only be brought in if players go out.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a good player. Looked very lively when I've seen him. The wife is half Chilean and we watched a few of their copa america games and I liked what I saw. I just can't see Wolves spending £15/20 million on him for some reason

He can also play all positions up front, which in our formation should be an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom