Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The buck stops with Jeff Shi @ WWFC

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gone are the days of the great "football managers" like Stan Cullis and Sir Alex Ferguson having total control over a football club in the top flight.
Bruno or Nuno like many "football coaches" not "football managers" in the PL have little say about the recruitment and buying and selling of players anymore.

Jeff Shi after getting rid of other managerial positions ie Laurie Dalrymple and others in the past 3 years is in total control nowadays of all matters at WWFC..
He has the final say of the big transfer decisions like of Diogo Jota, Fabio Silva and maybe Ruben Neves this summer? At the end of the day the buck stops here with him.

The question is as Jeff hasn't come from a footballing background previously in jobs. Is he the right man to be making such massive footballing decisions for our great club?

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gone are the days of the great "football managers" like Stan Cullis and Sir Alex Ferguson having total control over a football club in the top flight.
Bruno or Nuno like many "football coaches" not "football managers" in the PL have little say about the recruitment and buying and selling of players anymore.

Jeff Shi after getting rid of other managerial positions at WWFC in the past 3 years is in total control nowadays..
He has the final say of the of big transfer decisions like of Diogo Jota & Fabio Silva maybe Ruben Neves this summer? At the end of the day the buck stops here with him.

The question is as Jeff hasn't come from a footballing background previously in jobs. Is he the right man to be making such massive footballing decisions for our great club?

Yeah and the club is doing well overall. Let’s see what happens in the summer and then I might agree with you

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merge thread with one of the countless others?
So @Beller why aren't you asking for the "Bruno Lage" "Bruno is not the man" or "Bruno is the man "threads to be merged?

Not asked any questions about our chief Jeff for a while ;)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jeff Shi after getting rid of other managerial positions at WWFC in the past 3 years is in total control nowadays..
He has the final say of the of big transfer decisions like of Diogo Jota & Fabio Silva maybe Ruben Neves this summer? At the end of the day the buck stops here with him.

Surely the owner and that Mendes chap works it all out. Shi unlocks and switches off the lights.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have stopped bank rolling Wolves and are looking for fresh investment

Until then we are now a self sufficient club because of the climate in China (CCP)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When is this summers roundtable of doom due?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the owner and that Mendes chap works it all out. Shi unlocks and switches off the lights.

Until then we are now a self sufficient club because of the climate in China (CCP)
Yes and I don't suppose we'll be seeing all these business people pictured together again at Molineux or anywhere else again will we??
OV4LMRHVS5BS5FPIE2ANLMRJOI.jpg

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need much new investment ?
We have the 9th largest payroll and not too much deadwood to carry like some clubs
If we reuse this wages bill and sell or loan players out surely with good management and Mendes on board we can stiill go for Europe, with are vitalised squad.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Do we need much new investment ?
We have the 9th largest payroll and not too much deadwood to carry like some clubs
If we reuse this wages bill and sell or loan players out surely with good management and Mendes on board we can stiill go for Europe, with are vitalised squad.
It’s not so much deadwood more a case of a group who as a collective have been together too long .We have to freshen things up because we are going stale and not progressing

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love to know what a "football man" actually means.

Given Jeff's international business management expertise and high level negotiation skills coupled with his work ethic, my guess is he has learned more about running a Premier league football club than any ex-pro come coach you can name.

If he wants a 40 year football veteran he has Sellers, if he wants a coach who has literally wrote the book on tactics he has Bruno.

At the end of the day this game is about finding the right mix of professional footballers who are elite athletes (with a football brain) - for that he has Mendes and our recruitment team.

Jeff is just fine, he just has to stump up the cash.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Given Jeff's international business management expertise and high level negotiation skills coupled with his work ethic, my guess is he has learned more about running a Premier league football club than any ex-pro come coach you can name.

If he wants a 40 year football veteran he has Sellers, if he wants a coach who has literally wrote the book on tactics he has Bruno.

At the end of the day this game is about finding the right mix of professional footballers who are elite athletes (with a football brain) - for that he has Mendes and our recruitment team.

All true but his sources of cash to stump up are limited to those generated by the club itself…ie he cannot simply turn to the shareholder and say we need 200 million to improve the team and press for top six . For whatever reason ( covid, CCP, Fosuns investment limits, war in Ukraine, or other unknown) we have been told time and time again that the shareholder will not be a source of further capital….indeed they have said they are willing and would like to allow others to invest . So if you know of someone or have 200 million to invest in a football club you can speak to Jeff. This is the FFP that limits us …Fosuns Financial Plan

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not so much deadwood more a case of a group who as a collective have been together too long .We have to freshen things up because we are going stale and not progressing
Yes . I mean that, use the 9th highest wage bill to employ different players.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we kept the same midfield , but bolted on anew attack that would refresh the attitude of the remainers.
I would be very ****ed off playing with our non scoring attack in front of me.
Never playing with the freedom of a two goal lead at any time. One mistake away from a loss or draw

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I wonder if we kept the same midfield , but bolted on anew attack that would refresh the attitude of the remainers.
I would be very ****ed off playing with our non scoring attack in front of me.
Never playing with the freedom of a two goal lead at any time. One mistake away from a loss or draw
Not sure because rarely does our midfield dominate in a game and very rarely gets beyond the forwards or score many goals .
I am not suggesting we dump everyone because the right changes might just invigorate other areas of the team .That said the recruitment has to improve massively

