Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could have played another 90 and not scored from open play. Bad decision making in the final third.

Many times we just didn't have the players in the area, too. Still concerning for me, compared to watching almost any other half-decent team. On a break, other teams will get 3 or 4 players in the box quickly. For us, we're lucky if it's 1 . And he's against 4 or 5 defenders. The only decision is to keep running into the defenders (which Neto and Podence did a lot). Or stop and play it back to the support, slowly appearing over the half way line! Again, we see that a lot. And it's been like this for years. It's relying on some piece of magic from Raul or Jota or Adama or .. oh, wait. :oops:

T

TheConcourse

He was their best player by a distance, carries the ball with ease, very physical, and played some excellent incisive balls. If you didn't think he played well, I'm not convinced we were watching the same game (that or you didn't know which one he was).
Would be the perfect partner for Neves. Everything fans speak about needing. Really good athleticism and good use of the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was their best player by a distance, carries the ball with ease, very physical, and played some excellent incisive balls. If you didn't think he played well, I'm not convinced we were watching the same game (that or you didn't know which one he was).
I apologise then , I watched the game and him mainly but i just didn't see it that he did anything outstanding.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
him and goncalves

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do agree with those that have said we're two (good) players away from having a top half side that could push for Europe.

Yet, as it stands we're 2-3 injuries away from having a side that could be in a relegation battle.

It really is all on Fosun and I fear they won't do what we need.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sporting really good test, we aquited ourselves and played well with a back 4. Lage showed balls and dropped coady, and didn't force him in , only disappointed in hwang going out wide
we are short two players for the 11 but reality 4 or 5 for a squad but that will happen from u23 development.

spurs lost to roma today, sporting have the ability to be top 10 in the prem easy.

I think this was positive with a fluid front three, just missing the edge, which showed in a poor mouts.

Just highlights we are the nearly there side who needs those additions

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d rather them get it right too. But at some point if we can’t get the players we want we have to accept that we are targeting players we either can’t afford or can’t attract and look at more realistic options. This isn’t the first window it’s happened and we can’t let the squad keep shrinking in numbers.

On Hwang, I don’t think he’s a bad player. He’s just not seen as a centre forward by Bruno. As shown again tonight.
It’s a very tricky situation to be honest. I can’t help thinking they had someone lined up and it either didn’t come off or for some reason, can’t be announced yet. (The latter perhaps bring hopeful).

The reason I say that is, if they were just looking for a cheap fix to cover Raul, then surely, keeping Fabio would have been a better option.

We ideally need to bring in a striker that can challenge Raul, in leading the line but then they would have to spend a bit of money and I am not sure who is available, that we could definitely attract.

Who would you like to see brought in?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do agree with those that have said we're two (good) players away from having a top half side that could push for Europe.

Yet, as it stands we're 2-3 injuries away from having a side that could be in a relegation battle.

Exactly this. Going in to the window I thought we were on a bit of a knife edge and I still feel that to be the case.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely relevant that Guo was there for this game.
I think so to……unless he was already reasonably nearby.
But if he came all this way specifically for the game rather than watch a PL league game, then that’s interesting.

Btw, was he really there?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo was in Germany last week (FFT Tech firm owned by Fosun) - I'm sure he just fancied catching the game seeing as he was fairly near.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen on his video with Judah after the game saying that the front three from today likely to start at Leeds - so no new signings.

Says 'very unlikely' we get Nunes and only way he sees it as a possibility is if Neves leaves.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Keen on his video with Judah after the game saying that the front three from today likely to start at Leeds - so no new signings.

Says 'very unlikely' we get Nunes and only way he sees it as a possibility is if Neves leaves.
The talk about Neves leaving so that we can get someone in seems farcical.
If we struggle to attract players with ambition to play for us with Neves in the team, we'd don't stand a chance attracting them if he leaves.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm not disagreeing with him but, he only knows what the club wants him to know. He's just a glorified blogger. I wouldn't read that much into what he says

Back
Top Bottom