Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on here Jonzy, the bigger concern is ‘why’ we can’t attract the right players. Or more worryingly, any players it would seem at the moment…
Because despite the palpable panic on here we do actually have a very good team, the players that can improve us are top level players and are sought after by bigger richer clubs than us. Nunes is probably a good example of this.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we honestly have no money, how can jeff still be in the job ffs

Semedo, Silva, hwang - what an absolutely waste of 80 million in the grand scheme of things
Because business wise hes done a brilliant job. We are the rare stand out as a profit making football club. Side effect of that, we've not got a pot to **** in.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Semedo, Silva, hwang - what an absolutely waste of 80 million in the grand scheme of things
Because just like any big private equity company as long your achieving decent results with out spending money and a low staff count they are happy and making money

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Jeff's here to just keep things ticking over as no investment from Chinese owners in any clubs really in UK . So the handbrakes on and we are not going to move forward.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the club realise that if we go into the new season with the same squad as last year, less those who have left and will be leaving, and add ‘squad’ players as support we will be in trouble. Bruno will shut up shop as he did after we lost our opening games and it will be a grim battle of attrition to scrape out enough points to stay in the PL.

Don’t think they are that naïve or stupid.
They let gibbs white go without a replacement and adama go just to help Barca. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we can only hope talks are accelerating this coming week.

If we’re scraping the barrel that much Jeff here is a page to look at Free agents

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because just like any big private equity company as long your achieving decent results with out spending money and a low staff count they are happy and making money
That’s why I can’t understand why people don’t want these guys out. They are going to milk us for a few more years then flog us.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we don’t have a pot to **** in I have one simple question .Why are we so broke ?Jeff said FFP was not an issue and as recently as the last window he re-affirmed that money wasn’t an issue it was merely down to not being able to attract the right players .
Do you really believe jeff shi? I dont. Who knows whether we can spend or not. They may surprise me but my hunch is that they are reining back spend on all things including wages, ground etc

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because who comes in? Easy to say "Fosun Out" but unless you have a replacement you can name it is just juvenile
If your happy with mediocrity there is a horrible Tesco bag club not far down the road. That’s not juvenile it’s facts!!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Assuming we don’t have a pot to **** in I have one simple question .Why are we so broke ?Jeff said FFP was not an issue and as recently as the last window he re-affirmed that money wasn’t an issue it was merely down to not being able to attract the right players .

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is claiming Porto are exploring the option of signing Moutinho.

I'm hoping this is rubbish and he has signed a contract here!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Similar link to the one yesterday - is this player any good?

HSV is threatened with the departure of Mario Vuskovic. However, in the event of a sale, the Rothosen would probably get a hefty transfer profit.

According to information from the pay TV broadcaster Sky , three clubs from the Bundesliga - whose names are not known - are interested in Mario Vuskovic. In addition, Wolverhampton Wanderers should also express interest. The Premier League club could apparently make an offer to HSV in the near future.

HSV is said to be hoping for 10 million euros​

Vuskovic joined HSV from Hajduk Split in the summer. The 20-year-old Croatian initially played on loan in Hamburg, but was signed due to his strong development. The Rothosen paid a total of 4.2 million euros for the central defender. Should the talented defender make his departure, HSV would apparently be hoping for 10 million euros. It remains to be seen whether the teams from the Bundesliga would also be willing to pay this sum or whether Vuskovic would rather end up in England.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Similar link to the one yesterday - is this player any good?
He’s a 20 year old Central Defender so I doubt he’s quite ready for the Premier League

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
lol the same reduced covid bonanza that saw Grealish signed for £100M?
Can you explain why Philips , Raplhinha and Richarlison are all in demand and Traore and Neves are being hawked around without any strong interest. ?It has to be our asking price.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am hoping Moutinho doesn't re-sign as I think that will force Jeff's hand to sign someone. Having said that, maybe he will go into the new season with Neves, Donk, Jordao and Cundle as our options! If Moutinho does re-sign I don't think we will sign anyone else.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if they could get Neves for 45 million thats who they would sign. They are just using him as a squad player to pad out their English quota. He will be just like Ake for them.
Very likely. Leeds now have £45 million to spend in a depressed market . We could have had that .
We have a team that needs rebuilding and a player that should be allowed to go for his future.
Trading players is all about timing . We appear frozen .

