Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I don’t find it hard to grasp, I’m saying that our manager is not indifferent. So your hypothetical situation doesn’t reflect reality.

City, with their vast resources and squad can afford to be indifferent about fringe players. We’re not City.
I actually can see Lage not being impressed with MGW If he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his spot—he wants players who are committed. Lage is pretty cutthroat that way

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually can see Lage not being impressed with MGW If he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his spot—he wants players who are committed. Lage is pretty cutthroat that way
I can see Lage not being impressed with the club for agreeing a fee for a player he's said he wants to keep.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see MGW being bothered how Lage feels. I get the feeling he sees his future away from wolves and fosun will be looking to cash in.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manure haven’t signed anyone as yet either. They have a new manager and very high expectations. I’m sure they like us and many other teams will be doing a lot more business now pre-season is starting. Kick off is still 6 weeks away.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manure haven’t signed anyone as yet either. They have a new manager and very high expectations. I’m sure they like us and many other teams will be doing a lot more business now pre-season is starting. Kick off is still 6 weeks away.
Compare us to other sides similar to where we are and they have signed players . Not having a dig but we have one of the smallest squads in the league and a few players have left on frees. We scored very little amount of goals and looked clueless at times in games to create anything . So I am starting to get first a little frustrated that these areas are not addressed.

Relegation battle here we come IMO at the moment . As who is going to create the chances and secondly who is going to score the goals . As we have the same brunch of players that at times struggled last season .

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun can’t inject money into us because of the CCP

Reminds me of the Saints fc situation with their past Chinese owner who went down the self-sufficency route ,selling off the best players, and just bouncing around mid-table.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a good sign in my opinion, that we are apparently not letting Connor Ronan leave yet. Officially Bruno wants to take a look at him but I don't see him playing in the EPL.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a good sign in my opinion, that we are apparently not letting Connor Ronan leave yet. Officially Bruno wants to take a look at him but I don't see him playing in the EPL.

I thought that was just the Scottish press and their whole sense of completely unrealistic views. I cannot believe for one instant we are taking a look at him.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is a shambles. He’s going to take a look at all the players be said weren’t good enough last summer again.

Fosun area joke however no need for the Twitter trending degrading of Jeff shi not on!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trincao is still a chance to reinforce the leonine squad, as expressed by Rúben Amorim, who worked with him at Braga, but Barcelona are interested in letting coach Xavi Hernández watch the Portuguese striker during pre-season, so a possible transfer may not be

Trincao potentially staying at barca

However record suggesting sporting want a 2 year loan deal but barca want to include a £20m euro option

Sporting wants Trincao for two years: lion prepares alternative scenario
SAD proposes longer loan to accept the option (20 M€) that Barcelona imposes

Oxford Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Todays the start of pre-season training. The day that Bruno said he wanted most of the signings at Compton.

If I were him, after being shafted, again, I’d be handing in my resignation and ****ing off to the Algarve.
We’ll be signing internationals who wouldn’t be due to report until next week anyway.

All is fine.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, new week. Some of the lads are back in training. We will sign someone this week, positive thinking.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wont though. He needs the job. Respectfully, he isnt exactly an A-lister.
This, this and this. And fosun know this. They have him right by the short and curlys and he probably knows it himself.

I feel sorry for him. He was let down last summer, let down in January and so far this summer has been let down again.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This, this and this. And fosun know this. They have him right by the short and curlys and he probably knows it himself.

I feel sorry for him. He was let down last summer, let down in January and so far this summer has been let down again.
It wont end well for him either if we start where we left off.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Todays the start of pre-season training. The day that Bruno said he wanted most of the signings at Compton.

If I were him, after being shafted, again, I’d be handing in my resignation and ****ing off to the Algarve.
If I were Lage, I would be more realistic and careful about what I say to the press, because you can be sure someone will jump on it. Not one team has all their signings done for now, and with the extended international season, I wouldn't foresee a footballer interrupt a holiday to sign for a club a couple of weeks earlier.
I can see Lage not being impressed with the club for agreeing a fee for a player he's said he wants to keep.
I can see Lage being less impressed with MGW potentially not wanting to be here. If we did sell for £20m plus. there's more money in the kitty for a player none of us know whether he is good enough or not.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd rather have him then Jordao. Not saying he'll make much impact but he's a tidy player.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fully understand why it's reasonable to sell Gibbs-White if he doesn't sign a contract as he only has two years on his contract. I think he will be good enough for the Premier League but I understand why Wolves might sell him.

