Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need a sporting director

It’s clear Bruno has no say, and that shi ultimately decides - but who is trying to make these signings.

IF that runour abouts Hobbs is true, which I don’t believe it is - why is a scout being sent to do transfer business . His job is to spot a good player surely; not convince them to sign.

If neves stays, then nunes in CM would be fantastic - and provided we sign a CB and move to a back 4, things could look promising.

It’s on a knife edge at the moment though, and I don’t anticipate nunes to sign or a CB to sign good enough to change to a back 4

WhAt we have learnt; again - is no one , either on here or a journalist has a clue about wolves transfer business.

Ok so Hobbs is job is head of recruitment, not just a scout, he is in the committee.Hypothetically So wolves go to River plate and offer the release clause, then the player doesn’t want to join because his agent has said Benfica is coming in etc. Can’t really blame Hobbs for that, maybe the situation was different when this was arranged and the player changed his mind, all hypothetical of course.

Nunes is a difficult one again, seems to be waiting on the player, who loves sporting and may be told by his agent to wait for city if Barca buy Bernardo silva. They can offer bigger wages, champions league, trophies.

I’m glad the club are pursuing the targets we supposedly are and it’s clear we have options and we are doing it relatively early, in comparisons to deadline day

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This all stems back to our completely ludicrous jan window where we made one of our worst signings ever (for the same price we could now sign Palhinha) and then gave away one of our most dangerous players for free.

Instead of just maintaining even half decent form, reaching Europe and pushing on, we completely collapsed and the tail spin is getting faster and faster.

Someone at the top needs to get a grip of things and quick as this is becoming farcical.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica have confirmed the Fernandez deal. A nice couple of days being linked though!

FV66-9IWIAIoAvM

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I’m glad the club are pursuing the targets we supposedly are and it’s clear we have options and we are doing it relatively early, in comparisons to deadline day
Doesn’t matter if you do it early or last second if the end result is the same and the player either stays where they are or go to more ambitious projects. Let’s face it the perception of us at the moment is there is no direction/money/project, compare that to 2018 we had momentum a clear view, ambition and a project that many outsiders thought was serious.

D

Deleted member intdint

Good deal for Benfica, but they’re letting him stay and play with River, somethings that we were not prepared to do.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

At least Shi is trying , he did the window before and the one before and so on . Surely if Guo was more hands on he would be Kenny jacketted by now .
You never know he might go on one of those business trips to China and disappear off the face of the earth if he fails again.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Benfica have confirmed the Fernandez deal. A nice couple of days being linked though!

FV66-9IWIAIoAvM

FV66-9IWIAIoAvM
Is he going straight to benfica or in the january window so he can finish of his champions league games? If its straight away then it means, 1. We are not perceived as good as benfic or 2. We are terrible at negotiating seen as we would likely offer him a higher salary than benfica.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling pretty gobsmacked at the ****e being peddled out of journos and wolves.

Took the day off yesterday which fortunately coincided with a closed thread.

So Enzo says F off wolves, id rather play CL football in portugal.

And rumours are Nunes also has said jog - on and what are all these people smoking.

At least we have bonatini back on monday

Matheus Nunes at the Barcelona table
Agreement with Wolverhampton is ready to sign but midfielder doesn't close doors. Admits to stay and, if he leaves, wants an ambitious project

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The censorship is over then. I have to say closing a thread and being told you cannot talk about something until the next day is very authoritarian.
I suggested that this thread be called "BS and Bickering" but the post was taken down.
I wonder how long this post will stay up.

It seems the chinese approach to social media has extended to the mix.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
The censorship is over then. I have to say closing a thread and being told you cannot talk about something until the next day is very authoritarian.
Being told to take a breather, calm down, and come back to the discussion the next day, hopefully with a better atmosphere.... maybe a frustrated attempt to calm things down on a thread ranging from painful to embarrassing.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here’s one to start the day off from Fab Romano, just like every other transfer ends for us lately

I would suggest we've been used a little bit here to speed up Benfica or Milan getting involved.