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very likely. Leeds now have £45 million to spend in a depressed market . We could have had that .
We have a team that needs rebuilding and a player that should be allowed to go for his future.
Trading players is all about timing . We appear frozen .
Meanwhile I've got 45p to spend at a depressing market. (Bilston)

Stourwolf

Reaction score

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamburg play (and finished 6th) in the second division.
Presume German 2nd Division is lower quality than the championship? Rare that championship centre backs are oven ready to go into a back 4 Prem defence.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't mind us being old school and buying what we can afford...... Basically a bit like a Portuguese club getting cheap South American players and making 100% profit on them in a season. But what we should be doing is using smallish amounts of debt to pay for players, not like Utd levels, otherwise we will fall behind, and we are staring relegation in the face this season, think we also need someone in between Lage and Shi for transfers, especially now we're moving away from Uncle Jorge.

Desperately need a decent CB to cover Saiss, and a CM that means we're pushing forwards and can take the ball out intelligently. 2 players minimum for me.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed before, but it's a bit of a coincidence that the last time we spent a bit of money on Fabio and Semedo was 3 months before the CCP enacted its latest five-year policy. I doubt we'll ever know for sure on that front though. Maybe it's just resulted in a greater push for sustainability and selling to buy.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed before, but it's a bit of a coincidence that the last time we spent a bit of money on Fabio and Semedo was 3 months before the CCP enacted its latest five-year policy. I doubt we'll ever know for sure on that front though. Maybe it's just resulted in a greater push for sustainability and selling to buy.

It might temper our ambition but doesn’t stop us being self sustainable. Could explain the situation we are in I guess but by the same token the same could apply to Inter who signed Lukaku yesterday.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This the one you on about?

Forest Green Rovers

@FGRFC_Official
· 7m
Rovers travel to @Wolves this afternoon for a behind closed doors training match There will be no coverage of this game. We're back in action next Saturday at Swansea City.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Don't mind us being old school and buying what we can afford...... Basically a bit like a Portuguese club getting cheap South American players and making 100% profit on them in a season. But what we should be doing is using smallish amounts of debt to pay for players, not like Utd levels, otherwise we will fall behind, and we are staring relegation in the face this season, think we also need someone in between Lage and Shi for transfers, especially now we're moving away from Uncle Jorge.

Desperately need a decent CB to cover Saiss, and a CM that means we're pushing forwards and can take the ball out intelligently. 2 players minimum for me.
We have freed up wages so why do wolves never look at free transfers.wouldn’t Ben Mee be an affordable option ?a good solid prem defender.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forest Green Rovers

@FGRFC_Official
· 7m
Rovers travel to @Wolves this afternoon for a behind closed doors training match There will be no coverage of this game. We're back in action next Saturday at Swansea City.

Just saw this, seems we are getting quite a few games in early.

Insert have we got enough players joke here

I'm unsure about the post about meeting sellers why would he just tell people all of that?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
That’s why I can’t understand why people don’t want these guys out. They are going to milk us for a few more years then flog us.
Equally, people can’t understand why you would want these guys out.

Better the devil you know.
———————————————
Here is a thought to feed on...

A common conversation in this thread regarding transfer windows is when a poster says:

“let’s wait and see until the window closes“

The response generally is to refer to the most recent transfer windows as solid evidence to hypothesise that the current will indeed also be as uninspiring. It’s not an unfair thing to say so I can see why it is often said. A successful window goes against the grain and could then be considered an outlier.

So applying the exact same logic to ownership of the club. In the last 40 years no owner had been able to establish wolves in the top division. Fosun are the outlier in this model. Why should anyone expect that the next prospective owner would not be anything other than what we have seen in our recent history?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom