Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Anglo Italian Cup - bring it back?

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a post I have made on Space Wolf's Calcio UK Forum, thought I would share it with you on here to see what your opinions are:

"I think it would be great if this tournament was resurrected once again.

As a fan of a Championship side, I would love to see some Italian teams coming to Molineux for the games.

It would be much more interesting than the Carling Cup.

This season Juve and Napoli would have been involved too so some lucky Championship fans would have seen one or both of these great sides playing competative football at their club.

What do others think of this?

If your Italian side played your English side, who would you support?

Wolves for me, they are without doubt my main club side but others would certainly support their Italian side over their English one."

When we were involved in this tournament in the mid-90s, we faced a Venezia side in Venice which included a young Christian Vieri!

This season, some lucky Championship fans would have had the chance to see their side play competatively in the Stadio Olimpico (Juve) or the San Paolo (Napoli).

Or just imagine a draw which threw up a tie of Colchester facing Juve at Layer Road!

P

paddingtonwolf

Only Anglo-Italian game I ever saw was away at Leicester in the fog. Bully scored but you couldn't tell as it was as thick as the home support.

Waste of time tinpot rubbish.

E

Essex Wolf

There are already too many pointless cup competitions going about IMV so I have to say no but can see LI's point.

P

paddingtonwolf

How about an Anglo-Spanish cup?

We could invite Boavista

D

Del Woppio

...Beckham whips in a great cross! The keeper's fell over - he's on his own in the penalty area...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just waiting to be tapped in.....................

P

paddingtonwolf

...rolling along the line, just desperate to be clinically dispatched

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a trip over to Italy to see Wolves play, but it was a bit of a dead duck back in the day wasn't it??

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
same as the texaco cup, the anglo-italian will never return while the carling cup still exists.

W

Wulfhere

I saw a few Anglo-italia games and to be frank they were complete rubbish. The standard of refereeing made the Championship refs look superb. I remember Robbie Dennision having the crap beaten out of him by about three players and no one even got booked. Wolves would have to pay me to watch that drivel again.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No-one cared about them in the days when we were getting 23,000+ plus for league home games, so this time round we'd stuggle to get over 10,000 in.

And watching Wolves in a 95% empty Stadio Olimpico on a cold Tuesday night sounds awful to me.

S

Stewarton Wolf

Only Anglo-Italian game I ever saw was away at Leicester in the fog. Bully scored but you couldn't tell as it was as thick as the home support.

Waste of time tinpot rubbish.

I think you will find that was the Zenith Data Systems Trophy:D

P

Phys Ed Wolf

No thanks, just an excuse for a bit of racism/xenophobia from the fans. And fighting/histrionics from the players. Didn't Jamie Smith get involved in a ruck once down here against one of the teams?

Back
Top Bottom