Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I open Molineuxmix, hoping to read about Batman, but instead, it's Thelma and Louise.
I’ll bring you up to speed.

Thelma is a Portuguese dynamic midfielder we’re looking at bringing in on a loan with option.

Louise is a South American striker we were tracking last month. Expect him to be back up this season but bags of potent. He’ll be announced on a 5 year contract this Monday.

Trust me. I’m HITK!

Madmalc

Reaction score
Agreed.

Current member of the England squad.
Captain of an established Premier team.
Prime age.
Great leader.

Personally I wouldn't sell, but if we do as close to £40m as possible.
More like £60m because that's what a replacement would set you back.
Same valuation method as MGW at £50m.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m inclined to agree with the post though.
I don't. Wolves have never done outgoing loans particularly well. MGW is the first one I can remember who seems to have benefitted through significant development.

Yes, I suppose if a high enough bid came in we may cash in for MGW, but even that would prove to have been a successful loan.

MGW can be used as an example to young players that if you take your opportunity while on loan you can cement a place with the first team (if indeed he does) upon your return.

I'm hopeful the Anderlecht move is the making of Fabio Silva, and should he come good makes loaning rather than signing a striker this summer look wise.

Karl Price

Groupie
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have any issues with Neves signing a new contract with a reasonable release clause (something around £40m-£50m).

He has outgrown us and deserves to play at the very top. Just need some way of ensuring we get something resembling fair value when he does leave so we can reinvest properly.
I think that’s a bit low. I’d go £100m unless the club is in the champions league then £70m.

To back this up, if Arsenal will pay £32m for a 22 year old with no premier league experience and not a full international surely Neves is worth double that.

But I take your point - we won’t stop players moving on to bigger and better things so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to your figure.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if he signed a contract today with your suggestion any club could come along and meet your valuation which is less than we are supposed to be asking now.

What we are asking is too much, we did this with Traore and have ended up in a situation where he could walk for nothing at the end of this season, a 40-50 mill release clause is more than reasonable IMO

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree re Silva he has good movement and I think would gel well with Pod, Neto and MGW. If he can score some goals and boost his confidence this season, we could have a quality player on our hands next season.
Re Silva l agree but not sure why l ended up quoted lol

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have any issues with Neves signing a new contract with a reasonable release clause (something around £40m-£50m).

He has outgrown us and deserves to play at the very top. Just need some way of ensuring we get something resembling fair value when he does leave so we can reinvest properly.
55 to 60 m is reasonable

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The release clause needs to be at the top end of what you’d reasonably expect someone to pay, to stop windowshoppers, so for me shouldn’t be less than 60m. Doesn’t stop him leaving for less than that, and that’s where the gentlemens agreement comes in to reassure him that Wolves will support a move for a fair price for a club that Neves is keen to move to.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40-50m for Neves is perfectly fine imo

I try and base it off other DM's that play his position the main one being Rodri who went for £62m

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The release clause needs to be at the top end of what you’d reasonably expect someone to pay, to stop windowshoppers, so for me shouldn’t be less than 60m. Doesn’t stop him leaving for less than that, and that’s where the gentlemens agreement comes in to reassure him that Wolves will support a move for a fair price for a club that Neves is keen to move to.
Agreed, unless it is agreed that it can change in the course of the contract. The way things are going in the transfer market top dollar now could well be an absolute bargain in two years time

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

His market value is probably higher but I fear that if we put a higher clause in, we run the risk of him not signing at all and end up in the worst case scenario of having to accept a much lower fee in 12-18 months time.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sshhhhh. We can get £20m odd for him if they think they're getting a defensive midfielder too.
No way we are letting him go for under £30 mil
Whatever your thoughts are on him as a player in this team,he is a current England international and a great leadership figure
I worry we are putting all our eggs in a very small and untested basket if we let him go at this point

Madmalc

Reaction score
Looks like the spine of the team is evolving;
Neves Captain whilst on field
Kilman deputy
Just need a new longterm CF

Last edited:

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll bring you up to speed.

Thelma is a Portuguese dynamic midfielder we’re looking at bringing in on a loan with option.

Louise is a South American striker we were tracking last month. Expect him to be back up this season but bags of potent. He’ll be announced on a 5 year contract this Monday.

Trust me. I’m HITK!
I am on a cliff edge now
Oh the suspension

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is worth £20m and I don't see any world where a well respected captain and england player goes for less. At 29 and where pace is not his strength, he could play for many years more.

I suspect fans will be disappointed in his ability unless they really play him as nuno did. Same as Doherty.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this is why for every good post you make,
I have to remember absolute tosh like this!

If he was going to start for us and we didn't want to sell, his value would be a lot higher. If we're open to moving him on it's going to decrease his value.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The 28-year-old Italian striker is currently unattached and considering his options after his seven-year spell with Torino drew to a close last month. Belotti has heavily been linked with a move to Roma, but they’re unable to complete a transfer until they finalise the loan departure of Eldor Shomurodov.

As reported by TMW, Wolves have emerged to offer Belotti a three-year contract worth around €3.5m net per season plus add-ons. The 28-year-old is not too excited about the proposal, so he’s stalled for the time being as he continues to wait for Roma to complete a deal.

Galatasaray are also keen to pick up the Italian striker and seem willing to improve their terms, but Belotti is still unconvinced about a move to Turkey.

Roma still seem like the most likely destination for Belotti, but failing to re-home Shomurodov could complicate things.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom