Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atletico and right backs

Celtic seek £15m for Juranovic'​

Celtic have set a price tag of £15m for Josip Juranovic.
The times reports that Atletico Madrid are keen on the 26-year-old right back as 30-year-old Sime Vrsaljko, also from Croatia, is out of contract later this week and Danish defender Daniel Wass is 33.
It will be good for the Spanish club to renew their defensive options. Though, it would be unlikely that Celtic will sell Juranovic approximately a year after signing him to the club. aswell as the fact they have pending Champions League group stage matches coming up.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they give any indication on the fee? Would presume we'd accept something between 20-25m
Shame as i would've liked to see him given a real crack here but it is what it is
Sorry mate, no fee mentioned as his role is supporting the playing staff so he gets to know ALOT, but not that much lol.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?
I guarantee you that no scout or recruitment team is paying any attention to someone's WhoScored rating when evaluating a player

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling this could be part of it.

By all accounts he has had a very good season in Switzerland. But so did Kawebe and Christian Herc, yet both probably couldn't play in the Premier League. He's certainly no further ahead of Giles, who has been sent back out on loan.

I was hoping to see him play for Hungary the other week, but like Coady he didn't get a minute.

I think he'd have been ok for the squad (he has had an excellent season) but not to be replied upon just yet in the event of playing a large chunk of the season. Assuming the club believe they have ample cover/someone else lined up, another loan is ideal for him - another 12 months of developing. I think in the circumstances with whats going on with recruitment, many folks are just craving for options and therefore big up loan players maybe a little before they should. He isn't a starter for Hungary even after his excellent season.

I'd have liked to see him make another step up, but maybe the interest just wasn't there or no guarantee he'd play often enough for his development - which is the ultimate goal (either to maximise sale value or to get into our squad)

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that. Imagine if we lost the colours and name
They could take the badge but the colours aren't protected. I doubt anyone would pay top dollar if the name wasn't part of the deal so worst case we come up with a new badge. Not ideal but not a show stopper to a sale.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They dont care about league position as long as we stay up. Its about brand, revenue outside football and fosun sports
I disagree. League position can bring in money and prestige……to a degree. If they didn’t care like you say, Wolves would be in a really, really bad situation.
Why get Sa if they don’t care?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could take the badge but the colours aren't protected. I doubt anyone would pay top dollar if the name wasn't part of the deal so worst case we come up with a new badge. Not ideal but not a show stopper to a sale.
We are reaching a new low considering fosun nicking our badge and colours!
Edit: God I hope we get these signings through quickly that John Williams has suggested. Heron 2.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we expect to make from eSports. Any one know.
Branding, merchandise and sponsorship mainly, and barely any of it will actually have anything to do with the football club, it'll just carry the emblem (then it's down to the money to make its way to the club through the rights of owning said emblem). The potential big money available though (and it's potentially huge) is still years away in my opinion

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The apathy grows day by day
Why? Look at the bright side.

Starting 5th. Pl season. Finished top ten 3 out of 4 times.
Got some great players. Bruno now has a season’s PL experience.
Bruno and Jeff have said that if the right player is available for the right money, they’d try to get him.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will they sell, the football club and the brand or just the football club? Minus the brand.
The brand's worthless without the football club, so that's simply a non-starter. If they wanted to keep the brand they'd write ongoing image licensing into the sale.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
I have had a good catch up with an old friend who works at Notts Forrest, very close to the players over the weekend, and have debated putting this up……

He told me they are VERY confident that MGW will be joining them this season.
Really disappointing was hoping we’d build a team around him next season. One of the best prospects we’ve produced and we are selling him to Nottingham forest…

Reaction score
Saw that Bonatini was in Miller and Carter last night. Reason's to be cheerful.....

I feel Bonatini has gone under the radar as one of our worst signings of recent times - yes he was good for 6 months in the Championship but wasn't much use after that (and once teams realised what Nuno was trying to do/that we weren't your average Championship team and began to negate us better).
Why we signed him for the Prem I don't know - played like 7 times was it before going off on loan forever.
I thought this contract expired 2022 so was surprised to see him still knocking about, APPARENTLY WE'VE QUIETLY EXTENDED IT. Why? Of all the Grasshoppers ire, this is the only one that actually seems daft to me.

His loan signing, great, making it permanent and then if true that we've extended it when he's not kicked a ball for Wolves in 3 years and is late 20s, ridiculous.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this week ends up with Palhinia joining Fulham, MGW asking to go to Forest and there being no further sign of any Wolves incomings, I'd dread to imagine the state of Twitter/facebook? Will be a bloodbath. Probably won't be too pretty on here either tbf.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this week ends up with Palhinia joining Fulham, MGW asking to go to Forest and there being no further sign of any Wolves incomings, I'd dread to imagine the state of Twitter/facebook? Will be a bloodbath. Probably won't be too pretty on here either tbf.

Jeff shi was trending yesterday

Honestly it's just going to keep boiling until we get more than one incoming, one won't help we need multiple

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we don’t know what’s going on but I think those few extra league places that Sellars didn’t want to risk the clubs future for in January would have got us into Europe and made us a lot more attractive to players thinking of joining us from abroad.
Same theme for every window since Summer 2018.

Strengthen from a position of strength. We have not done it. We have been in that much of a position of strength til now one could argue, to keep competing. I think this is our last year of competing and we are going to pay the price for "not risking the clubs future" and actually do exactly that. We could have a real battle on our hands next season. I would snap your hand off for 10th right now.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get real he says. Derek Redmond didn’t have this much trouble getting over the finishing line.
Oh man, still one of those great sporting moments...for all the wrong reasons......except for the humanity of it all.

Back
Top Bottom