Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Cavaleiro Effect

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are seriously missing him. He is the one player (pre Traore) who carries the ball and runs directly at the opposition.

I also think it’s no coincidence that Costa and Jota have suffered a downturn in form since he’s been out of the team. Playing as a front 3, those 3 were really fluid and had that understanding between them which we are now lacking.

You can have the best individual players in the world but you cannot underestimate the power of player partnerships both on and off the field.

Hurry back Cav!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant wait to see Cav back, even when he is having a poor game he puts himself about, Helder really needs to sharpen up, he cant be keeping his place on his pre injury form, a shadow of his former self..

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Said all along ... our tempo is set by Cav when he plays!

When he is on the pitch then everyone else seems to be on their toes ... when he isn’t we quite often look caught on our heels.

He is infectious!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively lacking his composure and high energy.

Jota and costa think they are having a ****ing kick about . Man up!!!

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's our Hazard.....In the mean time enjoy the ride.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously!

I love Cav and hope he get back soon. But he’s not the reason we’ve taken one point for two games.

We’ve played two good PL teams both of which would be disappointed to finish below us this season. Ffs! How many point have we taken off Everton at home when we’ve been in the PL? From the reports we played well today but without getting the result.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He can be the new George Ndah - a good player who gets better and better the longer he's out of the team.
For me he's like the rest, he needs the ball facing the opposition and to get it down and run at them, this is what Costa and Jota aren't managing to do currently and not sure why Cav would be any better. Not that I wouldn't like to find out.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously!

I love Cav and hope he get back soon. But he’s not the reason we’ve taken one point for two games.

But we’ve played two good PL teams both of which would be disappointed to finish below us this season. Ffs! How many point have we taken off Everton at home on when we’ve been in the PL? From the reports we’ve played well today but without getting the result.

That’s not the point I was making. It was more about the performances of his mates Jota and Costa

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cav has something that Costa, Jota and Traore don't despite their many attributes. Whether starting or coming off the bench as an impact sub, we badly need him. Hopefully, he will recover from his injury soon.

S

ShropshireLad

Sadly, injuries set players back. It goes for all of them. I cross my fingers that Cav can repeat last season's form when he was on fire but we shouldn't expect too much from him on his return.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cavaliero brings a high pressure and work rate that we don’t have when he doesn’t play, It was a catalyst for most of our attacks last year.

Dead right if he's out for some considerable time we'll really miss him, unfortunately without him I can't see where the goals are coming from as he makes so many.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cav is a key man in the squad. If Jota and Costa don't get up to speed soon then he is the go to man who I think can thrive at this level. Hopefully back for West Ham or soon after. Him and Traore can do damage alongside Raul.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota and Costa were both too easily bullied off the ball yesterday, something that didn't happen to Adama and wouldn't happen to cav. Leicester have some big and strong defensive players mind and they won't be facing that type of player every week.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cav is one player that will always be a miss.

D

Deleted member 4023

The team are adjusting to life in a new division - it takes time.
The team need to improve - not just certain named individuals.
LIfe in the big boys league was never going to be easy - We need to give 100% support to whoever takes the field for our club.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
LIfe in the big boys league was never going to be easy - We need to give 100% support to whoever takes the field for our club.
Ì agree to a point, personally 10 games will tell us if we are able to make the adjustment,several need to step up or there confidence will go completly.Life wasnt going to be easy as hardest league in the world to stay in,but all the crap hype about fosen 7 year plan is pie in the sky.We have just been promoted so need to stay up as first target.Cav may help but I guess we all beleived jota and costa would be capable at this level so juries out on cav as well.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Cavaleiro. I want him back as soon as possible. I want to see him play in the premier.
But I don't know what will happen. Like everyone else in our front line, it will be his first time at this level.
Whilst everyone seems to be in agreement that he's more than capable, it is also a bit of a blinkered view.
In a way, all it is until now is wishful thinking.
Really hope he works out the way we wish, because we do need what we think he can bring.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more options the better. I do find it funny how players become a lot better when they aren't in the team though. Not a dig at Cav who I rate btw

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling that Nuno doesn’t like him.
Don't get that myself. I think he may see him as a sub more than a starter maybe....but hey that never harmed Solksjaer.....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rate Cav, but I also think Helder and Diogo will be fine.
Early days. Things will click

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well soon Cav. Your club needs you. What I particularly like about this bloke is that he delivers ‘end product’. He makes things happen. Agree with Tring ... a front three of him with Raul and Adama is some prospect.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot wait for him to get back. I think we miss him and I think he would thrive in this league. With four top class wingers rotating and interchanging I feel we would bamboozle the opposition.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not confident we will see him play for us again.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s only a muscle injury he will be back in another month or so needs fitness ect

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades

AberWolf

Reaction score
I like Cav but...I certainly don't think he'll have the immediate impact some on here think. Give the bloke some time, he's going to be coming back from injury having missed some pre season. Jota and Costa have had full pre season's and hardly set the league alight...yet.

Back
Top Bottom