Which makes me wonder - are we barking up the wrong tree with transfers Jorge isn't involved in?

We don't seem to be able to sell the vision, the club, the city, the project (if it exists anymore) from within the club.

This may turn out to be another window where we get who Jorge says we get after our own internal recruitment team fail to deliver.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeling pretty gobsmacked at the ****e being peddled out of journos and wolves.

Took the day off yesterday which fortunately coincided with a closed thread.

So Enzo says F off wolves, id rather play CL football in portugal.

And rumours are Nunes also has said jog - on and what are all these people smoking.

At least we have bonatini back on monday

Matheus Nunes at the Barcelona table
Agreement with Wolverhampton is ready to sign but midfielder doesn't close doors. Admits to stay and, if he leaves, wants an ambitious project
I wouldn't worry about Nunes going to Barca. They don't have a pot to **** in and, if they do amass some funds, have some big names they're after.

Cant see Nunes joining Wolves though. My gut tells me it won't happen.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Athletic this morning stating that any move for Nunes is unlikely, we’re not in for Palhinha anymore & he looks set to join Fulham & we want Enzo but we have no agreement, and he’ll likely join Benfica given the fact that they do.

View attachment 28505
View attachment 28506

Also stating Neves could stay though, which is positive
Palhinha is a Portuguese Scott Mctominay

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to get milan to buy fernandez to get sanches who knows.

I do think this is a case of a mendes merry go round, at some point benefica or others will be happy with us and let us take a 19 year old for 6 to 10m

R

reanswolf

I still think Palhinha is a good realistic target for us rather than our pie in the sky deals like Nunes.

Ok I understand we need an attacking Cm too, but he would sure us up and add mobility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Palhinha is a Portuguese Scott Mctominay
This has made me chuckle, this it what I'm going to tell myself repeatedly whilst rocking back and forth when he's bossing the midfield for Fulham, hopefully not against us.
(Disclaimer)
This is a joke and is not to be read in the context of negativity, I support my club and Fosun 100%.
And it is of my own opinion that if we haven't signed palhinha then we weren't in for him in the first place.
Sellars is an absolute professional and I hold him in the highest regard along with Mr Shi and the entire Fosun group.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a load of loans returning plus some very talented under 23s so remarkably despite the concerns of some we actually have too many players and need to shift some out.

Bolla, Sanderson, Ronan, Hawabe, Jordao, MGW, Giles, Cutrone, Bonatini, Traore, Dadashov all back
Kawabe is still with Grasshoppers (not saying we might not recall him) but his loan was for 18 months and is already in pres season training with them
No chance for when pre season training starts the internationals will also still be away so the 1st team training will consist of under 23s plus a smattering of 1st team players

Sarkic
Moulden
Somdergaard
Jonny
Lembikisa
Marques
Mosquera
Toti
Sanderson
Bueno
Giles
Cundle
Perry
Ronan
Chiquinho
Traore
Neto
Podence
Campbell
Corbeanu
Cutrone
Dadashov
Bonatini

Everyone else is either injured or international duty/holiday
*may have missed some.

Lembikisa is currently with the Jamaica u20s so he shouldn’t be back yet

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We'll sign some rando 17 year old from Belenenses to keep us quiet soon, and then that'll be it, despite plenty of rumours also designed to placate. Then right near the end of the window, we'll sell Traore and Neves. Jeff and Scott, pain etched all over their faces, will insist we tried to sign players but the market and prevailing economic conditions were just too tough. We HAD to sell Neves and Traore, not for the money, but they had gentleman's agreements to go this window. And the transfers happened too late for us to reinvest the money. Finally, Bruno is trotted out to say he's happy with the squad and generally prefers a small squad anyways. And our journey to relegation fodder is complete.

You can smell the stink of mediocrity and stagnation at Wolves a mile off right now. It's a familiar scent, but we all recognise it, as it hung over Molineux for nearly 20 years under Moxey.

Right I'm off to go and tell some kids they're adopted and Santa doesn't exist.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What is odd is why at 18m no one other than fulham are interested

Spurs were supposedly interested before signing Bissouma. Was also rumours of United being interested, along with West Ham of Rice had left.

I guess the difference is, those clubs can afford and attract better players. Not so sure we can.

Seems a no-brainer to me so believing/hoping we have something better up our sleeves.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes people need a thread to vent their frustration, at lack of transfers, direction of the club, cost of living...... It's good to talk.

Think we'll get 3 players in, 1 will be quality, the other 2 squad players, but think we really need 3 players to go straight into the 1st 11, after seeing last year's mess.
Ah, so if one assumed MGW was the quality player, and Adama was a squad player we only need one more

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not getting Palhinha for that price is a huge mistake.

I just don’t understand why we track a player for 3 years and then when they become available for a reasonable/decent price and is happy to come here we say ‘nah can’t be *****’. This despite us still only having 3 senior midfielders, any/all of whom could conceivably leave?

I think Palhinia will do really well at Fulham

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if you do it early or last second if the end result is the same and the player either stays where they are or go to more ambitious projects. Let’s face it the perception of us at the moment is there is no direction/money/project, compare that to 2018 we had momentum a clear view, ambition and a project that many outsiders thought was serious.
Can I just suggest that we should judge the end result - at the end of the window? I am anxious about who we will get too but at present we all have no idea who that will be. Not suggesting don't discuss it, just try and avoid leaping to conclusions - that way lies madness or at least a closed thread

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Spurs were supposedly interested before signing Bissouma. Was also rumours of United being interested, along with West Ham of Rice had left.

I guess the difference is, those clubs can afford and attract better players. Not so sure we can.

Seems a no-brainer to me so believing/hoping we have something better up our sleeves.
The problem is we are wearing a string vest so we don’t even have any sleeves.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Can I just suggest that we should judge the end result - at the end of the window? I am anxious about who we will get too but at present we all have no idea who that will be. Not suggesting don't discuss it, just try and avoid leaping to conclusions - that way lies madness or at least a closed thread
TBF that has been said after every window since 2018.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This enzo nonsense…..Why are we shopping in Harrods with a bag of lose change and few old buttons. What’s the point of even going for these players from top clubs who have options like Milan and benfica etc? Or is that the tactic so Jeff can make it look like he tried but ultimately failed again.

We have no European football to offer. We have no ‘project’ to sell. We have a useless drip for a manager. We have no style of play. We have our best player in the shop window. We have hardly any first team players. We have an old ageing stadium. We are a club most foreigners (probably) have never have heard of. We are located in the former industrial heartlands not some vibrant trendy cosmopolitan metropolis.

When you can only afford to shop in Lidl. Shop in ****ing Lidl. There are some bargains to be found for sure. Don’t waste you time on a trip to Knightsbridge to ask the shop assistant if they will sell you a Tiffany tiara and matching diamond necklace for three pounds ****ing fifty cos you want it for your daughters school disco run by DJ Dave down the local WMC.
That's it, tug our forelock, know our place and take the big boys leavings... I hope that you are being sarcastic but if not forget that (l read Mutchy's intro, lol!)...

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to get milan to buy fernandez to get sanches who knows.

I do think this is a case of a mendes merry go round, at some point benefica or others will be happy with us and let us take a 19 year old for 6 to 10m
Will they be ready to make the step up into the Grasshoppers first team though?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Palhinha to Fulham been confirmed? Haven't seen an announcement and is is being referred to as a done deal on here. Just checking

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The problem is, this ****ing self sustainable model. It’s what’s ruining our development as a football team because we’re relying on our players to be sold for big profit to help fund the development of the team.

But it’s not as easy as that as we’ve seen with Ruben so far this window. So now we’re in the position where we have to just accept that the midfield will be no different to the last previous 4 seasons because ‘we need to be self sustainable”. It’s total *******s.

The mindset of the board is all wrong. They’re thinking about the financial structure before thinking about the transfer strategy so it’s basically defining what our strategy should be which is the total wrong way of doing it and could end us in serious serious trouble.
Well how else do you suggest we fund it, it they don't want us to give more money?

Back
Top Bottom