Then Neves is in the same situation. Two years left, so if he doesn't sign a new contract it's reasonable to sell him.

Throw in Dendoncker & Traore who each only have one year left.

Moutinho has less than a week, so he's basically gone unless they sort out a contact soon. I think we'll succumb to his demands purely because we might have little other choice.

It's a hell of a lot of work to do. With a sell to buy policy, we are in a situation where our assets are depreciating.

For three years we've been needing an extra midfielder. We could be in position of needing three or four.

I'm still pretty relaxed, but the clock is ticking.

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell MGW £20m, Adama £20m, and add in £20m retained profit that's £60m and none of those players played any significant part in a 10th place finish.

That is more than enough to refresh the squad with three or four players - OK maybe not the likes of Nunes, but there would be plenty of players out there who would improve the 'squad' if not the first team and in this Senario we keep Neves.

Buckle up the next two or three weeks will be very interesting!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's how you reinvest the money that's key . We have not signed anyone so far and looks like we have to sell to buy .

Most fans of other clubs I speak to think we are going to be battling with relegation this year .

I do fear we will struggle as let's be fair we scored **** all last season. So a where's the creativity and the goals . As we have not improved any area of the team so far this window .
Neto for a start

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So potentially we have gone from Palinihna or Nunez to Ronan WOW.

Mind you I suppose we may as well wheel out Bonatini as backup and that's us doing bits .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell MGW £20m, Adama £20m, and add in £20m retained profit that's £60m and none of those players played any significant part in a 10th place finish.

That is more than enough to refresh the squad with three or four players - OK maybe not the likes of Nunes, but there would be plenty of players out there who would improve the 'squad' if not the first team and in this Senario we keep Neves.

Buckle up the next two or three weeks will be very interesting!

I'd rather sell Coady then MGW and I'm not sure we'll get £20m for Adama. Ideally we can but the doesn't seem to be any interest in him at all.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun can’t inject money into us because of the CCP

You have seen the timeline on this I assume? You will also find previous discussion of the issue if you search the MolMix archive. Nothing new here to add to the panic and gloom.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were Lage, I would be more realistic and careful about what I say to the press, because you can be sure someone will jump on it. Not one team has all their signings done for now, and with the extended international season, I wouldn't foresee a footballer interrupt a holiday to sign for a club a couple of weeks earlier.

I can see Lage being less impressed with MGW potentially not wanting to be here. If we did sell for £20m plus. there's more money in the kitty for a player none of us know whether he is good enough or not.
I'd agree if we hadn't (supposedly) agreed a fee with someone for him whilst simultaneously trying to convince him that we want him to play a big part for us this season.

"Hi Morgan, you've had a fantastic season. We really see you playing a big part for us next season. We'd like you to sign a new contract... but we have agreed a fee with Nottingham Forest"

It wouldn't really convince me, tbh.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd agree if we hadn't (supposedly) agreed a fee with someone for him whilst simultaneously trying to convince him that we want him to play a big part for us this season.

"Hi Morgan, you've had a fantastic season. We really see you playing a big part for us next season. We'd like you to sign a new contract... but we have agreed a fee with Nottingham Forest"

I think its giving him the option, compare the contracts between the two

see if hes got the balls for it

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or .... Morgan we are really keen for you to stay, but Forest want you as well. You are a very lucky fella. Have a think about things and see what your options are, the ball is in your court. It all depends on context doesn't it?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I see it as - Here's a new contract Morgan to reward you for your progress. We are also aware that you've made noises about not wanting to b with us going forward, so we are willing to let you go too. I think we are being VERY fair. Especially if the demands of a first team place are anything like true.

Back
Top Bottom