Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could this be the same as Forest/MGW?

We actually want the Roma player but then bid for his replacement - same as MGW/Ramos?

Or am I clutching at straws and it is all paper talk….

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could this be the same as Forest/MGW?

We actually want the Roma player but then bid for his replacement - same as MGW/Ramos?

Or am I clutching at straws and it is all paper talk….
Probably Jorge just trying to get Belotti to sign a bloody contract by showing him his options are Rome or Wolverhampton.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The 28-year-old Italian striker is currently unattached and considering his options after his seven-year spell with Torino drew to a close last month. Belotti has heavily been linked with a move to Roma, but they’re unable to complete a transfer until they finalise the loan departure of Eldor Shomurodov.

As reported by TMW, Wolves have emerged to offer Belotti a three-year contract worth around €3.5m net per season plus add-ons. The 28-year-old is not too excited about the proposal, so he’s stalled for the time being as he continues to wait for Roma to complete a deal.

Galatasaray are also keen to pick up the Italian striker and seem willing to improve their terms, but Belotti is still unconvinced about a move to Turkey.

Roma still seem like the most likely destination for Belotti, but failing to re-home Shomurodov could complicate things.

Thoughts?
Really hope its true but somehow doubt it.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
68K per week seems low for a player of Belloti's standing and on a free. Doesn't quite add up but would love him to come in obviously, get Nico in on loan Aswell then the window starts to look very different. Doubt either will happen sadly

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I don't. Wolves have never done outgoing loans particularly well. MGW is the first one I can remember who seems to have benefitted through significant development.

Yes, I suppose if a high enough bid came in we may cash in for MGW, but even that would prove to have been a successful loan.

MGW can be used as an example to young players that if you take your opportunity while on loan you can cement a place with the first team (if indeed he does) upon your return.

I'm hopeful the Anderlecht move is the making of Fabio Silva, and should he come good makes loaning rather than signing a striker this summer look wise.
Each to their own mate.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm so glad we played all of our 5 substitutes, at least it showed that the Leeds team couldn't walk through our team for the second goal..

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope its true but somehow doubt it.

He isnt the same player we saw when we were in Europe. He has had a fair few knee problems and in the game's i've seen him ( which admittedly isnt many, probably 12-15 over the last couple of seasons ) he hasnt looked great. Looks very one paced and not overly mobile.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
We lose the first game of the season with no striker and nobody on the bench and 10 mins later we're linked with Belotti?

Hahaha hahaha.

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady for £20m?
Double it
Even if you did value Coady at £40m (which is crazy to me), we don't exactly hold a strong bargaining position. He's sat on our bench, unhappy as he wants to be playing ahead of the World Cup. We can't demand that type of money for him.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd say Coady is definitely going to be head hunted now with Everton losing Godfrey.. what I don't get with all this is how have we not made a couple of loan deals for players in? Surely these weren't hard decisions to make? It's actually quite embarrassing to see us make 1 sub and shows the trust Lage has in his bench. Our players are going to burn out if we play the same 11 week in week out with no subs. We need investment desperately and sellers needs to **** off with his recruitment policy and realise we are a premier league club that needs a squad of players not under 23s..sorry for rant just very frustrating..despite that looking forward to the attacking part of our game we looked a real threat.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
68K per week seems low for a player of Belloti's standing and on a free. Doesn't quite add up but would love him to come in obviously, get Nico in on loan Aswell then the window starts to look very different. Doubt either will happen sadly

Yeah, not 100% sure on Belloti. However I can't see him being anything other than a really good addition to our forward line. Imagine if we could have brought him on today, would have given Leeds a lot more trouble in the centre of defence. Neto tormented them many times, imagine if he had Belloti in the centre to aim for.

We just aren't going to get that genuine "Raul Mk II" striker without paying big money, either way.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, not 100% sure on Belloti. However I can't see him being anything other than a really good addition to our forward line. Imagine if we could have brought him on today, would have given Leeds a lot more trouble in the centre of defence. Neto tormented them many times, imagine if he had Belloti in the centre to aim for.

We just aren't going to get that genuine "Raul Mk II" striker without paying big money, either way.
Not a chance Belloti comes to us.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno stated in his pre match press conference to be patient and trust them..and that we will have a decent squad...so will have to see what happens...

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Bruno stated in his pre match press conference to be patient and trust them..and that we will have a decent squad...so will have to see what happens...
Need to see players in the next few days really, Saturday could be another banana skin for lage then what? On paper this month is not a bad month for us but could be.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno is clearly towing the club line there I think. The time for patience and all this trust them *******s is surely over now? We need two in minimum before next Saturday or it will more than likely be another game we fail to win due to a lack of any depth and having no striker.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to see players in the next few days really, Saturday could be another banana skin for lage then what? On paper this month is not a bad month for us but could be.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to Shi and Sellers...to either act or put pressure on Fosun to let them spend...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance Belloti comes to us.

Was just saying/dreaming - if only we did have a player like him today. There must be others? If not, then we may as well give up until Fabio gets there. And that has to be 2 years away, at least.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's fine and I agree in theory. But I remember a "trust us" last season. I just want the best for Wolves as the lows following defeats are so galling.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is clearly towing the club line there I think. The time for patience and all this trust them *******s is surely over now? We need two in minimum before next Saturday or it will more than likely be another game we fail to win due to a lack of any depth and having no striker.

Even if we get new players in, it will take time for them to get up to speed..

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a wake up call to Shi and Sellers...to either act or put pressure on Fosun to let them spend...
Can only hope but Shi is more eSports and music entertainment. Like where is this on terms with us as a club him as the chairman of this club.. he is non existent with us. **** Him off on his other projects and get a footballing chairman in.

Back
Top Bottom