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering our limited revenues, our two 7th. place finishes, our 13th. place finish in a Covid year, currently in 8th. place, one FA semi final and quarter place in the Europa and a squad of many internationals, I‘d have to say we’re not doing too badly at all.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering our limited revenues, our two 7th. place finishes, our 13th. place finish in a Covid year, currently in 8th. place, one FA semi final and quarter place in the Europa and a squad of many internationals, I‘d have to say we’re not doing too badly at all.
We’ve found Jeff’s pseudonym account…..:)

More seriously would love to know Guo’s aspirations and aims.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Momentum is all in football.
And the last two years have not been as good as the first two. Some rotten decisions have been made in the last three years.
Silva, Traore, Jota , Trincao , Cutrone Hwang and Jose being some of the worst by comparison.
But hey we aren't Everton !
But that spinning top is wobbling ....and need a push this summer

Puddled Duck

Reaction score

Absolutely, FOSUN have invested £175 million and are returning a profit albeit involving player sales eg Jota, we are on a sensible investment path and doing well, not ****ing money up the wall like Villa?.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score

Nothing to do with China, FOSUN made a billion in profits last year!, Wolves are simply on a sensible investment plateau and the focus is on expanding the Wolves brand in China to increase turnover as opposed to just engaging in silly investment in the squad like the Villa!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Momentum is all in football.
And the last two years have not been as good as the first two. Some rotten decisions have been made in the last three years.
Silva, Traore, Jota , Trincao , Cutrone Hwang and Jose being some of the worst by comparison.
But hey we aren't Everton !
But that spinning top is wobbling ....and need a push this summer
Agreed and 1st 2 years as I said didn't Jeff have more help in executive and football wise way from the likes of Laurie D and others.
Last 2 years Jeff's been like a lone striker that needs help with assists to meet those goals for WWFC that the ownwes Fosun have spoken about.
You can't call Scott Sellars Director of Football can you now? Come on there's no quality backup executive staff to help Jeff is there?

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Agreed and 1st 2 years as I said didn't Jeff have more help in executive and football wise way from the likes of Laurie D and others.
Last 2 years Jeff's been like a lone striker that needs help with assists to meet those goals for WWFC that the ownwes Fosun have spoken about.
You can't call Scott Sellars Director of Football can you now? Come on there's no quality backup executive staff to help Jeff is there?
Uncle Jorge is Director of Football?.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That`s Jeff`s choice unless we can`t afford quality staff

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Football man = a man who has been around football since he watched games on his dads knee, has played it for years at any level, knows the smell of wet cut grass and deep heat.

See also football woman.

Regardless of what your views on the success of the current regime are (I think they are doing well), Shi is a proxy face of an international business which owns our football club. They dont give an f about you, they want cash, and lots of it.

Just also want to add, Bruno didnt write the book on tactics. He is a student. He will read the books of other more legendary football men. Jeff wont. He will read and manipulate our balance sheet.

Everyone on this forum, inducing me, have varying levels of delusion about how Fosun want to help us. They want to use us to make them money, and we all on here are happy with this to various degrees.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Football man = a man who has been around football since he watched games on his dads knee, has played it for years at any level, knows the smell of wet cut grass and deep heat.

See also football woman.

Regardless of what your views on the success of the current regime are (I think they are doing well), Shi is a proxy face of an international business which owns our football club. They dont give an f about you, they want cash, and lots of it.

Just also want to add, Bruno didnt write the book on tactics. He is a student. He will read the books of other more legendary football men. Jeff wont. He will read and manipulate our balance sheet.

Everyone on this forum, inducing me, have varying levels of delusion about how Fosun want to help us. They want to use us to make them money, and we all on here are happy with this to various degrees.
FOSUN are using us to make money in the Asian markets, I'm sure over time some of this money with flow back to team building and ground improvements etc!, at present we are well placed in the premiership and visible in the Asian markets, at a realistic level of investment to FOSUN?.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I believe we have good players. Many internationals that are more than competent. The way they are coached, set up and motivated isn’t down to Jeff nor Sellers. They are just convenient targets when the coach doesn’t do his job

D

Deleted member (smith)

FOSUN are using us to make money in the Asian markets, I'm sure over time some of this money with flow back to team building and ground improvements etc!, at present we are well placed in the premiership and visible in the Asian markets, at a realistic level of investment to FOSUN?.

I understand how building the brand oversees helps to develop sustainable revenue for Wolves. I do not understand how you think Fosun are using Wolves to make money in the Asian markets…it seems to exactly the other way around….Fosun are using the Asian markets to make money for Wolves.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand how building the brand oversees helps to develop sustainable revenue for Wolves. I do not understand how you think Fosun are using Wolves to make money in the Asian markets…it seems to exactly the other way around….Fosun are using the Asian markets to make money for Wolves.
Does anyone have any figures just how much money Wolves make from the Asian market? I guess we’re only talking merchandise, right?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we can sign an Indian player for 14m next.

Doesn't matter if he's **** on the pitch, we'll sell as many shirts over there as we do with Hwang in S.Korea.

8 or so.
But we won’t, they will make their own better quality knock offs.

Back
Top Bottom