Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Letting mgw go seems a mistake..how many players we let go now ? Just doesnt feel like we have a plan..or at least a decent plan in place...we literally havent had one positive thing happen since end of season...other than the end of the season !

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Letting mgw go seems a mistake..how many players we let go now ? Just doesnt feel like we have a plan..or at least a decent plan in place...we literally havent had one positive thing happen since end of season...other than the end of the season !
We don't have a plan, I'd be quietly confident in saying that as such, albeit all best laid plans fail.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Seen a lot of him playing for Wales. Never thought "oo, I'd love to see him at Wolves." But to use that most useless of office jargon, 'we are, where we are.'
He’s not very good.not even as a squad player for me.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be worth double that in a year. Club must keep him and get him to sign a new deal as the season goes on and play him. Cant believe we could be about to potentially lose MGW. It just sums up the way the club is going at the moment. Just zero good news.
How do you know that he will be worth double, we can't possibly know either way.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mom
If anyone thinks a large private equity company is going to keep funding us they are mad. The funding is done and we are on our own. It was always going to happen, my gripe is they have pulled the plug before all these extra (so called)revenue streams have really taken off, so we have to sell to buy. doc, jota, Mir etc have been the start of it they just haven’t re invested any of it back in and have obviously used that money to pay dividend out to shareholders. The reality is we don’t have the benfica or dortmund quality set up where they can sell to buy really well and maintain strong teams as 1. We don’t have the quality young players coming through and 2. The people to manage it correctly.
We literally have no money and Neves not being sold proves they don’t and we will be relegated unless he is sold to reinvest back in. The only way around it is if fosun realise they need to invest big in this window like 5 years ago and have the same set up till the next re fresh.

They won’t and I don’t care what they say in terms of “doing thing differently” we will not progress under them, they have closed the purse. They are business people not football lovers !! That’s why I want them out, the model they are trying to create isn’t ready yet and they pulled the plug far too soon
You really appear to understand nothing.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's worse than that it seems their president, Sun Sky, is signing players without input from the recruitment team and also seem to be running the club from China.
Also says Shi reports to Sun but I thought Jeff was higher up than him?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it appears pre-season is starting up tomorrow and this week. Bruno wanted his squad ready for pre-season. He has been let down again on that front.

But presumably, we will surely know more regarding say Moutinho?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My take on MGW .. would love him to stay but £20/25m is a fair price .. if he is as great as people are making out why is it only Forest trying to sign him .. no one else has made an offer yet ..
watch him have q wonderful season for forest being the main man in the middle

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most except those playing international football tomorrow will be reporting back fitness tests and measurable expect to see some media of it

So the likes of MGW, Traore, Cutrone, Bonatini and. Sanderson will be back. Decisions to be made on all of them. Hopefully quickly as well.

The likes of Chiquinho, Neto, Sa, Jonny, Raul, Pod, RAN, Kilman, Toti, Fabio, Boly, Hwang I assume will also be back + the kids which doesn’t look too bad.

That leaves Coady, Mouts, Ruben and Donk who will return next week after international duty.

No idea about Trincao.

I hope tomorrow will kick start some positive news from the club. No doubt the E and S will start by showing photo’s from Compton on the sports pages. Wow!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My take on MGW .. would love him to stay but £20/25m is a fair price .. if he is as great as people are making out why is it only Forest trying to sign him .. no one else has made an offer yet ..

He's the type of player we need. We waasted most of the money we'd get for him on Hwang.

Doubt we'll spend the money very well. When we should be buying the MGWs of the world

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats why i am hoping he stays .. just querying why people think he is worth £30/40m .. but at the end of the day it will be his choice

It's the potential for his value to increase. He's worth 20m right now, he could fail for us and still be worth that to championship clubs l. If he performs in the premier league he could be worth a hell of a lot more. 30-45m if he has a similar level season, and he's got the ability to do that

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally I don’t expect any quality oven ready signings, just kids with potential, but another season survival in the Prem will suit Fosun down to the ground.

I am seriously wondering if Fosun’s ambitions extend further than the above?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the potential for his value to increase. He's worth 20m right now, he could fail for us and still be worth that to championship clubs l. If he performs in the premier league he could be worth a hell of a lot more. 30-45m if he has a similar level season, and he's got the ability to do that
Which championship clubs have 20 million to spend?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never get this logic.

If Raul was so good why was it only us going for him. If Neves was so good why was it only us going for him. If Jota was so good why was it only us going for him.

So on, so forth.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never get this logic.

If Raul was so good why was it only us going for him. If Neves was so good why was it only us going for him. If Jota was so good why was it only us going for him.

So on, so forth.

Raul was a bit part player with potential which we took a punt on with the loan and option to buy.

Neves and Jota were off the Mendes carousel with massive potential and come to us to put them in the shop window for bigger moves.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Imagine we sold Morgan and went out and bought a Trincao/Vitinha equivalent who everyone thinks looks a good signing on paper/FM/youtube but actually look rubbish for a year as they get acclimatised.

Morgan is ready- this should be his breakout year and he should be doing it in gold and black.

Either he takes the Trincao/Donk role in last years 352/343 team or he takes the number 10 in a refreshed 4231/433.

Both ways, he is better, younger and more prepared than anyone we would be able to buy.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul was a bit part player with potential which we took a punt on with the loan and option to buy.

Neves and Jota were off the Mendes carousel with massive potential and come to us to put them in the shop window for bigger moves.
Ah, so only Wolves were interested, so they must have been absolutely average.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a thought why don’t we have a thread where we solely talk about rumours, potential players,ITK signings and share you tube clips. No bickering, no calling names or doubting ITKs as WUMs, no doubting Fosun/Shi - you can do that on another thread/poll.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a thought why don’t we have a thread where we solely talk about rumours, potential players,ITK signings and share you tube clips. No bickering, no calling names or doubting ITKs as WUMs, no doubting Fosun/Shi - you can do that on another thread/poll.
No.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But has he got he desire to do it with Wolves??

Back
Top Bottom