Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from andrade on this btw

**There is currently no agreement between Palhinha and Wolves. Sporting believed (!) back there that a negotiation could arise, so it handed over the power of attorney/authorization to Jorge Mendes

Like we said before all talk we never had anything agreed.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Sellars are not the inspiring captains that we need for our ship. Do prospective new players chat with them and sense their emptiness and maybe desperation? Is Wolverhampton not a desirable place to move to for them?? Things have stalled badly since Shi "took overall control and influence" and Jorge Mendes has gone very quiet. We need to stop the nonsense of signing "players with potential etc" and then farm them out to Grasshoppers. Our focus should be on our own team and manager, who needs backing. Every passing day of late shows me that my worries for the coming season are totally justified. Are we trying to sell Neves for big bucks first and then and only then, spend a few quid..?? The apparent inertia at our club is of great concern.
With Mendes I feel that he’s very much in the “can lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink” position. He can convince his players to entertain the idea of Wolves but these players will need to be convinced and, because of the level of player we are looking/needing to sign, they will have other interested parties. Mendes can’t force a player to sign for us when, as their agent, he knows other clubs are offering for him too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Brief update on #Wolves ; Im told the plan is still to bring in “at least “3-4 new players , with the priority being the spine : CB, CM & CF. They expect the market to accelerate during July. Couldnt siphon any info on Neves, Adama or MGW. Not much, but it’s all i have”
Can l ask the source? It sounds positive.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just read about 15 pages and it's all bickering and esports, my apathy is starting to turn more towards a little bit of anger, I knew we wouldn't do much this window just like the last few but I was hoping with how we have let players go we would be doing something more than we have, no new signings before the players come back for pre season is poor when your manager says he'd like the squad sorted before then, unless this is the squad.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it looks obvious Palhinha was originally all set for us and for whatever reason we arent signing him. This talk of us getting players in July just sounds another wait till this month etc. When nothing happens in July will it be wait till the end of the window after our outstanding success last August?

Clubs still signing players from Europe despite this window so this talk of windows opening in July just looks like talk to me and maybe another excuse for our inactivity.

We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks but I am not convinced one bit in what is going on.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's one more trophy than we've won in recent years and one that is more achievable for us.

Dyche in!
Dyche would be an awful appointment. We’ve got a squad full of Iberian talent, not 6’5 old school British players, I can’t think of one player that would fit how Dyche plays, maybe Jiminez at a push though he’d get a rocker up his backside for dropping deep or pulling wide and not staying “in the mixer”

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem like the plan was to sign Palhinha, but we've changed our mind for some reason. Interesting.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the Fulham forum in meltdown about their faffing?

Edit: this is the opening of their current transfer window thread:

All summer transfer rumours in here please, bearing in mind, that this is the ‘Silly Season Transfer Thread’, so all information and sources are welcome.

Last thread was deleted, due to it becoming uncontrollably off topic, with petty arguments breaking out over certain players.

Moving forward, all off topic replies will be removed, unless they are transfer related.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It does seem like the plan was to sign Palhinha, but we've changed our mind for some reason. Interesting.
The pessimist tells me we thought we had a chance of getting Nunes or the lad from Argentina, that didn’t happen, Palinha thought **** it, Off to Fulham. Neves sold to Arsenal last day of the window for 30million in 15 yearly instalments.

The optimist tells me we’re gonna be retaining Neves and signing Nunes so we don’t need him.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dyche would be an awful appointment. We’ve got a squad full of Iberian talent, not 6’5 old school British players, I can’t think of one player that would fit how Dyche plays, maybe Jiminez at a push though he’d get a rocker up his backside for dropping deep or pulling wide and not staying “in the mixer”

Yeah. I wasn't being serious.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few points on things people have mentioned:

- The fact we're not cash rich should not mean we are unable to do any business. Look at the terms we offered Liverpool when we sold Jota, barely anything was paid upfront, it was in installments over several years. This does however mean we won't be able to get any absolute bargains from clubs who desperately need to sell and may need to use our credit facility which with higher interest rates means a higher cost to the club.
-I am no pantwetter, i have stuck up for Fosun on several criticisms on here but I am deeply concerned nothing is over the line yet and it looks like we are closer to more outgoings than incomings. Fosun have kicked the can down the road for the last 3 summers in investing and improving the spine of our team, resulting in each transfer window following taking on more importance, these are issues of their own doing. The fact we've gone from 2 7th finishes to 13th and 10th shows we have regressed and will continue to do so without some reasonable investment in quality first team additions and improving the overall strength of the squad.
-Personally I'd happily sell MGW if the rumoured £20m+ a reasonable sell on. He's not influenced the first team squad since we were promoted and that money if for example was spent on Palhinha (plus some cash for the club if the fee is as little as £17m) would be an improvement for the strength of a position we need more than MGW currently.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are only ever 3 teams that win it.
and it's at least a comparative achievement.
And the point is, if you think we are run on peanuts, have a look at what Burnley were run on.
He won it with the most points and most goals scored in half a century. The level of disrespect on here for him as a manager is ridiculous.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The optimist tells me we’re gonna be retaining Neves and signing Nunes so we don’t need him.
Just a hunch, but I think this is what will happen. And while I think he'll be good and an upgrade i don't think he'll be as quite as good as people will expect him to be.
Is that pessimism or optimism? I can't tell.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it looks obvious Palhinha was originally all set for us and for whatever reason we arent signing him. This talk of us getting players in July just sounds another wait till this month etc. When nothing happens in July will it be wait till the end of the window after our outstanding success last August?

Clubs still signing players from Europe despite this window so this talk of windows opening in July just looks like talk to me and maybe another excuse for our inactivity.

We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks but I am not convinced one bit in what is going on.
If nothing has happened this time next week ill join you JOS,but still hopeful

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like neves has been completely priced out of a deal, barcelona moved to different targets, united number 1 being de jong, then antony and martinez which will cost them about 200m

Fresh hope of Wolves keeping hold of the 25-year-old due to prospective suitors feeling as though they are being priced out of a deal.

When asked by The United Stand about Manchester United’s midfield targets this summer, Romano immediately mentioned Neves, saying: “A name I keep hearing around Manchester United is Ruben Neves. He is a player always around Man Utd, since last summer. But the answer I’m always receiving is that it depends on the fee.

“When Wolves discuss €100m for Neves, it is something that United will not do. They want to find smart solutions. For Frenkie [de Jong] it is different”

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- The fact we're not cash rich should not mean we are unable to do any business. Look at the terms we offered Liverpool when we sold Jota, barely anything was paid upfront, it was in installments over several years. This does however mean we won't be able to get any absolute bargains from clubs who desperately need to sell and may need to use our credit facility which with higher interest rates means a higher cost to the club.
-I am no pantwetter, i have stuck up for Fosun on several criticisms on here but I am deeply concerned nothing is over the line yet and it looks like we are closer to more outgoings than incomings. Fosun have kicked the can down the road for the last 3 summers in investing and improving the spine of our team, resulting in each transfer window following taking on more importance, these are issues of their own doing. The fact we've gone from 2 7th finishes to 13th and 10th shows we have regressed and will continue to do so without some reasonable investment in quality first team additions and improving the overall strength of the squad.
-Personally I'd happily sell MGW if the rumoured £20m+ a reasonable sell on. He's not influenced the first team squad since we were promoted and that money if for example was spent on Palhinha (plus some cash for the club if the fee is as little as £17m) would be an improvement for the strength of a position we need more than MGW currently.
Does point one not come into play when considering point 2?
How easy is it to get 40 million pounds finance? Aren't their hurdles you have to jump through to prove you can pay it back? If we sign one player at 40m how easy is it to get another loan?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's only the end of June. Transfers will happen.

They won't be mega money signings, just in line with the past few transfer windows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom