Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing I find odd with it all is the local journos not mentioning or bringing up tx business at all

As mentioned previously proper local journalism with regards to Wolves is nonexistent

The reaction to the story about Fosuns problems was laughable

A short comment that it wouldn't effect Wolves as we're supposed to be self-sustainable.

But that's not journalism. Even I could've come up with that.
What they could do:
- Call a few sources to see if there's more to this story
- Interview a source with insides into finances and football about how this could or couldn't effect Wolves
- Ask critical questions when speaking to people år the club, not least those in charge. Yes they risk being banned, but then write THAT story. Sure it wouldn't be good for the brand to ban the press.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like the atmosphere at Compton is very downbeat and negative:

I’ve been looking at all of the training photos and have yet to see Adama, MGW or Neves with their player number on their training tops. Everyone else seems to have one.

I also noticed that Jordao has a P number, which is normally reserved for the U23s.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As mentioned previously proper local journalism with regards to Wolves is nonexistent

A short comment that it wouldn't effect Wolves as we're supposed to be self-sustainable.

What they could do:
- Interview a source with insides into finances and football about how this could or couldn't effect Wolves
- Ask critical questions when speaking to people år the club, not least those in charge. Yes they risk being banned, but then write THAT story. Sure it wouldn't be good for the brand to ban the press.
Are you paying them for this service? Cos I ain't.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What they could do:

A local journalist can't have sources in Fosun, though. And I doubt there are many in Wolverhampton who know the real position...

Supposed experts on Chinese ownership of English clubs haven't offered much useful insight into Fosun so far either, so I'm not sure there's much point going back to them again and again.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW can absolutely play in a 3 in midfield with two sitters behind him imo. Neves and A.N Other.

4-2-3-1

I like Podence, he makes stuff happen but think MGW will be clearly better player this season.
Based on MGW never making an impact at this level that's a big call really.

He'll be a decent option but he's never starting and certainly not being the catalyst for our push to close the gap to the big boys!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading Cheikh Doucourés transfer to Crystal Palace is being held up waiting for a work permit....
What if we've signed loads of players and are just waiting for HRMC to get their arses into gear?
HMRC? You mean UKVI, part of the Home Office. Anything which needs a ministerial decision might be delayed right now, lol.....

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm resigned to it now and then the excuses we cant sign anyone because we are abroad etc. The silence is deafening. We will soon be one of only two clubs in the Premier League who havent signed one player as Chelsea very close to signing Sterling.
Perhaps we should try and get sterling then!
There's a level of player we're looking at and not many of those have moved about, no point comparing our failings in the market to clubs signing players well without our reach or those who aren't going to make the difference needed that are sensible to believe we can get in. How many clubs have signed players that would be realistically within our grasp. The boys leeds have signed wouldn't make an improvement just add numbers and the likes of sterling wouldn't look twice at us

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing on what I've heard...

There is money to spend and that will be proven beyond doubt in the next 7 days.

Source not proven, but certain things I've been told have later appeared as rumours, so I'm hopeful it is true.
Glad they've got the next 7 days ear marked for this spending spree and not those prior.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A local journalist can't have sources in Fosun, though. And I doubt there are many in Wolverhampton who know the real position...

Supposed experts on Chinese ownership of English clubs haven't offered much useful insight into Fosun so far either, so I'm not sure there's much point going back to them again and again.

Mayve so, but a local journalist can and should hold the club accountable and ask the difficult questions.

Sidaway

Reaction score
:) I've read enough on here before joining to know I do not want to be classified as ITK and all the **** that goes along with that.

I heard something positive and we certainly need to hear positive things right now. Fingers crossed it's genuine.
What was it?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Perhaps we should try and get sterling then!
There's a level of player we're looking at and not many of those have moved about, no point comparing our failings in the market to clubs signing players well without our reach or those who aren't going to make the difference needed that are sensible to believe we can get in. How many clubs have signed players that would be realistically within our grasp. The boys leeds have signed wouldn't make an improvement just add numbers and the likes of sterling wouldn't look twice at us
Aaronson is going to be a top player imo, was a great signing

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Mayve so, but a local journalist can and should hold the club accountable and ask the difficult questions.
What would that actually do? The club would just ignore them and then tell them nothing ever

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:) I've read enough on here before joining to know I do not want to be classified as ITK and all the **** that goes along with that.

I heard something positive and we certainly need to hear positive things right now. Fingers crossed it's genuine.
Go on... give us a clue

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for Wolves?
I think it’s fair to say most of us would enjoy the football Southampton played when he was there and during his early tenure at Spurs.
He isn’t coming here of course, but you clearly don’t rate him Dan.
Why the **** can't we get rid of that carthorse Dendoncker instead?
Agree 100% with that, waste of a shirt

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaronson is going to be a top player imo, was a great signing
With only Leeds after him. Just like with Paulinha, Some have had a melt down when only Fulham were interested in him, that says a lot doesn't it! We can just sign **** fur the sake of signing **** if that keeps some happy until the season starts.... Then they see no improvement in the actual standard!

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing on what I've heard...

There is money to spend and that will be proven beyond doubt in the next 7 days.

Source not proven, but certain things I've been told have later appeared as rumours, so I'm hopeful it is true.
Not to put a damper on a good rumor, but this says “certain things I’ve been told have later appeared as RUMORS”. Not even facts.

Oh well, 7 days till we make a signing.

Back
Top Bottom